159 replies to this topic

#41 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:23 PM

Hunger for Blood timer bar issues.

Sorry about the lack of configuration but I'm a strong beliver in "fix once, fix forever" :P

I've completely reworked the layout in 1.3 so no matter how many bars you add they'll stack, and as an added bonus, only active bars will be allocated space. Hunger for Blood is also included by default (people that aren't specced Assassination won't notice it), it should be up on CurseForge in a couple of hours (apparently the packager is broken so it could take a while).

#42 Levva

Levva

In Awe of Shocks

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:46 AM

Hi Evl

Can I recommend that you do NOT provide user links to the curseforge site, and instead link to the End User site Curse.com. Perhaps you haven't read the design of the wowace/curseforge arrangement. The idea is that you commit changes to the curseforge site then tag your working code as a release. Curseforge then automatically zips up your code and posts it on Curse.com for your general user base.

The idea is that curseforge.com is a site for developers ONLY to maintain their code and to address tickets/bugs and maintain their addon site. Curse.com is the public facing site that draws all the changes you make at curseforge.com and presents it in a user friendly manner for your users.

Curseforge allows you to have alpha builds and branch test builds so you can have testers try out new stuff. Curse.com is for released versions for the masses and its Curse.com which is where the Curse Updater pulls its downloads from.
Author of ShockAndAwe Enhancement Shaman max dps addon
Please use the EnhSim by Ziff & others to simulate what gear, priorities etc are the best dps. You can use ShockAndAwe to export your paperdoll stats to EnhSim.

#43 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:06 PM

Can I recommend that you do NOT provide user links to the curseforge site, and instead link to the End User site Curse.com. Perhaps you haven't read the design of the wowace/curseforge arrangement.

Thanks for the advice, I'll get right on that :)

#44 Sichosis

Sichosis

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:09 PM

I have a couple of quick questions, I am no stranger to editing lua, but I can't seem how to do two things.

1. Move the combo display location
2. Move the editbox for chat to the top instead of the bottom.

#45 Facktotum

Facktotum

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 01:52 PM

I have a couple of quick questions, I am no stranger to editing lua, but I can't seem how to do two things.

1. Move the combo display location
2. Move the editbox for chat to the top instead of the bottom.

1. To move the combo display edit Line 11
evl_Combo:SetPoint("CENTER", UIParent, "BOTTOM", 0, 100)
2. To move the editbox look at Lines 75 to 78 and undo the --

Same idea here SetPoint is what movies the editbox around your screen. To help your question here is an explanation of the API SetPoint and Anchor Points.

API Region SetPoint - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft
Widget Anchor Points - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

#46 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:08 AM

I just released version 2.0 last night that includes feral druid support and a bunch of other fixes/enhancements.

#47 ant1pathy

ant1pathy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:41 AM

The HfB part is.... ugly. It has these little blips on the sides where the vertical pieces are too tall and overlap. Want a SS, or do you know what I mean?

Possibly make the whole bar the HfB timer until SnD/Rupture is up, then shrink it down to the little bottom bar?

[edit] Also, how can I hack the Repair addon to only auto-repair at a given rep level?

[edit2] The icon for Deadly Poison is wrong (is just blank when I modify the Lua to put that on my offhand). Still works fine, just no icon. Anywhere I can find what the various macro icon names are?

#48 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

The HfB part is.... ugly. It has these little blips on the sides where the vertical pieces are too tall and overlap. Want a SS, or do you know what I mean?

Possibly make the whole bar the HfB timer until SnD/Rupture is up, then shrink it down to the little bottom bar?

I know, I was planning on editing the texture so it would fit more snugly but in my local version i've really just opted for making it a tad bigger, I also had a stab at making the first bar as large as the SnD bar but it got really jittery and confusing.

Short answer: I might make it a bit bigger.

Also, how can I hack the Repair addon to only auto-repair at a given rep level?

