Rocco

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 06:15 AM

Hello!

is there any good complation like for tank there is

WOTLK Tanking Gear List - TankSpot

but instead for DPS warriors? Checked around a lto but can't find any. Would be awesome, thanks.
Posted Image

#22 skydown13

skydown13

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 10:52 AM

I am playing in Wowchina, which is still patch 2.4. Therefore is there anywhere i can download the fury warrior dps spreadsheet 2.4? Or can anyone please send it to me through email: [email protected]? I would be grateful, thank you!

#23 Vismor

Vismor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:07 PM

Prinsesa: Thanks, I didn't know that .

I know that the first priority in a dps fury warrior should be the 9% of Hit and the 6,25 of Expertise but.. At which level should I start finding equipment with Hit and Expertise? Now, I'm just level 35.

By the way...
Is there any thread where I could see the base stats of each race and class?

Thanks, everybody.

Edited:

Grammar faults like '¿' at the start of questions.
Erased emoticons.

Sorry for that, I'm not native speaker.

#24 Enova

Enova

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:57 PM

I know that the first priority in a dps fury warrior should be the 9% of Hit and the 6,25 of Expertise but.. ¿at which level should I start finding equipment with Hit and Expertise? Now, I'm just level 35.

Hit and expertise shouldn't really concern you until level 76 or so, but + hit items will start popping up from level 40ish onwards, and expertise... well, aside from raiding items from either old level 60 and 70 raids, there isn't enough expertise to go anywhere near the cap while leveling. Also, keep in mind that, probably at level 60 or so, you'll be getting Titan's Grip. That kinda makes you need 14% for the cap.

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire. If this is too difficult BWL was still there last I checked, so go have at it for some practice.

You people are idiots

Guilty as charged ^

#25 Scruffykinds

Scruffykinds

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 09:33 PM

I've noticed a steep increase in red sockets in Naxx/Pre-Naxx Tanking gear. I assume aiming for socket bonuses will be my best bet, so which gems will fare best in red sockets?

I'm leaning towards +10 Dodge +15 Stamina gems, are there any others I should know about?
"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

~Marcus Aurelius

#26 crimsonsentinel

crimsonsentinel

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:10 PM

Expertise is a red gem, and parry rating got buffed, but is still inferior to dodge in pure % avoidance terms.

#27 Ugato

Ugato

Fun Sponge

•  Patrons
  • 2268 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:15 PM

Dodge, Parry, Expertise and Strength are the only things you should look for if you want a red-based stat. Dodge and Parry are basically equivalent, though I have no idea if the diminishing returns negatively affects stacking a single avoidance stat (since the stat becomes increasingly valuable as you stack it up - without seeing any math on it, I'm guessing that the two simply work to offset one another). So, if you're looking for avoidance purple, dodge is probably your best/only bet.

e: beaten on parry stuffs.

#28 Pewpewfurie

Pewpewfurie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:17 AM

One questions I am not sure of yet is are the enchants like mongoose/executioner diminished like crusader was in BC? How are other new enchants compared to these two? Accuracy seems nice.

#29 Nithius

Nithius

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:21 AM

Just to make sure I got it right..361 hit is what Im shooting for as a fury warr before I start balancing out my ap/crit ect?

#30 Prinsesa

Prinsesa

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:31 AM

Yes, 361 hit is the cap to aim for 0 misses on your yellow abilities, if you have both Titan's Grip and Precision.
"We do want Sanctuary to be the tanking seal"

- Ghostcrawler

#31 demog

demog

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:33 AM

Question about Blood Frenzy:

I know there is a "would have been a crit if you had zero resilience" entry in the combat table, in order to allow Blood Frenzy (and similar effects) to proc regardless of resilience. My question is; do someone know if extra defense skill adds to that entry too? In other words, do Blood Frenzy still proc when you're crit immune through defense?

It's rather easy to test obviously, but I haven't been able to find any information about it.

#32 eA-Zaku

eA-Zaku

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:24 PM

I believe I recall reading from this site that PvE arms (53/8 at level 70) should have a rotation that prioritized Slam over MS, the reasoning being Slam had better damage per rage.

