• Please log in to reply
676 replies to this topic

#21 Munorion

Munorion

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

Ok, I just tested: The error pops up whenever I try to fire a testbar. I doesn't (anymore?) prevent SquawkAndAwe from working - the bars (IS/MF/FF...) show up correctly even when the error occured. There's a test bar stuck on the screen as well, however.

It happens with all addons except SquawkAndAwe disabled. This is the error I get in that case (ok, all addons except SaA and tekErr disabled):
Interface\AddOns\SquawkAndAwe\SquawkAndAwe.lua:737: GetSpellInfo(): Invalid spell slot
(tail call): ?
[C]: in function `GetSpellInfo'
Interface\AddOns\SquawkAndAwe\SquawkAndAwe.lua:737: in function <Interface\AddOns\SquawkAndAwe\SquawkAndAwe.lua:726>
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:776: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:600>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:5>
...e\AddOns\SquawkAndAwe\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:264: in function `Fire'
...dAwe\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:20: in function <...dAwe\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:19>

#22 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

Ok, I just tested: The error pops up whenever I try to fire a testbar. I doesn't (anymore?) prevent SquawkAndAwe from working - the bars (IS/MF/FF...) show up correctly even when the error occured. There's a test bar stuck on the screen as well, however.

It happens with all addons except SquawkAndAwe disabled. This is the error I get in that case (ok, all addons except SaA and tekErr disabled):

Interface\AddOns\SquawkAndAwe\SquawkAndAwe.lua:737: GetSpellInfo(): Invalid spell slot
[C]: in function `GetSpellInfo'
Interface\AddOns\SquawkAndAwe\SquawkAndAwe.lua:737: in function <Interface\AddOns\SquawkAndAwe\SquawkAndAwe.lua:726>
...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:776: in function <...nfig-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0\AceConfigDialog-3.0.lua:600>
...e\AddOns\SquawkAndAwe\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:264: in function `Fire'
...dAwe\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:20: in function <...dAwe\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:19>

Is this with the updated 1.0.1 or the original 1.0?

#23 Munorion

Munorion

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:52 PM

This was with 1.0.1.

#24 Moschar

Moschar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:50 PM

Is there a way to move the bars? They are right in front of my visual field. Either I'm stupid and couldn't find how to move them (in which case you have to make the mod stupid-proof) or there is no way curently, so I can suggest to add one =)

Either way, really appreciate the work you put in this addon and in the community in general.

EDIT: Yup, just as i thought, I found the comment about the /saa and there it was the option to move the frames... I guess make it more idiot-proof is my suggestion =)

#25 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:59 PM

Is there a way to move the bars? They are right in front of my visual field. Either I'm stupid and couldn't find how to move them (in which case you have to make the mod stupid-proof) or there is no way curently, so I can suggest to add one =)

Either way, really appreciate the work you put in this addon and in the community in general.

Err, yeah. Open up the mod's options, there should be a checkbox labeled "Move Frames"...

Munorion, there's a single library included with tekErr, I hugely doubt that it's causing the issue, but it's possible. Could you try disabling that? If you've already tried that, another question is which localization you're running. Right now I'm only completely supporting enUS, though I've got things in the works for frFR and hopefully deDE as well. Is there a difference between the enUS localization and any English version for the UK?

#26 Munorion

Munorion

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:19 PM

Sorry, I wasn't clear on that - the error occurs when SquawkAndAwe is the only enabled addon. I just enabled tekErr (after checking that the error occured) to be able to copy/paste it.

I'm running enGB here. I frankly have no idea if there's any difference to enUS.

#27 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 10:34 PM

Sorry, I wasn't clear on that - the error occurs when SquawkAndAwe is the only enabled addon. I just enabled tekErr (after checking that the error occured) to be able to copy/paste it.

I'm running enGB here. I frankly have no idea if there's any difference to enUS.

Aha! I think I found it. I'll make an update as soon as I get a chance. It has nothing to do with the localizations, though.

#28 boomchicken

boomchicken

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:05 AM

I was wondering if you are able to add an option to be able to increase the spacing between the bars or decrease?

#29 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:45 PM

I was wondering if you are able to add an option to be able to increase the spacing between the bars or decrease?

