• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#1 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:50 PM

Note the OP is out of date, I would recommend reading the whole thread to get up to date information.

The new version of Rawr for WotLK and level 80 is out. For those who don't know, Rawr is a theorycrafting program where you load in your gear/buffs and it ranks it compared to other items. You can learn more and download the latest at Codeplex.

Posted Image
Example of a level 80 Paladin comparing Glyphs in Rawr.

The Healadin module is mostly updated and accurate for level 80, and will display all the stats about your spells. Let me explain how it works. First it calculates how much time/mana is used on BoL, SS, JotP, and HS based on the parameters you give it. Then with the remaining mana & fight time it calculates the maximum amount of Holy Lights you can do while still having enough mana to always be casting at least Flash of Light. So any extra mana you gain means you can cast more Holy Lights over Flash of Light. It ranks each gear setup based on the total amount healed.

New Features
  • Support for JotP, it will display how much effective haste (after using GCDs to keep it up) it gives you.
  • Support for BoL, you enter in uptime and effectiveness of the buff (what percent of your heals will proc BoL).
  • Support for SS, for now just assumes you are keeping 100% uptime on one target. The next version will have more options for number of targets and uptime.
  • Support for HS, you set the effective cooldown of HS by a percent. So if you enter a 20% it means it will cast it ever 30 seconds (6 / 0.2).
  • Support for almost all Glyphs.
  • Mana Pool & Mana Usage breakdown graphs. Graphs that will show your mana pool broken up by source, and how much is used on each spell.
  • Level 80 support. Updated all consumables, buffs, debuffs and enchants for their level 80 versions.
  • Ability to load all known WotLK items from Wowhead.

Known Issues
None at this time.

To Do List
  • Option to model keeping 100% Judgement debuff uptime.

If you have any questions about how it works, you think it is not producing correct results or anything else, then post a reply here and look into it. Remember to ALWAYS post your character XML file when posting about it.

#2 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 11:41 PM

2.1 was released a few days ago Rawr - Release: Rawr 2.1.

Thanks for updating it, it works fairly well.

#3 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:57 PM

Rawr 2.1.1 came out yesteday. The only change for Healadin is that in options you will be able to set how much of a buff you get to each stat from your profession, until a more permanent solution is made. Besides that didn't really get a chance to implement much else, been busy playing at level 80.

#4 Kyoghin

Kyoghin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:21 AM

With the extra 8% more crit paladins can pick up in the ret tree, our crit chances with spells has really gone up so specific numbers on average healing crits would be nice, can't wait for the update! Take your time though since we know how busy we are playing wotlk. :P Thanks for 2.1 nonetheless!

#5 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:25 AM

Ya, I can put a tooltip over the average heal to show average crit heal value.

#6 Vethon

Vethon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:52 AM

Is it me or are enchants on shields not changing the stats?

What ever I change the enchant to it does not change the stats.

Other enchants do.

#7 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:35 PM

Is it me or are enchants on shields not changing the stats?

What ever I change the enchant to it does not change the stats.

Other enchants do.

This was a bug previously, but I thought it got fixed. I will double check and make sure it works for next release.

#8 Guest_allythepally_*

Guest_allythepally_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:30 PM

Is it just me, or is there no chart for holy itemization breakdown like there is for ret or some of the other classes? If it's not just me, would it be tough to add? I've been calculating pawn values by interpolating gem ratings, but that's a pain.

Thanks for the awesome work so far!

#9 Larre

Larre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:47 AM

Hey i got a question about this Rawr program

When i load my character from the armory, retri paladin.
Its way off in the stats shown in the program, the crit is off by 4%.
It doesnt show the correct attackspeed, nor the correct AP.
And this is with all buffs off.
I dont even get high enough crit (29.02%) with all the raid buffs checked.

And also with all the buffs i usally have when i raid, i should have like 3600 dps according to rawr wich is completly wrong.
The maxdps.com calculator shows about 2400ish dps wich is correct raidbuffed.

Am i doing something wrong with Rawr, or is it just completly off?

#10 Mox

Mox

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:03 PM

Hi, is there any way to manually change the stat values in rawr. For the holy pally it's throwing up alot of items which have alot of MP5 (Valueing MP5 highly?) which is not an highly sort after stat atm.

#11 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

Mp5 isn't bad, it's just not as good as other stats. So if an item has a lot of other good stats (like Int), it will rate it well. Rawr doesn't just assign weights to each stat, it actually computes how much healng you do with each gear setup.