I'll have to investigate this a bit further. There's UntFactionGroup but that only seems to work with explicit Alliance/Horde related factions. And on the other hand, selling lint gives me more than I could ever repair for so I don't know how much I will bother with this.

The icon for Deadly Poison is wrong (is just blank when I modify the Lua to put that on my offhand). Still works fine, just no icon. Anywhere I can find what the various macro icon names are?

It was a small typo, i've uploaded a new beta version which fixes some of these issues.

#49 Borelock

Borelock

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

I have a question regarding the latest version of evl_NamePlates.

In the snippet shown below you are referencing what appears to be a custom texture stored in Interface/Tooltips. This file is not included in the Evl's Addon zip which I assume is a mistake and might be the cause of the mixed results I have experienced when trying to deploy this addon for some less technically adept guildies.

evl_NamePlates.lua:9
local overlayBorderTexture = "Interface\\Tooltips\\Nameplate-Border"

#50 ant1pathy

ant1pathy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

Is the HfB fix in the latest upload; and if not, how much bigger fixes the problem?

And thanks for a swift reply!

#51 sarf

sarf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:53 AM

In the snippet shown below you are referencing what appears to be a custom texture stored in Interface/Tooltips. This file is not included in the Evl's Addon zip which I assume is a mistake and might be the cause of the mixed results I have experienced when trying to deploy this addon for some less technically adept guildies.

Actually, that texture should be part of the original Blizzard interface - addon-specific stuff are stored in Interface\\Addons\\.
"Let me be clear... I am prepared to claim any level of incompetence, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid culpability." SMBC #2387

#52 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:56 AM

I have a question regarding the latest version of evl_NamePlates.

I'm sorry for neglecting evl_NamePlates for a while as I've been using the default myself lately. I'll try and get around to fixing it during this weekend but if anyone else has ironed out the issues please feel free to submit a patch/snippet.

#53 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:58 AM

Is the HfB fix in the latest upload; and if not, how much bigger fixes the problem?

And thanks for a swift reply!

The HfB fix is in the latest upload but I'm still seeing a tiny glitch on the sides, As a final way out I'll try and make a completely separate texture for the smallest display.

Edit: Thanks to my awesome Photoshop skills I've replaced the border texture with one that works even down to 4 pixel high bars, this is included in release 2.3 which should be on CurseForge right now.

#54 ant1pathy

ant1pathy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:02 AM

Your addon doesn't unpack correctly when updating from Curse. They just stay in the "evl addons" folder. Easy enough to x/v them over, but thought I'd mention it.

#55 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:25 AM

Your addon doesn't unpack correctly when updating from Curse. They just stay in the "evl addons" folder. Easy enough to x/v them over, but thought I'd mention it.

This is sadly a limitation of the CurseForge packager, it can only generate one ZIP per project.

#56 Eshky

Eshky

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:34 AM

Thanks for the great addons my question is that will they work fully with mac os also? Because I seem to have problems trying to implement them atm

#57 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:32 AM

Thanks for the great addons my question is that will they work fully with mac os also? Because I seem to have problems trying to implement them atm

You will be delighted to know I do all my development and killing of evil orcses exclusively on OSX. As people have previously mentioned when you download the ZIP off Curse you'll get something like this:

Posted Image

You'll want to copy all the individual evl_Something folders to your Interface/Addons directory.

#58 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:25 AM

I posted version 2.4 yesterday that fixes a number of bugs, adds some features (noticably Warrior support in evl_SliceDice)

#59 Mordekhuul

Mordekhuul

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

Evl,

Does your Evl addon package alter the way unit frames look? I like the simple design of the unit frame shown in your signature. If not, please do direct me elsewhere (rmod?).

#60 Facktotum

Facktotum

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:04 AM

Evl,

Does your Evl addon package alter the way unit frames look? I like the simple design of the unit frame shown in your signature. If not, please do direct me elsewhere (rmod?).

The design you are seeing in his signature is not unit frames but rather Evl slice&dice addon.

Red=rupture
Brown=slice&dice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users