• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#141 Memarex

Memarex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

Fantastic, I had deleted the numbers but left it as evl-slicedice.
Swapping the - out for a _ fixed it.

#142 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:46 AM

Fantastic, I had deleted the numbers but left it as evl-slicedice.
Swapping the - out for a _ fixed it.

I've updated and repackaged all my addons now so the extracted folder matches the TOC file, this should handle any problems people have been experiencing with addons not loading.

#143 Lacktorium

Lacktorium

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

Love the add-on, was wondering how and if its even possible to add entangling roots, for feral in particular.

#144 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:15 AM

Love the add-on, was wondering how and if its even possible to add entangling roots, for feral in particular.

Very possible, just open the moduels/feral.lua in a text-editor and append this before the "end":

-- Entangling Roots
local rootsBar = evl_SliceDice:CreateBar("target", "Entangling Roots", 27, 6)
rootsBar.colors = {{0/255, 255/255, 0/255}}
rootsBar.label:Hide()

I'm not sure if 27 is the max duration, or if it even makes any sense to have a duration bar on something that can break at any time but this should work

#145 Lacktorium

Lacktorium

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

Thank you so much, you are right roots probably isn't the best thing to add. I was at the time having trouble with another add-on at accurately displaying the time left on roots for the deprogramming weekly in ICC.

Mangle on the other hand would suit just fine. i believe i can work out adding it just fine with the code you gave me.

Again thank you so much, love the add-on.

#146 ninor

ninor

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:52 AM

Eclipse is fixed for 3.3.3 and lacerate stack and timer, demo roar, mangle (cat/bear) and ff (feral) added in the last update.

#147 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:51 AM

After playing around with my new Paladin i've added a pretty comprehensive Paladin module, while it doesn't try to compete with PallyPower or BuffBroker it's more than enough for managing your own buffs.

#148 Refrakt

Refrakt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 02:53 AM

This addon is simple and great but is there any way to track evenom buff? I know there is other addon that track evenom but I still like this addon as it is not so fancyful compare to others addon. I would like the evenom buff to be added? Any good
coder? Thanks

#149 Silvanaa

Silvanaa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:06 AM

Add this to the rogue module:

local envenomBar = evl_SliceDice:CreateBar("player", "Envenom", 6, 6)
envenomBar.colors = {{0/255, 200/255, 0/255}}
envenomBar.label:Hide()

#150 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:36 AM

Add this to the rogue module:

I'd just like to mention that you can add this (and other customizations) to config.lua instead of the actual module to prevent them from being nuked when the addon is updated.

#151 Refrakt

Refrakt

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:05 AM

How do I move the slice&dice bar? I try alt shift drag but cannot drag the slice and bar.

#152 Silvanaa

Silvanaa

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

Rename the config.lua.sample to just config.lua and edit the first line of code according to your needs.

#153 Neaves

Neaves

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

After playing around with my new Paladin i've added a pretty comprehensive Paladin module

Neat idea! How do you handle righteous fury reminder on spec change? i.e. I want to keep Righteous Fury active in my tank spec, but not my Retribution spec...

while it doesn't try to compete with PallyPower or BuffBroker it's more than enough for managing your own buffs.

By comparing to BuffBroker, you're setting the bar pretty low ;) Kudos on the cool project! Always exciting to see people making slick solutions to their UI grievances :)

I've been hunting for a while now, for a simple addon to display both rogue combo points AND the "stacking proc" from maelstrom weapon. I can see why you asked what you did, I'm not asking for you to recode this to be a "bar like" addon, merely to include the shaman part in the count, if that makes sense? Sorry if my wording was a bit mis-leading.

Late to the party, but I use Power Auras Classic to provide this facility (Activated by: Buff, self, stacks @ 1/2/3/4/5, incombat). It doesn't fit the KISS theme of the thread though, so I might be barking up the wrong tree.

#154 zimira

zimira

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Erpgore
I've been hunting for a while now, for a simple addon to display both rogue combo points AND the "stacking proc" from maelstrom weapon. I can see why you asked what you did, I'm not asking for you to recode this to be a "bar like" addon, merely to include the shaman part in the count, if that makes sense? Sorry if my wording was a bit mis-leading.

Late to the party, but I use Power Auras Classic to provide this facility (Activated by: Buff, self, stacks @ 1/2/3/4/5, incombat). It doesn't fit the KISS theme of the thread though, so I might be barking up the wrong tree.

While presenting combo points and the maelstrom proc is very similar, how you track them in code differ quite a lot.
The game fires an event when you gain a combo point and your addon can more or less just sit around until the game tells it you got a combo point. Very lean and easy to program (technically you have to track target switching too, but that is done same way).
Maelstrom proc on the other hand dont fire any event, so you will have to track and parse all buffs you gain and see if it was a mealstrom proc. Quite a lot messier and there are many buff addons that do this already.

A little bit more on topic: My own CP number is differently colored depending on CP number. 0-2 white, 3 green, 4 orange and 5 red. Not sure why i choose those ranges, but the orange-red is a nice visual queue its time to decide what finisher to use.

#155 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

Neat idea! How do you handle righteous fury reminder on spec change? i.e. I want to keep Righteous Fury active in my tank spec, but not my Retribution spec...

Update: I've updated the addon with additonal checks for this reminder, it will now only activate if you have a rank in Hammer of the Righteous or you aren't level 80.

By comparing to BuffBroker, you're setting the bar pretty low ;) Kudos on the cool project! Always exciting to see people making slick solutions to their UI grievances :)

BuffBroker is working fine for me, then again I only press the key until the icon disappears!

Power Auras doesn't get to K.I.S.S anyone I'd like to affiliate with, but seeing they're going in the standard UI in Cataclysm they're doing something right!

My principle has always been not reinventing the wheel in parts where the default UI almost gets it right (according to my tastes)

#156 Tayzor

Tayzor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

Will you be updating SliceDice to remove HfB and possibly include Recuperate? I love this this timer too much to switch just so I can track one ability easier.

#157 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:41 AM

HfB has been removed the latest version. I have no plans to include Recuperate.

#158 Guest_amafi_*

Guest_amafi_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Luckily adding bars is dead easy. If you play sub and want recuperate, just do something like
-- Recuperate
local recuperateDuration = 30
local recuperateBar = addon:CreateBar("player", 73651, recuperateDuration, 6)
recuperateBar.colors = {{124/255, 252/255, 0,255}}
recuperateBar.label:Hide()
at the end of the rogue module.

No glyphs/talents/set bonuses to consider when it comes to duration, so it's just a matter of finding the spell id and picking a color.

Hacked together a quick spriest module as well, I love how nicely the code is laid out and how well commented it is, even a moron like me can figure it out.

Thanks for making these evl, really appreciate it.

#159 evl

evl

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

I'm a bit lazy pushing to WoWInterface simply because the amount of changes in this patch requires a LOT of fixes. If you're ready for the bleeding edge (which includes Recuperate among others), download my addons from Github. When things stabilize I will naturally return to updating them on WoWInterface.

#160 turbozone

turbozone

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

How can I add a timer for Rupture too ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users