• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2225 replies to this topic

#2221 Sokaris84

Sokaris84

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:17 AM

Well I'm not sure why there is such a discussion on Inspiration. The fact is that there is simply nothing else in the tree that's worth having. =\ I keep a renew on the tank whenever possible, but it still doesn't warrant spending points on it. I've got one point in empowered renew to proc Holy Conc. but that's it. Definately taking Healing Focus this patch.

Anyways, constantius you've convinced me to pick up Body and Soul. I can definately see it's uses. I was wondering how 1 point in surge of light was working out for you, rather than 2? Regarding your current spec, do you think that many points spent on improving ur renew is worth it?

EDIT: I can confirm that PoM crits are certainly proc'ing Inspiration. For the record Empowered Renew crits are not, as expected.

#2222 Ayreon

Ayreon

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

I have been trying Body and Soul for a few days now and to be honest, I still can't see its worth. Sure, it's fun and all to run (or make someone else run) superfast for 4 seconds but I can't recall a single encounter this talent would make a difference on (done eveything up to Yogg p2 on normal, Kologarn, Auriaya, Hodir and Ignis on heroic). On the other hand, seeing the Sunwell level raid damage being dished out by virtually all the bosses, I'm thinking Test of Faith would be alot more useful (and also would make our disc priest hate me less for shielding people).

#2223 MavSteele

MavSteele

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

I have been trying Body and Soul for a few days now and to be honest, I still can't see its worth. Sure, it's fun and all to run (or make someone else run) superfast for 4 seconds but I can't recall a single encounter this talent would make a difference on (done eveything up to Yogg p2 on normal, Kologarn, Auriaya, Hodir and Ignis on heroic). On the other hand, seeing the Sunwell level raid damage being dished out by virtually all the bosses, I'm thinking Test of Faith would be alot more useful (and also would make our disc priest hate me less for shielding people).

The value of this talent is very dependent on raid strategy so it's a clear case of your mileage may vary. With that said it's fundamentally valuable in three scenarios: a raid member needs to get clear of the raid quickly because of some kind of debuff, it can help tanks move to mobs (or away from mobs) faster and it can help a DPS get to their target faster. All of these things could be done without it, clearly, as we've done without it for years. For two talent points, though, when properly used and integrated into your strategy it can cut down on incoming raid damage, help with mob movement and increase raid DPS. Not bad.

#2224 constantius

constantius

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3749 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

So we killed Mimiron, Vejax, and Yogg last night, and it only cemented my belief that Body and Soul is awesome. It actually ends up lowering my effective healing by quite a bit, but the amount of control and aid it gives to the raid isn't really measurable in numbers.

For example, on Yogg, I used it on every single P1 spawn as the tanks spun it out into the middle, allowing them to move faster. Both tanks indicated that it was incredibly useful to them. On P2, as we were running for tentacles, I'd hit the person who was the farthest behind. If someone got slowed (either magic or disease), I'd go find them (using it on myself for speed to reach them), cleanse them, then shield them to get them moving faster.

On Mimiron, I used it on the hunter kiters in P3, and on anyone in range when we were dodging Arcane Barrage.

It gets used on tanks constantly to aid in moving mobs around, and I can't see ever removing it from my spec. Now, you probably only need one priest to have it in the raid, but it's as close to mandatory as I can see for a deep holy build, since it adds so much value-added for 2 points.

And on top of the shield buff, being able to remove your own poisons is awesome-sauce for Yogg P2. You'll see why when you get there.
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house. - R.A. Heinlein

#2225 MavSteele

MavSteele

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:46 PM

For example, on Yogg, I used it on every single P1 spawn as the tanks spun it out into the middle, allowing them to move faster. Both tanks indicated that it was incredibly useful to them. On P2, as we were running for tentacles, I'd hit the person who was the farthest behind. If someone got slowed (either magic or disease), I'd go find them (using it on myself for speed to reach them), cleanse them, then shield them to get them moving faster.

One of our main tanks had to be out of town this week so he missed all of the raiding up to Yogg, but managed to come on just before we got our kill. We dropped him right into the fire and had him tanking P1. On PTR we'd never used BaS so he wasn't familiar with it. The first time he had to pull a nearly dead add around the cloud and I hasted him down to Sara just in time he asked on vent what had just happened because it was awesome.

Just a little anecdote but my point is that it was such a noticeable benefit that someone who had never even heard of the talent had it used on him and immediately recognized the value. This is one of those talents which can't show up on paper how useful it is in practice.

#2226 constantius

constantius

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3749 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

Move it on over to the new thread, folks.
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house. - R.A. Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users