• This topic is locked This topic is locked
857 replies to this topic

#21 Balroth

Balroth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:31 PM

I'm trying to create a macro based on my old powershifting macro. I was able, using a seperate macro, to turn the powershifting on and off. I want a macro that will turn the second macro on and off and I want the second macro to, if enabled, cast maul and mangle, and if disabled to just cast mangle.

Here's what I'm looking for...

I would prefer a macro that could do both of these things but if only one is possible, I'll deal.

The first thing I want the macro to do is to cast maul and mangle under the condition that I have at least 25 rage, otherwise, just cast mangle.

The second thing is I want a macro to be able to turn mauling on and off so if it's disabled, the previous macro will only do Mangle, not maul, under all circumstances.

Right now I'm using a macro that switches between 2 bars. One has maul macros, the other doesn't. It's very impractical though and would much rather have this macro set up.

Here is the old powershifting macro, if that helps.

/run local c=DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME if pws then
pws=false c:AddMessage("Powershifting disabled",1,1,1) else
pws=true c:AddMessage("Powershifting enabled",1,1,1)end

#showtooltip
/run if pws then local f="Cat Form";f=GetSpellCooldown(f)>0 or UnitMana('player')>15 or not IsUsableSpell(f) or GetComboPoints()>3 or CancelPlayerBuff(f) end
/cast [form] Shred
/stopmacro [form]
/cast Cat Form

I have heard that none of this is possible anymore but I figured if anyone would know, it would be the people here. If it's NOT possible I would like to ask, how the hell do you guys manage to keep all your stuff on your bars? I'm a Feral and I was pretty pressed for space before but now that I'm 75 I've got Tiger's Fury and Savage Roar to on my bars too. Basically, I have all my cat only stuff on my cat bar, my bear only stuff on my bear bar, and the things that overlap like berserk on my bar above action bar 1 (my bottom left action bar). Buffs are on the bottom right action bar, and then forms and stuff on my right action bar, bound to my mouse. That doesn't leave room for healing spells which are now bound to action bar 2 that I can swap between but I would like to use that bar as a stealth bar for cat form because I can't fit all my abilities on my cat bar. Any suggestions? Are there good macros that would allow me to say, have Feral Charge on my bottom left action bar so that it would use the charge appropriate to form?

#22 Harmonics

Harmonics

Bartlett Pears. Sliced. In Heavy Syrup.

• Members
  • 600 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:38 PM

I'm doubt either of those things you are asking for are possible, but I'm pretty weak in the macro department. However, if you are having trouble with things like "your bottom left action bar" you will probably want to pick up a bar mod (I really like bartender) also a mod like Spellbinder will let you bind actions from your spellbook directly to keys, no bars required.

You can't call a planet Bob!

You were missing the () at the end of Feral Charge (Bear), this is necessary otherwise WoW thinks you're trying to cast Feral Charge Rank Bear.

#23 Abradix

Abradix

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1214 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:47 PM

Are there good macros that would allow me to say, have Feral Charge on my bottom left action bar so that it would use the charge appropriate to form?

/cast [stance:3]Feral Charge - Cat(Rank 5)
/cast [stance:1]Feral Charge - Bear(Rank 5)

This can be used in any other way you want, for example Mangle:

/cast [stance:3]Mangle - Cat(Rank 5)
/cast [stance:1]Mangle - Bear(Rank 5)

But it can be even two completely unrelated spells, or you could include another one for caster form, etcetera.

#24 Habba

Habba

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:02 PM

I have heard that none of this is possible anymore but I figured if anyone would know, it would be the people here. If it's NOT possible I would like to ask, how the hell do you guys manage to keep all your stuff on your bars? I'm a Feral and I was pretty pressed for space before but now that I'm 75 I've got Tiger's Fury and Savage Roar to on my bars too. Basically, I have all my cat only stuff on my cat bar, my bear only stuff on my bear bar, and the things that overlap like berserk on my bar above action bar 1 (my bottom left action bar). Buffs are on the bottom right action bar, and then forms and stuff on my right action bar, bound to my mouse. That doesn't leave room for healing spells which are now bound to action bar 2 that I can swap between but I would like to use that bar as a stealth bar for cat form because I can't fit all my abilities on my cat bar. Any suggestions? Are there good macros that would allow me to say, have Feral Charge on my bottom left action bar so that it would use the charge appropriate to form?

