252 replies to this topic

#241 zixa

zixa

Banned

• Banned
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:28 PM

You are making my points for me :)

My original post was about why Rawr showed so much HPS rating based on my gear level. I felt that based on my healing style ...MT and OT with the occasional raid save...that I did not see how it was possible to ever reach those numbers given by Rawr. I never said that I was all about HPS. I was under the impression you were providing me some guidance on how to increase my HPS so it would more approximate the Rawr numbers.

I then responded by saying I could follow that advice but questioned how that increased HPS as that was my original question...was the deficit real. I'm sorry if you thought I was looking to maximize HPS you are correct. I really don't care. And to be honest I can't remember the last time our raids failed because the tank died from healing...its usually to many dps die...well honestly nearly always. So I find myself trying to go 'beyond my tank heals' on occasion and keep the dps up if they are about to die....

Sorry for any confusion. I agree with you completely. At end of the day it does not matter what the score is..did you win or loose. That being said I don't want to carry a bunch of lack luster healers so meters can be of some help...if someone is way off there expected HPS given there healing assignment, class and spec.

I agree with you on the int thing....I stack it. I have people in my guild that were trying to stack haste and sp over int.

:)

The only thing I will say about your armory is that your haste is really low. You should also get int/regen trinkets. Thats why your hps is low. For most fights you should be beaconing the tank and spamming holy light on the raid. 7-10k effective hps is pretty standard for me in heroic toc depending on the fight. I dont know why anybody would want to gem/go out of their way for any stats other than int or haste. Int=longevity, Haste=HPS. Balance them according to your personal style. Dont gem sp, crit, or mp5. Use a nightmare's tear to activate your meta. Paladin's HPS stat is haste compared to other healers going for SP, because we can only single target heal. The faster you can hit more heals on more people the better you are at keeping people alive, along with the mana pool required to sustain the HL spam. SP and crit are up to obscene levels in 245 gear anyway.

Also, dont live and die by rawr. The only thing I agree with spreadsheeting when it comes to healing is "time to out of mana when spamming." Find what works for you but Im telling you ya need solid haste unless you want to be buried by druids.

#242 xmlviking

xmlviking

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:17 PM

The only thing I will say about your armory is that your haste is really low. You should also get int/regen trinkets. Thats why your hps is low. For most fights you should be beaconing the tank and spamming holy light on the raid. 7-10k effective hps is pretty standard for me in heroic toc depending on the fight. I dont know why anybody would want to gem/go out of their way for any stats other than int or haste. Int=longevity, Haste=HPS. Balance them according to your personal style. Dont gem sp, crit, or mp5. Use a nightmare's tear to activate your meta. Paladin's HPS stat is haste compared to other healers going for SP, because we can only single target heal. The faster you can hit more heals on more people the better you are at keeping people alive, along with the mana pool required to sustain the HL spam. SP and crit are up to obscene levels in 245 gear anyway.

Also, dont live and die by rawr. The only thing I agree with spreadsheeting when it comes to healing is "time to out of mana when spamming." Find what works for you but Im telling you ya need solid haste unless you want to be buried by druids.

Haste is really low?

I was assuming soft cap in haste 50% was possible with just 300+ haste in my gear. o.O I was actually told somewhere never gem for haste ever. I'm not sure if that still holds water.

So replace my goofy MP5 gem in my 8.5 hat ok I was thinking about that one as well.
I picked up the 245 trinket I know it does not pull back an mana but the sheer int pool is nuts. I'm replacing my old . The increased replenishment scaling with Arcane Torrent and Divine Plea looks to offset some of my potential loss with the removal of my glyph of seal of wisdom. I have implemented an arcane torrent macro with the use of my new trinket as well. Both are on a 2 min cool down so it makes sense.

So much so that after using it and seeing my crazy mana pool I decided to remove and replace it with . I'm just testing it out and based on our current progression I don't run out of mana. So I'm going to see my effective healing goes up.

As far as the HPS and over heals that makes sense to me. I was hitting near 3k and my over heal was over 50% then thats not too bad really. Beacon the tank and SS the tank seems like a lot. Our tank is well over 45K raid buffed and he is a paladin with crazy avoidance as well. I'm usually healing one the poor DK's that seem to just get bludgeoned.

Thank you all for the fantastic tips much appreciated.
P.S. if anyone else out there is running the glyph of Seal of Light I would like to hear how you like it.

Thanks

#243 xmlviking

xmlviking

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

Keep in mind also that Rawr's numbers are total HPS while most meters measure effective HPS - overhealing is not accounted for in Rawr, which is the biggest source of difference by far in measured vs theorycrafted numbers.