I think I should be able to do that. It won't be in for the next release, but I'll add it to the list of things to work on. Speaking of, the next release is being tested for issues rlated to the new French Localization, I'll upload it once I get the results (not being french, I can't test it myself).

#30 Cadsuane

Cadsuane

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:08 PM

Getting some spacing probs, they kinda overlaps, the pics for the diff bars, and some bars too. An option with spacing would prolly solve this.

edit: its the moonfire tick bar that half overlaps the moonfire cd bar

#31 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 06:45 PM

Getting some spacing probs, they kinda overlaps, the pics for the diff bars, and some bars too. An option with spacing would prolly solve this.

edit: its the moonfire tick bar that half overlaps the moonfire cd bar

Yeah, that's intentional.

#32 Cadsuane

Cadsuane

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

kk, just removed the moonfire tick bar.

the pics overlap some, but nuthing that matters

great addon btw :P

#33 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 09:28 PM

Would it take much to add timers for HoTs? With leveling in play again, I think I'd find it useful for solo fights against spellcasters, or small-group (2 or 3 man) encounters where you DPS and HoT the tank. Having all those bars in one place/style should make them more useful.

#34 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

Would it take much to add timers for HoTs? With leveling in play again, I think I'd find it useful for solo fights against spellcasters, or small-group (2 or 3 man) encounters where you DPS and HoT the tank. Having all those bars in one place/style should make them more useful.

Hmm. It wouldn't be too difficult to do at all, actually. I'll see what I can do. I will only check healing spells cast by you on you, though, as it's useful for leveling. Trying to track spells on others would be a pain in the ass, and only marginally useful for a raiding Moonkin.

#35 Soultrigger

Soultrigger

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:02 AM

I am guessing some from the screenshots, I didn´t use it because I am feral at the moment.

But from the screenshots I guess the bars have fixed areas to appear, what I mean is: it seems like it will always put eclipse on the same spot on the screen.

If such is the case, maybe there could be a text box for us to insert the spellid, and the addon could be used for any spec. (such as putting savage roar on eclipse (maybe), rake on moonfire, and so on).

Just a thought, but I can see how amazing this is without testing, I will use as soon as I can get back to moonkin mode. ^^

#36 Lorewanderer

Lorewanderer

Moof.

•  Patrons
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

There are any number of class timer mods available that will deal with other specs. SquawkAndAwe deals with a few very specific moonkin issues (Eclipse being the most specialized that a generic duration/cooldown monitor doesn't handle casually). I'd hate to see it become bloated with additional features that the primary audience (Balance druids) don't need.

#37 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:39 PM

There are any number of class timer mods available that will deal with other specs. SquawkAndAwe deals with a few very specific moonkin issues (Eclipse being the most specialized that a generic duration/cooldown monitor doesn't handle casually). I'd hate to see it become bloated with additional features that the primary audience (Balance druids) don't need.

This. While I understand the usefulness of having a more configurable timer addon, Squawk isn't it. There's also a fair bit of things going on under the hood that would make a general purpose addon harder to make than you'd realize.

#38 Korâd

Korâd

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:12 PM

Hi Adorielle,

I'm experiencing a Problem with all bars, except the one for eclipse (and eclipse cooldown, they're working fine ^^)
The problem is, they are not shown in my UI. Even after activating them in the options, it doesn't work.
Since I'm using a german wow account, is it possible that the german client has a problem with the used spell names or something ?

#39 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

Hi Adorielle,

I'm experiencing a Problem with all bars, except the one for eclipse (and eclipse cooldown, they're working fine ^^)
The problem is, they are not shown in my UI. Even after activating them in the options, it doesn't work.
Since I'm using a german wow account, is it possible that the german client has a problem with the used spell names or something ?

This is exactly the problem. I'm (hopefully) releasing the French localization today, which will include the fix to showing test bars, but I don't have a German localization contact yet. The correct way around the issue would be to use spellIDs, but this ends up being an issue for out DoTs as we move from 70 to 80. I'll move to spellIDs soon, once I code in a way to use multiples for a single bar.

If you'd like to help, I can give you instructions through PM on how to write the German Localization, and I'll include it as well. I'd like to have as many localizations as possible supported.

#40 Korâd

Korâd

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:30 PM

This would help a lot, if you can send me the instructions i'll try to give you the german data you need

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users