1417 replies to this topic

#41 Inara

Inara

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:29 PM

Lootrank values for evaluating resto gear

I am used to using the "red" and "purple" lootrank values from the old "Raiding as a Tree" thread. Are those values still applicable with the new talents?

Red:
Loot Rank for WOLTK

Purple:
Loot Rank for WOLTK

If not... what values should I change to get a more accurate picture of the gear I should be aiming for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#42 Balroth

Balroth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:55 PM

Moved to feral questions thread. Sorry for the mis-post.

#43 tucciim

tucciim

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:57 PM

It seems all resto caster gear now either has crit or haste on it. what is the better way to stack for tree's?

#44 Unknownchamp

Unknownchamp

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:35 PM

It seems all resto caster gear now either has crit or haste on it. what is the better way to stack for tree's?

You'll still want to concentrate on gear that includes spirit otherwise haste - imo.

#45 Carnacki

Carnacki

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 11:53 PM

My thanks for the replies. The stat "quality" based on level argument is one thats been going on since TBC came out and it's just been refreshed by the new xpac.

#46 Vrakk

Vrakk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 08:07 AM

Posts on wowhead claim is currently bugged and not increasing lifebloom ticks. Can anyone confirm or deny before I spend the badges?

#47 RoboStac

RoboStac

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 09:34 AM

2: Nope, too clunky a solution. The search for a way to simply a quickly set up a UI to track essential Bear and Cat cooldowns, target debuffs and Savage Roar continues. Anyone? Anyone can tell me what 'Von Kaiser' signifies?

NeedToKnow - Addons - Curse (Bars that track debuff/buff/cooldowns) and TellMeWhen - Addons - Curse (buttons that show when an ability is ready) are really configurable mods that can display pretty much any buff / debuff / cooldown.

#48 uliko

uliko

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:07 AM

Yes, Lush Moss is still bugged. I reported the issue and Blizz responded with "working as intended" so just go with the rejuv idol from Naxx for now.

As for crit vs haste for trees. The "soft cap" for haste is 15.38% (this is where your GotEM spells reach 1s gcd) if WoA is just straight +5% haste then after 10.38% haste its value is greatly diminshed. Personally I'm taking the haste option where possible until 10.38%. After that I'll evaluate if I need more regen (mp5, everything has spirit obv.) or crit.

#49 Farahota

Farahota

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:01 AM

Is it possible to get the new numbers for the loot rank site? or are the numbers pre wrath the same?

#50 Humbaba

Humbaba

Mr. Sandman

• Allied Members
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:50 PM

Lootrank values for evaluating resto gear

I am used to using the "red" and "purple" lootrank values from the old "Raiding as a Tree" thread. Are those values still applicable with the new talents?

Red:
Loot Rank for WOLTK

Purple:
Loot Rank for WOLTK

If not... what values should I change to get a more accurate picture of the gear I should be aiming for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The old values are inaccurate. They do not account for the changes to regen. The replenishment change alone will change the values. I don't have updated numbers, but it's something I'll work on this weekend if no one else does it first.

Posts on wowhead claim is currently bugged and not increasing lifebloom ticks. Can anyone confirm or deny before I spend the badges?

This is confirmed.

edit: Update. Apparently it is now working.

#51 elmars

elmars

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:40 AM

Balance druid improved faerie fire.

Your Faerie Fire spell also increases the chance the target will be hit by spell attacks by 3%, and increases the critical strike chance of your damage spells by 3% on targets afflicted by Faerie Fire.

For example a feral druid apply it and there is Misery on target already, do i still get 3% extra crit. on that target or i still have to put it on boss my self.

#52 Munorion

Munorion

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:09 AM

That is still unknown. There were some tests, but they had too low statistics to allow any conclusion. Right now, I'd err on the side of caution and assume that you have to put it up yourself.

#53 Rhaegar

Rhaegar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 02:19 PM

I thought this case was solved with the new buff system, meaning that you'll only get +crit by one buff? So it doesn't matter if you cast it or not, it won't give any other bonus?

Under normal conditions (ie Misery not up) your Imp Faerie Fire would overwrite the feral one. You won't get any effect out of imp FF without having applied it yourself.

#54 dukes

dukes

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:03 PM

The wording on the talent is very ambiguous:

Improved Faerie Fire Rank 1
Your Faerie Fire spell also increases the chance the target will be hit by spell attacks by 1%, and increases the critical strike chance of your damage spells by 1% on targets afflicted by Faerie Fire.

As Feral Faerie Fire has a different name than Faerie Fire, does this mean that you gain 3% crit on mobs affected by it? The other part of ambiguity is whether someone elses Faerie Fire counts for the 3% crit bonus.