You can check for your current form, a modifier key and a target's disposition to you. What you can not do is create a macro that decides game actions for you. Power shifting was possible through a macro because cat form functions like a buff and the macro centered around canceling and reapplying that buff.

In regard to my personal setup, I use 4 bars total.

Bar 1: Caster/Travel form
Bar 2: Bear
Bar 3: Cat
Bar 4: Utility

For a "stealth bar" I have created macros for a few attacks so that they perform differently when I'm prowling.

For example.

#showtooltip
/cast [stealth] Pounce; Rake

I have ravage in a macro with shred as well. Other than that there isn't really anything else that is going to change on my bars when I'm prowling. This eliminates the need for an extra bar.

In bear form I have my situational abilities in a macro that I use modifiers to control.

Example.

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Challenging Roar; [modifier:alt] Demoralizing Roar; Growl;

This frees up 2 slots on your bar from moves that you might not use as often.

All in all you need to sit down and plan out a button configuration that works best for you.

#25 kalbear

kalbear

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1161 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:29 PM

My understanding is that Mongoose still has a slight advantage over +35 - is this still true or is it just a matter of preference?

Mongoose is more than slightly better than 35 agi for bears. Even with a single mob it averages to about +49 agi. With multiple mobs you end up getting close to 100% uptime.

#26 Ghoselle

Ghoselle

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

RAWR heavily favors stamina for me. But after a while, it feels like I have enough.

For sunwell, people had come up with recommended raid buff health totals to target, after which the advice was to gem/consume for agility. Do people have advice for what health totals I should be shooting for before starting to gear more for avoidance?

In the past, I was an agility fanatic. I've not just not tanked anything hard since diminishing returns have been put in place to see if that is still a valid world view.
Ghoselle.
Feral Druid.

#27 Anksunamun

Anksunamun

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:25 AM

I've rerolled a feral druid for this expansion so I'm a noob forgive me :P
I know that every melee dps like rogues, warriors etc have a limit for their speed, like 0,7 sec for every swing.
Does a cat has the same limitation?
Does haste rating is a good stat for a cat?

#28 Malazaar

Malazaar

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:51 AM

I distinctly remember rogues and warriors stacking haste with the inventory bug and finally reaching 0.0 attack speed so i don't think there is a limitation.

Haste rating is not a good stat for cat because we only deal 30 to 40 percent of our damage with autoattack. Even though we also get more ooc procs with more haste, it's not the best stat for us.

#29 Sotalammas

Sotalammas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

I have a faint recollection of reading something about a parry rating to dodge conversion somewhere, but i have no idea where I read it. Anyone that can can either confirm reading something similar or is it just my demented mind teasing me again?

#30 charriu

charriu

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 12:16 PM

I have a faint recollection of reading something about a parry rating to dodge conversion somewhere, but i have no idea where I read it. Anyone that can can either confirm reading something similar or is it just my demented mind teasing me again?

That was only a tooltip bug on a trinket in beta. There's no such thing in live.

#31 Drudoo

Drudoo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:20 PM

So, what I read up from this thread is basically, (that I wonder myself)
After some "end-content raiding in Tbc, BT-Sunwell" Wotlk is here and some things have changed and basically i´m a bad read- uper sometimes on my class and would like some... help.. Or confirmation regarding my thoughts and stuff:

