• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#41 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

2.1.4 is out and you can get it at Codeplex. New features in this version for Holy are the Burst Healing scale, Divine Illumination support, and Divine Favor support. For Divine Illumination it assumes you spam Holy Light while it is active.

This is going to be the last minor version until 2.2, so please let me know if there are any features that you will like to see in for 2.2.

#42 galzohar

galzohar

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:04 PM

Spamming HL during DI is quite unrealistic, since usually after a few HLs there won't be much left to heal in the raid and you'll either change to FoL or overheal with HL. However you do heal more during DI than not during DI if you don't just hit it every time it's up, but then again that also increases its effective cooldown. Bottom line is that there should be some kind of option to set DI's efficiency to something between "spam near-free HLs every 2 mins" to "12.5% of your heals cost 50%", similar to how you can currently set your "activity", HS usage and other factors.

#43 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

During DI, Holy Light only costs an average of 100 mana per cast, and FoL costs an average of 60. I am fine spending the extra 13 mps to get over 5,000 more hps, even if it is almost surely going to be overheal.

#44 Arthaal

Arthaal

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

The way Illumination currently calculates returns on unmodified spell costs you'd be doing yourself a disfavour by not spamming HL during DI... Overhealing isn't really a concern when HL has a significantly higher crit rate and has a larger net positive mana return on crits during DI than FoL.

Just downloaded the new Rawr and it's beautiful. Some previously odd rankings appear to have been fixed (don't know if that's just me or if some of the guts were actually reworked, but it seems that way) and the burst statistic adds a useful dimension to item weights. One small bug: when clicking on a gear slot, the pop-up gear selector ranks according to overall value for the items, but the selector box at the top isn't the one from the healadin module... it lists "Threat", "Mitigation", etc. instead of "Fight Healing" and "Burst Healing". Otherwise, I like it a lot.
Percent modifiers R'US

#45 galzohar

galzohar

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 11:58 PM

During DI, Holy Light only costs an average of 100 mana per cast, and FoL costs an average of 60. I am fine spending the extra 13 mps to get over 5,000 more hps, even if it is almost surely going to be overheal.

While it may be worth casting those heals, they still shouldn't count as anywhere near full heals when you're calculating total fight HPS if they're mostly overheals. Then again this needs to be balanced with the fact that most of rawr's calculated HPS is overheal as well, but still less than the massive overheal of spamming free HLs. Bottom line is the gain from DI is less than simply assuming you get 7-9 near-free HLs, no matter what you're casting in the duration, and doesn't matter if you use it "wisely" or just on-cooldown (I mean it matters for the actual gain, but all options give you less than optimal gain).

#46 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:15 PM

Overhealing is very fight dependent, and there is no way to effectively model it in Rawr. You could also use Divine Illumination when everyone is taking crap tons of damage, and because of it have less overhealing compared to average Holy Light overheal.

Too many variables are needed to accurately model how overhealing will effect your gear selection. So I am not going to put in an implementation that pretends to account for overhealing, but does so wrongly.

#47 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

One small bug: when clicking on a gear slot, the pop-up gear selector ranks according to overall value for the items, but the selector box at the top isn't the one from the healadin module... it lists "Threat", "Mitigation", etc. instead of "Fight Healing" and "Burst Healing". Otherwise, I like it a lot.

When you started Rawr was Healadin the module it initially loaded? I have notice some other minor things related to switching modules as well. I will pass it along to Astrylian, since it isn't a bug with the module.

#48 galzohar

galzohar

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:36 PM

I think just something that allows you to set how many times you use DI in a fight and how much you can/do deviate from your normal casting during that time will be better or at least not worse than the current state. You can always set it to max HL every 2 min. I suppose that with no option, though, assuming worst-case-scenario healing in which you'd spam HL as much as possible is the best way to do it.

#49 Arthaal

Arthaal

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:09 AM

When you started Rawr was Healadin the module it initially loaded? I have notice some other minor things related to switching modules as well. I will pass it along to Astrylian, since it isn't a bug with the module.

No the druid tanking model was first loaded. I redownloaded on another computer and uploaded from armory while Holy specced and had the proper model loaded. The bug was not present then.
Percent modifiers R'US

#50 sirnarvy

sirnarvy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:37 PM

I downloaded 2.1.4 yesterday and had an issue with Gems. If I go into the item editor I can see them listed, but when I select either the Gems > Normal or Gems > Meta chart, I get an empty list. This only seems to be happening in the Healadin model. Works fine for Retribution, Tankadin, and Mage. Any thoughts why that might be going on?

Thanks.

#51 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

No, please post in the http://elitistjerks....leased_12_13_a/ thread about it. Since that is a problem with the model.

#52 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

I noticed that one (or more maybe?) of the default item caches was using an old version of the Insightful Earthsiege (the 300 proc one). Make sure the tooltip of the meta says 600 mana on proc (not 300) or else it will be seriously undervalued. If it does say 300, just right click it and refresh the item data.

#53 Silmeria

Silmeria

I am a nice guy

• Members
  • 9,539 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

What exactly does it mean when I see negative healing values for Flash of Light?

#54 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Could you elaborate more on what exactly is happening, and post your XML character file.

#55 Silmeria

Silmeria

I am a nice guy

• Members
  • 9,539 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:26 PM

Snapshots/XML (as a text file) attached. Note the negative FoL healed, FoL Mana Usage, and FoL Rotation Timings. I'm mostly just playing around with the rawr options, so I'm probably just configuring some bizarre scenario. I expected to see that FoL value to be zero, perhaps that's what it means.

Just rename the .txt file to an .xml file.

Attached Files

#56 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

The bug is fixed in the latest version of Rawr 2.1.6, and you are using 2.1.4. The bug was caused because when I was doing the calculation to max Holy Light time I capped it at fight length, not fight length minus time spent on keeping up buffs (BoL, JotP, SS).

#57 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

The bug is fixed in the latest version of Rawr 2.1.6, and you are using 2.1.4. The bug was caused because when I was doing the calculation to max Holy Light time I capped it at fight length, not fight length minus time spent on keeping up buffs (BoL, JotP, SS).

So it appears this wasn't fixed in the latest version released, but just in my local copy. I checked in the fix and it will be working correctly when 2.1.8 gets released later today.

2.1.8 will also support the new FoL Glyph, and model the extra GCDs used on Judges because of misses and the effect hit rating has on it.

#58 Endoscient

Endoscient

King Hippo

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

2.1.8 came out today, you can download it at Codeplex.

Changes
  • Removed profession benefits from Options since they are now all correctly modelled in there respective places.
  • Support for Judgements missing, and effect of Hit rating.
  • Fixed bug that incorrectly capped HL rotation time too high.
  • Added support for FoL Glyph.
  • Updated 2T6 and 4T6 bonuses.

#59 Roknroll

Roknroll

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

Did anything major change in this? I'm seeing a pretty big change in how it's ranking gear and especially gems. I skipped from 2.1.6 to 2.1.8, though, so i never saw the prior version.

#60 Roknroll

Roknroll

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

With the new version, and all my old stats from the prior version, haste and crit are being recommended pretty heavily over anything else. Int gems are waaaay down on the list. Here's just a screen shot of the gem rankings for me. I have all raid buffs filled in, and the talent points allocated with the standard 51/0/20.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users