The issue is, do you need to waste a GCD on Faerie Fire when there is a feral in the raid plus a SPriest for Misery, or not. It's a pain to test it, as you can't do it solo and due to statistical variation on small samples, also takes quite a while to do.

#55 Roywyn

Roywyn

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:15 PM

The wording on the talent is very ambiguous:

As Feral Faerie Fire has a different name than Faerie Fire, does this mean that you gain 3% crit on mobs affected by it? The other part of ambiguity is whether someone elses Faerie Fire counts for the 3% crit bonus.

The issue is, do you need to waste a GCD on Faerie Fire when there is a feral in the raid plus a SPriest for Misery, or not. It's a pain to test it, as you can't do it solo and due to statistical variation on small samples, also takes quite a while to do.

There has been a test on beta with a naked druid (around 3% spell crit) testing it on a same-level dummy and a feral applying the FF(F).
They had something around 100-200 casts, with FF(F) and without any FF each and the result pointed towards it giving the 3% crit, ballpark 80-90% certainty according to statistics.

One could do a final conclusive test with lots of resilience and 3 players in an outdoor arena.
Enough resilience to overcome the crit chance from gear. Or rather, adjust your crit gear to match your opponent's resilience.
If they get a crit with FF(F), it works. If they don't get a crit after enough casts (I'd shoot for ~200) it likely doesn't.
Chaotic Meta Gems in Cataclysm: http://elitistjerks....p2/#post1794256

DPS spec and class comparison in Naxxramas gear: http://code.google.c...ki/SampleOutput
The Blue Bar and you - the complete Fire Mage 2.4 mana compendium: http://elitistjerks....0-post3191.html

And doesn't proc on AM.
Neither does since 3.1.

#56 Inara

Inara

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

The old values are inaccurate. They do not account for the changes to regen. The replenishment change alone will change the values. I don't have updated numbers, but it's something I'll work on this weekend if no one else does it first.

Oh yes please pretty please!!! Thank you :D

Lootrank has a "resto druid" template...
Loot Rank for WOLTK - Resto Druid

But there is no value for haste so I don't believe it's accurate either.

#57 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

The mmo description for Hurricane at 80 is still showing the increased debuf:

increases the time between melee, ranged attacks and spells by 50%

Is that correct?
Are most bosses immune?
If Hurricane is Glyphed, does it enable the Mage's Torment the Weak?
Should a Moonkin (maybe even a Tree or a cat in a 25-man) cast Hurricane on a boss at every Omen of Clarity proc?

Edit: spelling

#58 Unseen

Unseen

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

Yes, Lush Moss is still bugged. I reported the issue and Blizz responded with "working as intended" so just go with the rejuv idol from Naxx for now.

Is there something i'm missing with idol of the raven goddess? To me it seems like the only idol worth using assuming your the only druid of your spec in the raid (and if tree auras still stack, for every tree).

#59 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10,089 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

Is there something i'm missing with idol of the raven goddess? To me it seems like the only idol worth using assuming your the only druid of your spec in the raid (and if tree auras still stack, for every tree).

For Moonkin, it's very competitive (almost always the better choice) with all of the 80 idols assuming you're in a 25-man, possibly also in a 10-man.

#60 Diameter

Diameter

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

But there is no value for haste so I don't believe it's accurate either.

I was surprised when I was modeling resto gear in rawr that all the best gear had crit rating on it instead of haste. I was modeling with a 25 man raid in mind covering all the buffs.

So, assume the following are true:
1. You have WoA totem and 3% haste from Imp. Moonkin/Ret Aura.
2. Your talent spec includes 5/5 Gift of the Earthmother, 3/3 Nature's Grace, and 3/3 Living Seed.
3. You have enough regen to last whatever fight you are doing (from gear, buffs, a potion, and an innervate)

I'm not sure if #3 will be true for all fights, because I've been feral for a while now, but normally you can switch a few trinkets if needed for extra regen.

With the haste buffs and Gift of the Earthmother, it doesn't take much haste rating at all to hit the 1 second GCD cap for lifebloom, rejuv, or wild growth.

Stacking crit over haste gives you much more healing done. A critical heal will give you 150% of your normal healing done, and an additional 30% (of the 150%) after the next time they take damage. This means a critical heal now does 195% of the normal healing done (assuming that target is attacked within 15 seconds). It also gives you 0.5 seconds of cast time off your next non-instant spell within 15 seconds (Nature's Grace Proc).

That's why I believe haste won't be worth much value to trees at all. Crit definitely seems to be worth much more now, as we have 5 spells which benefit from it (Healing Touch, Nourish, Swiftmend, Regrowth, and Lifebloom's bloom).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users