• Please log in to reply
676 replies to this topic

#41 Kaeleigh

Kaeleigh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:04 AM

First off, let me say THANK YOU! for this wonderful mod. It's really been a life saver once I found it.

One question though. One thing that I have been looking for and not found in any timer mod is one for Owlkin Frenzy. Is there somewhere in this that it comes up? Or if not - is there the potential of adding a bar in the future?

#42 Korâd

Korâd

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:38 AM

Ok, I just got 80 last evening and I think tuesday will be our first day in Naxx. So I'm eager to test the addon in my first wotlk raid =)

Adoriele, would you be so kind to send me the localisation instructions via PM ?

#43 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:16 PM

First off, let me say THANK YOU! for this wonderful mod. It's really been a life saver once I found it.

One question though. One thing that I have been looking for and not found in any timer mod is one for Owlkin Frenzy. Is there somewhere in this that it comes up? Or if not - is there the potential of adding a bar in the future?

Hmm. I could, but it's not going to change much. Owlkin is fairly easily handled by any number of buff mods, and having it up won't have an effect on what spells you choose to cast like Eclipse will. If there's enough demand for it, I could add a bar, but I'm content with just adding it to the future uptime frame.

Ok, I just got 80 last evening and I think tuesday will be our first day in Naxx. So I'm eager to test the addon in my first wotlk raid =)

Adoriele, would you be so kind to send me the localisation instructions via PM ?

PM is on its way.

[edit] Version 1.0.2 is up, includes the French Localization and the test bar fix.

#44 EmPuLSe

EmPuLSe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:01 AM

Really, really wanting to get SAA to work. . . . But I keep having a problem that doesnt seem to go away.

I wonder if it may be a library problem of some sort. . . . I've uninstalled all my mods and reinstalled them a few times now. . . Turning off omen seems to have zero effect on the problem.

Interface/AddOns/SquawkAndAwe/SquawkAndAwe.lua:1009: attempt to call global 'GetOmenInfo' (a nil value)

If I am not in a party, it seems to pop up when I kill a mob. If I am in a group it seems to happen regularly. If the error message pops up, I usually cannot interact with it. I either have to reloadui or "Disable Mods" via the little annoying window that Blizz has put in.

Any clue what could be causing this problem?

Ace 3 - Bartender 4 - Omen 3 - SAA 1.02 + other goodies that I can list if needed.

#45 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:16 AM

Really, really wanting to get SAA to work. . . . But I keep having a problem that doesnt seem to go away.

I wonder if it may be a library problem of some sort. . . . I've uninstalled all my mods and reinstalled them a few times now. . . Turning off omen seems to have zero effect on the problem.

Interface/AddOns/SquawkAndAwe/SquawkAndAwe.lua:1009: attempt to call global 'GetOmenInfo' (a nil value)

If I am not in a party, it seems to pop up when I kill a mob. If I am in a group it seems to happen regularly. If the error message pops up, I usually cannot interact with it. I either have to reloadui or "Disable Mods" via the little annoying window that Blizz has put in.

Any clue what could be causing this problem?

Ace 3 - Bartender 4 - Omen 3 - SAA 1.02 + other goodies that I can list if needed.

Ah, bugger, I thought I'd fixed that. I'll get it updated tomorrow morning.

#46 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:34 PM

Hmm. I could, but it's not going to change much. Owlkin is fairly easily handled by any number of buff mods, and having it up won't have an effect on what spells you choose to cast like Eclipse will.

A few times I would have used it to decide if I should cast Barkskin before Hurricane. It certainly isn't a big deal overall.

#47 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

Ah, bugger, I thought I'd fixed that. I'll get it updated tomorrow morning.

I've got a fix locally, but would like to have it tested before I upload (I'm at work). If anyone's able to log in and had the Omen problem, send me a PM so I can get the files to you.

#48 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Thank you very much for creating SquawkAndAwe, Adorielle. I always found tracking Eclipse procs very difficult whilst trying to focus on the encounter and your mod really helps with that.

I will provide some feedback after more testing (so far it's mainly limited to solo play).

