• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1974 replies to this topic

#1961 Mythdia

Mythdia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:21 AM

We've noticed that Might will stay up (even with TSA) only until mana tots are put down. Then bye bye might buff, with both of its elements otherwise covered.

At least, that's what we think is happening... input welcome.

#1962 Anmarie

Anmarie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

Blizz buffed Cunning's Wolverine Bite talent in one of the past beta builds... Does anyone have approx. damage numbers for this ability?

#1963 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

Blizz buffed Cunning's Wolverine Bite talent in one of the past beta builds... Does anyone have approx. damage numbers for this ability?

The damage calculations for it on femaledwarf.com should be fairly close to accurate for live (I just checked them against some of my logs last night). I'll doublecheck to see if the numbers have changed on beta since I last tested them.

#1964 Namarus

Namarus

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:06 AM

It seems that relentless has been retroactively been changed to require more blue than red.

#1965 MizarAlcor

MizarAlcor

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:10 AM

It seems that relentless has been retroactively been changed to require more blue than red.

Thankfully, quoted from DPS Meta Gem Change...Change it Back - Forums - World of Warcraft :
"The current design has been reconsidered, so we're planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can't be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we'll have to wait to revert these in a future patch."

Never understood what the strong reasoning for the DPS meta requirement change before, honestly.

#1966 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

Thankfully, quoted from DPS Meta Gem Change...Change it Back - Forums - World of Warcraft :
"The current design has been reconsidered, so we're planning to revert gems that now require more blue than red gems back to their original requirements. Such a change can't be accomplished via a hotfix though, so we'll have to wait to revert these in a future patch."

Well, since the meta gem requirements will be reverted back at some point, the question is whether it is worth regemming now to get that 21 agi and 3% crit damage bonus for the undisclosed amount of time until the patch comes to revert the change.

Obviously the answer may not be the same for everyone, but I believe that for most hunters, the answer is that it is NOT worth regemming to get the meta bonus until the fix to revert the requirements.

Using my hunter as an example and using both hand calculations and Female Dwarf to show the differences, I illustrate why.

My hunter currently has the following gem color credits:
4 blue
21 red
2 yellow

First, I regemmed so that I ended up with:
12 blue
11 red
4 yellow

To accomplish this, I did the following regemming:
- Changed 2 Delicates in 2 yellow sockets to Smooths for -40 agi and +40 crit
- Changed 2 Deadlies in 2 yellow sockets to Smooths for -20 agi and +20 crit
- Changed 2 Delicates in 2 blue sockets to Rigids for -40 agi and +40 hit
- Changed 4 Glintings in 4 blue sockets to Rigids for -40 agi and +40 hit
- Changed 6 Delicates in 6 red sockets to Glintings for -60 agi and +60 hit

This is a net trade off of +60 crit, +140 hit (to put me 141 hit over cap), and +3% bonus crit damage for -179 agi. That is a lot of agility to lose and resulted in a -234 DPS.

Alternatively, I made the same changes except with using Quicks (+20 haste) instead of Smooths for the yellow sockets, but that was -286 DPS, so 52 DPS worse.

Then I looked at ways to reduce that extra 141 hit to try to make up the DPS gap. I only had 4 items with hit rating on them, and one already had the hit reforged. I reforged the other 3 pieces, with each individual reforge being a DPS improvement, despite losing some net mastery. The reforge trade off was +82 crit versus -66 hit and -16 mastery. This still left me at -143 DPS and 75 hit over the cap. (Note that for the haste gemming case, the difference closed a little as it was only -168 DPS.)

The final option was to replace hit gear with non-hit gear. The hit pieces I had were:
- T10 gloves - can't replace them since need for the 4-set bonus
- Neck - I do not have a better neck to replace it with
- Ashen Verdict rep ring - not replacing that either
- Belt - this was my only option for replacing where I had a worthwhile gear option

The regear still was -86 DPS and 26 hit over the cap. (Note that I lost 14 DPS when regearing with the haste setup.)

