159 replies to this topic

#21 tsigo

tsigo

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:58 AM

Absolutely correct, nicely spotted!

I was wrong again! Glyph of Slice and Dice - Spell - World of Warcraft seems to be the actual glyph spell. The one I linked before must be something else.

#22 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 07:15 AM

I was wrong again! Glyph of Slice and Dice - Spell - World of Warcraft seems to be the actual glyph spell. The one I linked before must be something else.

It's partially my bad since I've been to busy to actually check this, I'm going to fix it later today :)

#23 impossible!

impossible!

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

As for Hunger for Blood all you need to do is add this to the bottom of the evl_SliceDice.lua (I don't do GUI's sorry):

local hungerDuration = 30
local hungerBar = evl_SliceDice:CreateBar("player", "Hunger for Blood", hungerDuration)
hungerBar:SetStatusBarTexture("Interface\\AddOns\\evl_SliceDice\\media\\HalV")
hungerBar:SetStatusBarColor(1, 0, 0)
hungerBar:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", ruptureBar, "BOTTOMLEFT", 0, -1)
hungerBar:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", evl_SliceDice, "BOTTOMRIGHT")
hungerBar.label:Hide()

I was not able to get this working last night. (Hysterically, I spec'd into Mutilate, enchanted some weapons and set this up only to have a Glaive drop a handful of hours later.) At any rate, the closest I could come to fixing it is:

local hungerBar = evl_SliceDice:CreateBar("player", "Hunger [b]For[/b] Blood", hungerDuration)
Case sensitive spell name, and Blizzard sucks at prepositions apparently. This would bring up the frame when activating Hunger for Blood, but would not draw a bar. Any ideas?

#24 tsigo

tsigo

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 06:01 PM

hungerDuration is an integer. It needs to be a function that returns an integer.

#25 Trevear

Trevear

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 01:45 AM

Does anyone know where you can get a copy of evl_Nameplates? I've looked at Curse/Curseforge and at WoWInterface but no luck. And I'd be willing to modify an old copy if it is as simple as changing a few lines. Would still need a location on that too though.

Thanks.

#26 Nathariel

Nathariel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:32 AM

Does anyone know where you can get a copy of evl_Nameplates? I've looked at Curse/Curseforge and at WoWInterface but no luck. And I'd be willing to modify an old copy if it is as simple as changing a few lines. Would still need a location on that too though.

Thanks.

It is included with the download .zip file from the Curseforge website linked in Evl's sig.

And Evl, I have had a bit of a play with making a Feral version of the Slice and Dice monitor from modifying your code. Will send you a copy when its cleaned up.

#27 Mordekhuul

Mordekhuul

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:39 PM

Thanks.

Additionally, could anyone post in brief what EvlNameplates does in contrast to Pitbull or the default UI? I'm rather curious what features from Pitbull are not there, in the name of keeping it simple. If it isn't anything I don't need, I'll switch in a heartbeat.

#28 Moogul

Moogul

___facing so hard right now

• Members
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

EvlNameplates is not a raid bar mod like Pitbull, it's a nameplates mod like Aloft (that's what I recall anyway, unless I'm getting it confused with another mod).
Ijago <Casual Jerks>

#29 Mordekhuul

Mordekhuul

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:06 PM

EvlNameplates is not a raid bar mod like Pitbull, it's a nameplates mod like Aloft (that's what I recall anyway, unless I'm getting it confused with another mod).

PitBull covers nameplates as well, no? Unless I am mis-using the word Nameplate.

To be clear, I don't use PitBull raid funtionality. Everything except my nameplate, my target, and my target's target switches to Grid when I'm in a raid.

#30 Moogul

Moogul

___facing so hard right now

• Members
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

PitBull covers nameplates as well, no? Unless I am mis-using the word Nameplate.

I haven't really looked at full PitBull functionality in a while, but by 'nameplates' I mean the floating bars that appear above the heads of mobs/NPCS/players (generally most people only use them for mobs).

Edit: random example img: Nameplates
Ijago <Casual Jerks>

#31 Mordekhuul

Mordekhuul

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

I haven't really looked at full PitBull functionality in a while, but by 'nameplates' I mean the floating bars that appear above the heads of mobs/NPCS/players (generally most people only use them for mobs).

Edit: random example img: Nameplates

My bad, you are right. I was thinking unit frames when I saw nameplates.

#32 gti2756

gti2756

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

Evl, Love your addons man! Regarding evlnameplates-I am trying to change the height of the statusbar but it does not seem to stick. Also, is there any way to show a percentage of health on these nameplates?

I have changed the following

-- Highlight which shows up on mouseover
  highlightRegion:SetHeight(12)

-- Health bar
  healthBar:SetStatusBarTexture(TEXTURE)
  healthBar:SetHeight(12)

to

-- Highlight which shows up on mouseover
  highlightRegion:SetHeight(5)

-- Health bar
  healthBar:SetStatusBarTexture(TEXTURE)
  healthBar:SetHeight(5)

After doing that, some statusbars change height from thin to normal size.
Any help is much appreciated!

#33 impossible!

impossible!