So recount measures effective correct? Because if that is true I would be really close to that number. Well acceptable.
At 50% over heal that makes my numbers much more inline. Again I'm a bit fear full of my int spell power trinket. My mana pool is simply crazy now though.

#244 Capstone

Capstone

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

I'm fairly certain Recount has a tab for both Healing Done (which is effective healing) and Total Healing Done (which counts overhealing); either that or it just has the Overhealing tab instead of total healing and you can add the two yourself. Also, haste soft cap is 676 rating from gear I believe.

#245 xmlviking

xmlviking

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

I'm fairly certain Recount has a tab for both Healing Done (which is effective healing) and Total Healing Done (which counts overhealing); either that or it just has the Overhealing tab instead of total healing and you can add the two yourself. Also, haste soft cap is 676 rating from gear I believe.

Well how would you suggest getting up that high? I'm about 318 now...but an additional 350 haste!
I have the but ditched it in favor my current trinkets.

#246 Turiel

Turiel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

Well how would you suggest getting up that high? I'm about 318 now...but an additional 350 haste!

Rawr has been rating and the Egg of mortal essence extremely high for me on account that I am also "low" on haste for what I want. That being said I keep looking at how I would get higher (reliable) haste without sacrificing too much and realized that I'll only be able to up my haste in small incriments and hitting that softcap is quite difficult without so many different drops available to you. Try looking for more haste, but personally I'm not going to sacrifice much of my Mana pool or my T8 4pc for it.

#247 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

The cap just means if you hit that number, try not to get more haste rating.

I feel Spider/Egg are weak trinkets because the haste buff happens randomly, perhaps not when you would want it. I prefer non-click trinkets for healing. The 84 Int trinket from ToC normal is pretty awesome.

#248 xmlviking

xmlviking

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

The cap just means if you hit that number, try not to get more haste rating.

I feel Spider/Egg are weak trinkets because the haste buff happens randomly, perhaps not when you would want it. I prefer non-click trinkets for healing. The 84 Int trinket from ToC normal is pretty awesome.

I agree 100% on the non click trikets :)

The only one I'm using now is macro'ed Talisman of Resurgence with Arcane Torrent. I use AT a lot so the 2 main cool downs work together nicely. I would not want to use the spider trinket the non deterministic values of that haste are simply not worth it to me.

I'm curious on this trinket from which you speak. Are you talking about the int and mana proc return?

#249 Capstone

Capstone

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

Apologies if this sounds too much like "Help me" but I noticed that Rawr is actually recommending crit over mp5 for me. This seemed odd, so I hoped someone else could look this over and see if I missed something or if my settings are unusual.

KirielleHealing.xml

#250 Cassey

Cassey

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:26 PM

I see the Libram of Veracity is not in Rawr yet, I am using it and love it but I am curious how RAWR rates it. Will it be added soon?

#251 frmorrison

frmorrison

Protector

• Allied Members
  • 11,427 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

I see the Libram of Veracity is not in Rawr yet, I am using it and love it but I am curious how RAWR rates it. Will it be added soon?

You can add this yourself until Endo adds it in.

The proc is some amount of spell power, so find your normal uptime (which may be between 80-100) and then do spell power * uptime to get the average spell power. Then add the item to Rawr (go to any libram, then Edit it, then Add at the bottom, then type the name). Then edit thelibram of Veracity's spell power value.

My Rawr says the old badge HL cost libram is better for me after I did the above.

#252 Roknroll

Roknroll

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

any plans to model in the 4 piece T9 bonus, or just the FoL heal over time in general? seems you would just put a new options slider for uptime on the FoL heal over time. all of us could easily get an average uptime for the HoT by spending a little time browsing some logs.

Also, I'm wondering if Rawr models the mana returned from Judgements proc'ing Seal of Wisdom? I'm getting 1350 mana back per proc, with a 50% proc rate when I judge. A slider similar to how Holy Shock works in the options tab would model this perfectly, rather than just a checkmark for maintaining JotP or the ovrall Judgement buff. The current option models judging every minute or every 20 seconds.

And last: I'm not sure if this is a Rawr thing in general or if it's part of the Healadin model. On the default gemming templates you can choose to show the top x number of gemmings, for example the top 2. In the normal gear view it limits it to 2 combinations (or a 3rd if you are wearing something different that loaded from armory). But when I look at the overall direct upgrades list, it shows every possible combination that is set up in the gemming templates, rather than limit it to the top 2 (or however many you want to show).

#253 Mox

Mox

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:45 PM

any plans to model in the 4 piece T9 bonus, or just the FoL heal over time in general? seems you would just put a new options slider for uptime on the FoL heal over time. all of us could easily get an average uptime for the HoT by spending a little time browsing some logs.

Endoscient, any word/eta on if/when you can get the FoL hot implemented? Would be very useful if possible, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users