Thus, it definitely does not behoove me to spend the cost to regem 16 gems now to temporarily get the meta bonus until the requirements get reverted and I need to regem 16 gems again back to what I currently have.

Others should not take my results as being truth for them since the answer does vary with gear and spec. Still do a similar analysis for yourself and see the differences.

What seems like a smarter and cheaper change than regemming your non-meta gems to met the Relentless meta requirements is to regem your meta gem to meet your current gemming. Of the worthwhile options for hunters, here are the results I got in FD:

Thundering: +92 (chance to increase attack speed)
Destructive: +44 (25 crit and 1% spell reflect for survivability)
Swift: +37 (21 crit and minor run speed) (overall this was +72 DPS for me since could replace the run speed enchant on my boots to gain 10 agi)
Engimatic: +37 (21 crit and reduce snare/root by 10%)
Invigorating: +21 (21 haste and sometimes heals on crits for survivability)

#1967 Zeel

Zeel

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:47 AM

What seems like a smarter and cheaper change than regemming your non-meta gems to met the Relentless meta requirements is to regem your meta gem to meet your current gemming. Of the worthwhile options for hunters, here are the results I got in FD:

Thundering: +92 (chance to increase attack speed)
Destructive: +44 (25 crit and 1% spell reflect for survivability)
Swift: +37 (21 crit and minor run speed) (overall this was +72 DPS for me since could replace the run speed enchant on my boots to gain 10 agi)
Engimatic: +37 (21 crit and reduce snare/root by 10%)
Invigorating: +21 (21 haste and sometimes heals on crits for survivability)

A small but nice change was made on how metagems show in AH. You can now see straight away if your currently equipped gear meets the requirements of meta bonus.

#1968 wilegenuis

wilegenuis

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

Here is my understanding:
1) They do not stack
2) Since TSA is now a permanent aura, it is up before BoM has been cast on you.
3) When BoM is cast on you, it shows up on your buff list since it provides more benefits than just the 10% AP. Your TSA still exists for you since its your aura.
4) Whether the buff list should still show your TSA or not may or may not be a bug, but either way it does not have any impacts to game play.

GC seems to read this thread and quickly fixed it as part of 4.0.3a, you no longer see buff that stack on your buff window. Currently the TSA is not appearing anymore if you have another raid buff that provides the same effect.

#1969 Anmarie

Anmarie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:27 AM

Well... I guess I was wrong about Wolverine Bite's change. I've mistakenly taken it as a buff, but practically at 80 it was cut by half.

Sad.

#1970 Smrkey

Smrkey

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

Is there any consensus yet as to which professions will provide the best effect at 85? Leatherworking seems to provide a lot better results this time around due to LW-only agility bracer enchant.
I've leveled engineering lately, however Cataclysm raid bonuses don't seem so obviously good for us anymore. Casters get a great +int engineering tinker, while an agility one doesn't exist. Coupled with the fact that Nitro Boosts are now eligible to failure in a raid enviroment, it makes it even more unlikeable.

I was wondering about JC / Alchemy, what do you guys think?

#1971 Schniepel

Schniepel

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

Somebody else noticed that dog and fox pets are missing charge in their talent tree, which is standard for other ferocity pets? I assume this is a bug?

#1972 Ebonleaf

Ebonleaf

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

delete

#1973 Aps

Aps

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

Just a quick question: Do point of no escape actually work on raidbosses? I have tried searching for a definite answer, but find myself getting conflicting answers.

#1974 Ragemane

Ragemane

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

I am new to hunter in PvP, and specifically I am wondering what the hunter role is in battlegrounds and what the preferrable spec is currently with 4.0.3. I ask because it seems like I run out of focus before being able to do a significant amount of damage and am currently looking at my role as a support role (traps, scatter shot, venom shot, concussion shot, etc.) saving my focus for those. I have been BM and have started experimenting with Survival because of those support role bonuses.

#1975 heliconius

heliconius

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:53 PM

Does anyone have an "up to date & legitimate" knowledge and kindness to explain,
how and in what ways does weapon speed affect a survival hunter's performance beyond patch 4.0.x?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users