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:34 PM

Since finding this thread, I have basically redone my entire UI to account for a mix of o*, evl and rMods. So, thanks a ton, evl, for starting a gross mini-obsession. :)

Anyway! I can't seem to get evl_Reminders working. Has anyone else tried using it post-3.0.2? It's loaded and recognized, but none of the actual conditions ever seen to be satisfied. This is using the pre-defined reminders in general.lua and rogue.lua. I'm assuming it's failures are a result of my newness to this whole thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again, evl, for the great set of tools.

#34 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:57 AM

Since finding this thread, I have basically redone my entire UI to account for a mix of o*, evl and rMods. So, thanks a ton, evl, for starting a gross mini-obsession. :)

Anyway! I can't seem to get evl_Reminders working. Has anyone else tried using it post-3.0.2? It's loaded and recognized, but none of the actual conditions ever seen to be satisfied. This is using the pre-defined reminders in general.lua and rogue.lua. I'm assuming it's failures are a result of my newness to this whole thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again, evl, for the great set of tools.

Could you try turning on lua errors and see if you get anything? The reminders should activate if you e.g cancelled one of your poisons.

#35 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

Evl, Love your addons man! Regarding evlnameplates-I am trying to change the height of the statusbar but it does not seem to stick. Also, is there any way to show a percentage of health on these nameplates?

The height has to be set every time the bar is updated, I guess I could make it a bit easier by letting the update function run on existing bars but I'll have to see what kind of performance impact that has, until then you can't really get percentagehealth up I'm afraid.

#36 impossible!

impossible!

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 01:57 PM

Could you try turning on lua errors and see if you get anything? The reminders should activate if you e.g cancelled one of your poisons.

The only error I receive at any point -- login, satisifying a Reminder condition by removing a poison -- is from an entirely different add-on.

#37 gireal

gireal

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:13 PM

Hunger for Blood timer bar issues.

Ok, so, with some fiddling and syntax correction I am able to get slice and dice, rupture, and then HfB stacked behind/on top of rupture. I cannot, however, get three independent bars to display. If hungerBar is anchored to sliceandDiceBar then I properly get three working timer bars, but rupture will overwrite the display of hunger if hunger's duration is less than the rupture duration. Refreshing rupture always takes precedence over HfB bar so HfB's bar is always in the background in the SnD-> rupture/hunger setup.

local hungerDuration = function()

local maxValue = 30
return maxValue

end

local sliceAndDiceBar = evl_SliceDice:CreateBar("player", "Slice and Dice", sliceAndDiceDuration)
sliceAndDiceBar:SetStatusBarTexture("Interface\\AddOns\\evl_SliceDice\\media\\HalT")
sliceAndDiceBar:SetStatusBarColor(0.5098039215686274, 0.4784313725490196, 0.3686274509803922)
sliceAndDiceBar:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", evl_SliceDice, "TOPLEFT")
sliceAndDiceBar:SetPoint("TOPRIGHT", evl_SliceDice, "TOPRIGHT")
sliceAndDiceBar:SetHeight(17)

local ruptureBar = evl_SliceDice:CreateBar("target", "Rupture", ruptureDuration, true)
ruptureBar:SetStatusBarTexture("Interface\\AddOns\\evl_SliceDice\\media\\HalV")
ruptureBar:SetStatusBarColor(1, 0, 0)
ruptureBar:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", sliceAndDiceBar, "BOTTOMLEFT", 0, -1)
ruptureBar:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", evl_SliceDice, "BOTTOMRIGHT")
ruptureBar.SetHeight(4)
ruptureBar.label:Hide()

local hungerBar = evl_SliceDice:CreateBar("player", "Hunger For Blood", hungerDuration)
hungerBar:SetStatusBarTexture("Interface\\AddOns\\evl_SliceDice\\media\\HalV")
hungerBar:SetStatusBarColor(0, 0, 255)
hungerBar:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", evl_SliceDice, "BOTTOMRIGHT")
hungerBar:SetHeight(4)
-- hungerBar.label:Hide()

is the code for three bars in a row. In order to get the cobbled together working bars replace ruptureBar in:

with

sliceAndDiceBar

Also note, the function for hungerDuration is required in order to have a HfB bar that actually moves. it was remaining a full bar without the function.

If you try to set the bottomright anchors for ruptureBar to hungerBar the rupture bar's top begins at the bottom of SnD bar, but extends down off of the screen.

In the fully quoted code configuration no HfB bar is ever drawn. If you comment out ruptureBar code so that you only have sliceandDiceBar and hungerBar then both of those bars will work correctly. Essentially I can only ever have two bar "slots" available and I have no idea why.

Sorry, I have zero experience with LUA.

#38 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

hungerDuration is an integer. It needs to be a function that returns an integer.

I'm pushing out a new version today/tomorrow that will allow both literal values and functions for spellName and maxDuration meaning you can have the same bars for several spells (Mangle Cat/Bear e.g).

#39 Jarlyn

Jarlyn

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:14 AM

I added this functionality to evl_Repair myself tonight, but adding a quick check to use the guild bank for repairs if it's available is a nice option :)

#40 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 11:24 AM

I added this functionality to evl_Repair myself tonight, but adding a quick check to use the guild bank for repairs if it's available is a nice option :)

Feel free to share that and I'll put it in the main branch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users