I am trying to think of a way to better model usage of mana at higer hear levels. Since there are non-trivial fights that you won't just spam Holy Light, even if you were able.

#12 Mox

Mox

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:05 AM

I am trying to think of a way to better model usage of mana at higer hear levels. Since there are non-trivial fights that you won't just spam Holy Light, even if you were able.

Also would help if the proc on was added, I think the reason I have so many MP5 items rated highly is because the sim must think I go oom during the fight, which never happens in game.

An example is rawr currently gives higher fight HPS than but you would always chose the latter.

#13 Equalizer

Equalizer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:56 PM

So I've been looking at this, and it seems to really have a weird weighting system. My Deathchill Cloak is rated lower than Sha'tari Anchorite's Cloak which just can't be right. I'm already at the point where running out of mana is very rarely an issue. I can't see how that's right.

#14 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:11 PM

It is not rating it higher for me, it rates Shatari at 127 and Deathchill at 146. Either way I would recommend getting a crafted, losing all that stam and int is not worth the haste/crit.

Also, please be advised that recently armory has changed the wording on some Mp5 items to "Increases Mana Regen by X", which Rawr doesn't support yet. So if you are seeing any odd results, refresh the item data from Wowhead.

The next version of Rawr will also model burst healing (currently just HL hps), and you will be able to set a scale for it relative to the current fight hps.

#15 Equalizer

Equalizer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:17 PM

Ok, well I'm reloading information. It also showed War Mace of Unrequited Love above Life and Death for me, so maybe it's on my side.

As for the extra stam and int, mana pool and health pool have become a total non-issue for me as of right now in 25 mans.

And either way I'll replace both crafted cloaks with a drop eventually, so it's just a stop gap anyway.

#16 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:25 PM

Could you post your character file? Because, it is also rating higher for me, by a good bit.

With upcoming burst healing it should model the benefits of haste/sp better, once you have reached enough mana to sustain HL for the important parts of the fight. For example on Malygos, you care a lot more about topping everyone off after vortexes then your average hps over whole fight.

#17 galzohar

galzohar

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

1. The calculations are for mana efficiency only, and ignoring burst completely. Since we can use all our mana in a case where we actually have stuff to heal with it, haste doesn't play part in this calculation at all.

2. You probably entered some wierd parameters, because even for pure efficiency deathchill looks a bit better with my numbers. I wouldn't spend the gold on it since it's inferior to quite a lot of other cloaks that are much easier to obtain. If you want a crafted one for similar cost, is much much better.

At the end, keep in mind that SP/haste matter more than their efficiency value. How much more depends on how much you need to "do more healing during the whole fight" vs how much you need to "do more healing right now", and how much stats actually help you do that.

#18 Equalizer

Equalizer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

Could you post your character file? Because, it is also rating higher for me, by a good bit.

With upcoming burst healing it should model the benefits of haste/sp better, once you have reached enough mana to sustain HL for the important parts of the fight. For example on Malygos, you care a lot more about topping everyone off after vortexes then your average hps over whole fight.

Uhhh how do I post my character file? My Rawr is kinda being locked up cause I ran the WotLK update thing with no progress bar.

If you just load from Armory Ukitake => Crushridge => US Server you should pick me up in my latest gear.

#19 Equalizer

Equalizer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

1. The calculations are for mana efficiency only, and ignoring burst completely. Since we can use all our mana in a case where we actually have stuff to heal with it, haste doesn't play part in this calculation at all.

2. You probably entered some wierd parameters, because even for pure efficiency deathchill looks a bit better with my numbers. I wouldn't spend the gold on it since it's inferior to quite a lot of other cloaks that are much easier to obtain. If you want a crafted one for similar cost, is much much better.

At the end, keep in mind that SP/haste matter more than their efficiency value. How much more depends on how much you need to "do more healing during the whole fight" vs how much you need to "do more healing right now", and how much stats actually help you do that.

Only parameters I changed was adding raid buffs and filtering out Cloth and Leather. Rest should be factory out of the box settings.

I had gotten the Deathchill made for no cost, and it will get replaced with a drop. Not a huge deal too me, I was just using it as an example of a TBC blue being better than a WoTLK epic.

I understand what it's trying to do, but for some reason it's doing it oddly for me.

#20 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:56 PM

Uhhh how do I post my character file? My Rawr is kinda being locked up cause I ran the WotLK update thing with no progress bar.

If you just load from Armory Ukitake => Crushridge => US Server you should pick me up in my latest gear.

You can just upload the saved xml file somewhere. Just me importing from Armory won't help, because you might be getting different results because of some odd options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users