• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 Gingershnaps

Gingershnaps

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

Does anyone know if 's +2% armor from items is affected by the bear modifier? I'm wondering if it functions like an armor enchant that simply adds the +armor to your total after modifiers or if it is affected by the modifier (which should give a much larger amount of armor).

Relentless Earthsiege Diamond (+21 Agility and 3% Increased Critical Damage) seems like it might be a good choice for tanking with our homogenized gear sets since it will function for both dps and tanking roles. If adds armor that's affected by the bear modifier though, it seems to be the clear cut choice for bears.

#22 terminalman

terminalman

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

I read through the original 150 page thread and could not find a post on exactly how Protector of the Pack works. The closest I found was a post from back when people were unsure if potp was 12% or 15%. I am looking for info about how the damage reduction is applied (multiplicative or additive?) . If anyone has a link to posts that I might have missed that include any formula's involved I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

#23 Janraea

Janraea

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:26 PM

I read through the original 150 page thread and could not find a post on exactly how Protector of the Pack works. The closest I found was a post from back when people were unsure if potp was 12% or 15%. I am looking for info about how the damage reduction is applied (multiplicative or additive?) . If anyone has a link to posts that I might have missed that include any formula's involved I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

Exactly like defensive stance, but 12%. (Multiplicative with armor-based damage reduction. I don't remember how it interacts with Grace/BoSanc, if that's what you're asking).

#24 terminalman

terminalman

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:37 PM

Just to make sure that I understand correctly

example

63% reduction and 12% POTP would be .63 * 1.12 = 70.56% reduction?

Also, can you exceed the 75% reduction cap by say having 75% from AC and POTP?

#25 Janraea

Janraea

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 08:53 PM

Just to make sure that I understand correctly

example

63% reduction and 12% POTP would be .63 * 1.12 = 70.56% reduction?

Also, can you exceed the 75% reduction cap by say having 75% from AC and POTP?

a) 63% reduction and 12% potp: 1000 damage * .37 * .88 = 325.6 damage, which is 67.44% damage reduction.
The best way to look at it is that it's reduced by 63% and then reduced *again* by 12%.

B) Yes. Though hitting the armor cap is starting to look unlikely (after the expected druid armor change).

#26 Sarasper

Sarasper

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:29 AM

DR = 100*(1 - (1 - armor/(armor+11960)) * (1 - 0.12))

Is the formulae for lvl 70 vs lvl 73 that includes protector of the pack. The 11960 constant will change for the lvl 80 vs 83 content.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users