One thing, that I personally would consider very useful is a possibility to track Force of Nature (and possibly also Starfall) cooldown. Again, due to focusing on the encounter I usually forget to have a look whether I can cast FoN again and as a result don't use it as often as I could. On the other hand, I can understand that this might be not the most popular suggestion as we'd end up with a screen littered with bars if all the cooldowns were tracked. :P

#49 klüger

klüger

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:42 AM

Thank you very much for creating SquawkAndAwe, Adorielle. I always found tracking Eclipse procs very difficult whilst trying to focus on the encounter and your mod really helps with that.

I will provide some feedback after more testing (so far it's mainly limited to solo play).

One thing, that I personally would consider very useful is a possibility to track Force of Nature (and possibly also Starfall) cooldown. Again, due to focusing on the encounter I usually forget to have a look whether I can cast FoN again and as a result don't use it as often as I could. On the other hand, I can understand that this might be not the most popular suggestion as we'd end up with a screen littered with bars if all the cooldowns were tracked. :P

You could do this with a simple: "X is up!" That can flash a couple of times or something similar.

#50 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:01 PM

Still not a lot of testing done (I need to spend some quality time with the dummies eventually but levelling is a priority now ^^) but one thing I noticed straight away:
The Eclipse duration bar does not display correctly. It's hard to explain what happens but it looks as if the bar was split in half/doubled - I'll try to take a screenshot and put it up on Imageshack.

Edit: Eclipse duration bar (cooldown bar works fine) is split into to, with a line in the middle. Instead of the colour-fill line going from end to start as the duration decreases, you get two lines moving simultanously. From the middle to the start and from the end to the middle. The line in the middle also obscures the caption a bit. It's just a graphical issue and as it doesn't appear to be a problem on the screenshot that you posted in the OP, I wonder if it's perhaps some conflict with another add-on I got or something of sort?

#51 Carnacki

Carnacki

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:58 PM

Minor graphical glitch when I use it, two screenshots should give a fair idea of the problem;

Posted Image
Posted Image

It seems to be drawing bar borders with no bar inside it (and to the best of my knowledge I hadn't cast anything or had anything proc...) This is on an english client with a whole bunch of mods. Let me know if you want more info.

#52 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 05:20 PM

Minor graphical glitch when I use it, two screenshots should give a fair idea of the problem;

Posted Image
Posted Image

It seems to be drawing bar borders with no bar inside it (and to the best of my knowledge I hadn't cast anything or had anything proc...) This is on an english client with a whole bunch of mods. Let me know if you want more info.

Are you referring to the smaller, but longer, bar that's more apparent in the second photo? If so, that's the tick bar, it exists for both MF and IS. The problem I'm seeing in your photos is that, since both bars are a sort of light grey, you really can't see the bars themselves (though you can see the border, obviously, and the spark denoting the end of the bar). It also looks really weird because it doesn't seem like the border texture is designed for such small bars.

Some fixes you might try are either removing border textures, or changing the color of the tick bar. Or you could turn the tick bars off. I'm also planning to add different ways of showing when ticks will occur which should be a lot nicer-looking in your situation.

#53 Carnacki

Carnacki

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

Ahh ok. That makes sense now. I'll try changing the colour and see whether it's more visible then. The way it looked was to me was like it was making another empty bar. Thanks for the clarification and sorry for the confusion.

#54 roadspill

roadspill

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 09:33 AM

Well I'm having the same problem as the last poster with the pic has..

If you take a look it doesn't look like any timer bar out there.. They overlap each other, and on my screen looks far worse than that..

Is there some sort of prob with the mod that needs to be addressed or your not sure. I'll get a screen shot tomorrow if I can get to a target dummy tomorrow.. Looks horrendous.

#55 Serawyn

Serawyn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:39 PM

Howdy! First off let me say that I'm enjoying this mod greatly. It's helped me make the transition to Eclipse much easier!

I will continue by saying that I am one of the unlucky druids who's guild's shadowpriests can't commit to full-time raiding, so I was asked to spec Imp FF. My hatred for it oozes like an open wound. In short, I use FF.

I've noticed that when FF is initially applied sometimes it will not show up. If I click off the target, and then back ON the target, it will show up. If I'm refreshing it, it will show up as well.

To a lesser degree this happens to Insect swarm as well; only it shows up after a tick.

Is it possible that Moonfire does not do this for me because it does an initial burst of damage, whereas IS is delayed and FF technically does no damage?