However, I have recently heard that in most raid scenarios, rage will be sufficient enough to support MS, and so MS should be prioritized over Slam due to better damage per GCD.

Which is correct? Should I be aiming to Slam first or Mortal Strike first? Would someone mind posting move priorities for me (I read the "ideal time to Execute" thread already)? Thanks.

#33 Kilj

Kilj

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:25 PM

Demog:

I do not believe so, due to the fact that resilience changes the hit table for the owner by changing crits to hits... example: Priest in high resil gear has a 40% chance to be crit by rampaging_warrior_001, but with resil factored in his chance to be crit is down to 20%. Thus, the 20% of the hits that land in that "woulda been a crit if not for the owner's resil" zone will activate the blood surge and blood frenzy type abilities... but the hits are still landing, just now they are regular non-crits.

With defense, you are pushing the crit off the hit table entirely (via parry, dodge, and chance to miss) instead of just covering it up with resil, and I've never seen a blood surge or a blood frenzy type ability proc off of a dodge, parry, or miss. Though, with enough crit against a tank with an extremely high defense rating, every hit that DOES land will end up being a crit (unless the tank has significant resilience values too).

Hope this helped!

#34 demog

demog

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

With defense, you are pushing the crit off the hit table entirely (via parry, dodge, and chance to miss) instead of just covering it up with resil

Not really.

It's true you can push crits off the table with enough miss/dodge/parry/block, although I doubt it's feasible now they've introduced diminishing returns on avoidance.

Each point of defense reduces the crit entry of the table by 0.04%, which in a PVE setting means that you're crit immune long before anything is pushed off the table.

#35 Tankietka

Tankietka

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

Which is correct? Should I be aiming to Slam first or Mortal Strike first?

If you have enough rage to keep all/almost all gcds filled between white hits, then MS should have priority over Slam. This is the case in most (if not all) raids. In other situations (for example low-end gear, most 5 or even some 10 mans) Slam should be better (for example 2xSlam instead of 1xMS if you have only 30 rage after white hit and enough time before next white hit for two slams).

Generally whether I use MS or Slam depends on how much rage I have after white hit, so it can happen that in the same fight sometimes I will prioritize MS, and sometimes (for example after getting glancing hit and less rage) Slam.

#36 Moogul

Moogul

___facing so hard right now

• Members
  • 4173 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

How does deep wounds work currently? I know it went through a few revisions on the beta servers, and I'm not sure exactly how it works now.

In particular:

How high does it stack?
How does it interact with Dual-wielding? (ie. how do mainhand and offhand deep wounds stack, and how does that effect their stacking?)
How do yellow attacks (eg. Whirlwind, Bloodthirst) affect deep wounds - do they just count as a MH crit?
Ijago <Casual Jerks>

#37 Kethas

Kethas

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:11 PM

Do we yet know how many points in Imp Demo to take to completely negate the AP of a non-CoR'd 83+ boss? And a CoR'd one? i.e. is it different than at 70?

#38 plzbugmenot

plzbugmenot

Banned

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

I Have a question I Heard not to gem for Hit, but I only have about 48 Hit Rating and 37% Crit + 2300AP should I gem for Hit I mainly have Crit Gems in it

#39 Pewpewfurie

Pewpewfurie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:08 PM

I believe hitting hit softcap takes priority; so if you currently can't reach the softcap with gear alone, by all means gem for hit and regem once you get better gear.

#40 ginntonic

ginntonic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:31 AM

So if i understand right the rotations stays BT>WW HS when above rage 55 BT>BT
Not using slam as i experienced my HS is doing more damage then slam so for me abit hard too use slam and put some extra talent points in it. Event ho tier 7 has 10% extra damage on slam with 2 pieces.any1?

also a max dps fury specc. I want too have this
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

i got another question, as i got my 361 hit already, my crit has to be around 30 too be ok?cause i have the feeling that i lack soem serious amount of crit, i'm at 25 i believe atm without rampage active so yeah u understand.

Thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users