• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2067 replies to this topic

#2061 Whitebushido

Whitebushido

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

I looked through a few threads and didn't notice anything about racials. With the updated race/class combos and racials(I think only Orc got rebalanced for Cataclysm), what is the best race for a Warlock on either side?
Posted Image

#2062 Enuowm

Enuowm

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

I looked through a few threads and didn't notice anything about racials. With the updated race/class combos and racials(I think only Orc got rebalanced for Cataclysm), what is the best race for a Warlock on either side?

As far as horde races go I think goblin looks really promising, to me atleast.

I'm finding a ton of use from the rocket jump ability, Even when I'm not using those the goblin's 1% haste seems it could rival the troll's 3 minute cooldown.

Not to mention Rocket blast which I've seen crit for upwards of 20k.

As far as alliance goes, Worgen looks nice to me but I haven't looked much into alliance if anyone else wants to shed some light on this.

#2063 Grompher

Grompher

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:46 PM

Well I'm about to rerolling from my blood elf warlock to goblin / orc too, but I wonder if someone did some calculating about their racials ?
I mean 585 sp for 15 sec / 2 min cd ( correct if I'm wrong ), 5 % increased dmg for pets ( which is pretty awesome for warlocks ) and nice pvp racial against Goblin 1 % haste, this rocket that shares cd with jump.
I think staying or rerolling for orc as warlock is still best option.

#2064 Ultimoron

Ultimoron

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:51 PM

I suspect that, Alliance-side at least, Gnome is still one of the best to go for. The Expansive Mind buff gives you a larger mana pool, reducing downtime. The next closest seems to be Worgen, but mainly for the Crit buff. The Humans seem to be the weakest, but also the least grindy of the races Alliance-side.

#2065 Cempa

Cempa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:02 AM

After GCD-bound spells, you can queue up your next spell during the GCD now. Am I right in assuming the following:

Previous to this change I would mash the next spell button until I see a cast bar, then mash the following spell and so on. After this change I need only press the next spell once during the GCD and wait for the cast bar to start then proceed with pressing the next spell once only.

#2066 Kennai

Kennai

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:07 AM

name, rank, icon, count, debuffType, duration, expirationTime, unitCaster, isStealable, shouldConsolidate, spellId
= UnitDebuff("unit", index or ["name", "rank"][, "filter"])

Hey, I'm returning to a lock and was wondering if someone would mind answering a small question. I'm not a complete novice to Lua, but I'm still kinda new. The function I put above is a standard function that I believe is in WoW to index the various debuffs on a given target.

I'm thinking of getting a standard DoT macro to cycle through and dot with what needs to be there. I believe it would be, I'm having a hard time finding the spell id's for the various warlock debuffs as most of the names have changed from what is listed on the wikia.

local dotAfflictionTable={
["corruption"]="spell id",
-- ext
}
for affliction, spellID in pairs(dotAfflictionTable) do
if not UnitDebuff(@target, spellID) then
/cast [affliction]
break
end
end

#2067 Estha

Estha

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to calculate the new tresholds for additional dot ticks, but I'm completely unsure how haste factors interact with each other. My current suggestion works like the following:

If 1406 haste rating is needed for 50% haste raidbuffed (with 5% Haste out of raidbuffs), which is: 42,86% x 1,05 + 5
(pre 4.0.3a)

Now with ISF as a steady buff, I don't exactly know in which part of the calculation it takes place.

And last, how does Dark Intent correlate with this?

#2068 whi

whi

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 04:56 AM

If nothing changed during last weeks of beta then all of them are multiplicative, which means that with ISF, DI and 5% haste buffs up You'll have 24.3725% haste. If I'm not too tired that would mean, that haste tresholds for additional dot ticks with a base of tick every 3 seconds and assuming 128.06 haste rating/1% are:
[TABLE]additional ticks|15sec dot|18sec dot
+2|580|65
+3|2639|1781
+4|4699|3497
+5|6759|5213[/TABLE]
In some cases a bit less rating due to rounding, as it happened with the well know 1406 haste for immolate at level 80 - 1405 is actually enough for that additional tick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users