This is as informative as I can be, sadly. I use X-Perl and Dominos so I have two alternative means of seeing when to refresh dots/debuffs, so it's not as though I'm missing anything. It just strikes me as odd.

#56 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:08 AM

Howdy! First off let me say that I'm enjoying this mod greatly. It's helped me make the transition to Eclipse much easier!

I will continue by saying that I am one of the unlucky druids who's guild's shadowpriests can't commit to full-time raiding, so I was asked to spec Imp FF. My hatred for it oozes like an open wound. In short, I use FF.

I've noticed that when FF is initially applied sometimes it will not show up. If I click off the target, and then back ON the target, it will show up. If I'm refreshing it, it will show up as well.

To a lesser degree this happens to Insect swarm as well; only it shows up after a tick.

Is it possible that Moonfire does not do this for me because it does an initial burst of damage, whereas IS is delayed and FF technically does no damage?

This is as informative as I can be, sadly. I use X-Perl and Dominos so I have two alternative means of seeing when to refresh dots/debuffs, so it's not as though I'm missing anything. It just strikes me as odd.

It's related to those two reasons, though indirectly. I've actually had the problem happen on moonfire as well, though it's a lot less likely. What's happening is that there exists a small amount of time between when the SPELL_AURA_APPLIED event fires in the combat log, and when UnitDebuff() will actually list the debuff. During that window, the mod checks UnitDebuff(), decides the debuff never actually got applied, and removes the bar from your screen. The reason it shows up after the first tick is because when I noticed this problem back when I was first writing the mod, I asked it to double-check on each DoT's damage ticks since I was firing off a tick bar at that point anyway. It also re-checks all debuffs when you retarget.

The major issue is that I can't just force it to show up during that window, because your spell could have missed. I can try adding more double-checks, notably during more or all combat log events, but that runs into possible performance issues. It something I'm looking into.

#57 Hansdruid

Hansdruid

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:13 PM

Hi, I have two problems of a technical nature:

1. I just downloadd a new version from the Ace web, there is says 1.0.3 but in WoW it says 1.0.2 and checking the .toc file, it also says 1.0.2. The change date on the .toc file is Nov 5th whereas the others have Nov 18th. I deduce it has not been updated

2. I do not see any bars. I see one greyish GCD bar but that is the only one I see. If I enable Move Frames they all appear but several on top of eachotehr. Is there any Ace library I need to load as well?

Looking forward to optimize my Eclipses which right now are a bit random :(

#58 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:16 PM

Hi, I have two problems of a technical nature:

1. I just downloadd a new version from the Ace web, there is says 1.0.3 but in WoW it says 1.0.2 and checking the .toc file, it also says 1.0.2. The change date on the .toc file is Nov 5th whereas the others have Nov 18th. I deduce it has not been updated

2. I do not see any bars. I see one greyish GCD bar but that is the only one I see. If I enable Move Frames they all appear but several on top of eachotehr. Is there any Ace library I need to load as well?

Looking forward to optimize my Eclipses which right now are a bit random :(

Yeah, there's a few places where the version number gets updated, and sometimes I forget to touch them all. v1.0.4 has them all taken care of, though, so you should be able to trust it. As for your bars, I see you're from EU. If you're not enGB locale, the mod won't work until 1.0.4. the frFR locale was in there, but bugged, and no other locales were supported.

On that note, v1.0.4 is up! Fixed the bug with the French localization, and added both Russian and Taiwanese. If you notice issues with either of these locales, let me know, as I speak neither language and am basically taking it on good faith that the files I got were correct. If you have an unsupported locale and would like to change that, please send me a PM so I can help get one in the works for you. v1.1 should fix the mod so that you won't have to worry about locales for anything but options text.

#59 calderstrake

calderstrake

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:57 AM

Recently I have realized I have too many timers on my UI. I run Quartz and X-Perl as well as DotTimers.

I'm curious to find out if there are any users of this AddOn that came from a similar mix like myself and have any thoughts on configuration and what works best for relaxed game play and easy monitoring for maximum dps.

Typically I have been watching the dots displayed on X-Perl with the big icons. The other timers are just clutter.

Any thoughts? Should I switch?

The one thing that catches my eye is the Eclipse timer.

#60 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:30 PM

v1.0.5 is up: Fixed an encoding issue with the Russian locale, and added the German Locale.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users