- You won’t need to stack Defence anymore, if you take full skill points that ad 6% to reach crit immune. So it’s safe to basically enchant all items with stamina/stats/agility or whatever preferred?
Before, reaching def rating of 416... Or build it with resilience to reach 2.6 % ish is now a waste then? (Wotlk) Assuming you "only" fight mobs 3 levels above you, with the applied 5.6 % crit chance... over that I guess it scales whith lvl and adding 1.86 % / lvl to it or somthing (?)
- Haste is not a good option for cats, but I remember reading/hearing that global cool downs is effected by haste, that’s bull or true?
- And adding STR to increase dmg is good... but sense its posted above, 30-40% of the Cat dmg come from the white dmg, is it that dmg that will improve, or is it the other like mangle, rake and rip ect that will be higher and whats important to have higher Str?
i´m guessing here, but Cat’s are like mini copies of rogues, ofc not the same in general, but the idea is the same, smaller and faster attacks, applies and Dot’s, and then some finishing strikes or "massive" bleeds.
Aint it a good idea to at least try to have 40% crit, so you get more CP more often to increase the Roar time/bleed dmg/ Dots and likewise?
When I dps in my dps "gear" sort of speak, I might reach white dmg crits for 5-600 dmg, but sometimes I find it Energy expensive if I don’t have the same amount of + Crits, I have to use more special attacks to achieve the same thing. And at level 75, the AP roar that applies 40% more AP would make it easier to "get away" with lower AP- stir and benefit more from higher Crits?
Note though, haven’t been Cat dps that often, and I can’t back it up with allot of data or calculations, only what vie think I have experienced. Therefore the question.
Mostly playing Tank in either Raids or in general, so main purpose has been tanking, so top 5 lines are the once I want to be 100% sure of, rest is just fine to have somewhat knowledge about

And when/if anyone replies to it, please make sure to spell it out for me, so there aint any chances I feck it up and misunderstand it all.. =) hehehe.. Thanks in advance/Drudoo

** i am not "up to par" whith the spelling, and probably never will, so ill try, but if i make moore posts that will be "locked" or like because im not from England, i most likely will not post any moore, just read then **

#32 Abradix

Abradix

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1214 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:47 PM

You won't need defense nor resilience anymore, this is correct. You're crit immune just by having 3/3 SotF.

Haste lowers the global cooldown for spells, but not for any of our cat/bear abilities.

The reason strength is so good for us, is because one strength equals 3.59 AP with Kings/SotF/HotW and Savage Roar up. This doesn't mean we can "get away with lower AP and more crit", it means is by far our best scaling stat at the moment and is superior in DPS gain until you reach a very high number of AP, the exact number where crit/agi becomes better then strength depends on your gear, and the Rawr tool can help you with that. But rest assured that you're nowhere near that number yet.

#33 mmartinx

mmartinx

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:18 PM

While we're talking keybinds/macros.

I recently rerolled druid for the expansion after playing a rogue through vanilla->TBC, and I'm having a bit of an issue with keybinds. My feral binds/macros are just about perfect, but I'm still figuring out how I'm going to handle caster form. I basically want 1-5 and shift + 1-5 to be my non cooldown, healing spells

So,

Lifebloom
Regrowth
Rejuv
Wild Growth
Healing Touch
NS + Healing Touch macro (combine these?)
Remove Curse
Abolish Poison
Swiftmend
Nourish

So that's close to 10 keys there, where do I put wrath/moonfire/starfire. Normally I'd use an alt modifier, but I use that for self casting. Not sure if its a bad habit or not, but on my Paladin I didn't like using clique, I'd rather target and heal, and if I needed to heal myself I could just keep my target and hold down alt. My other mousebutton and letter keys are already reserved for macros and cooldowns, so yeah, I guess maybe I'll just have to get used to using CTRL + 1-3 or something

#34 Stigmata

Stigmata

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:32 PM

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are of the current ferocious bite, I had 4pT6 and cat spec at the time of testing this and was getting 12-15k FB crits. These weren't one offs and pretty much everyone was well over 10k (5 cp)

I assume this is not intended as 15k just seems too much. I had approx 8k+ AP with SR (5 man party, warrior, pala, pala % priest)

#35 Tulathros

Tulathros

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 10:56 PM

When Blizzard made the announcement about bears no longer gaining the modifier for armor on jewelry and trinkets there was a large number of suggestions and discussion on the Blizz forums about giving bears some benifit from parry to balance the loss of armor. The discussion/suggestions were all from players and i don't remember seeing any comment on parry to dodge conversion from Blizzard.

Normally I'd use an alt modifier, but I use that for self casting.

Try using mouseover macro's, if you have your main tank or off tank you are assigned to heal set as your focus you can have raid frames for the rest of the raid, your personal target frame and focus frame to see more detail on them, and just hover your mouse over who ever needs the heal, also a mouseover macro will default to your target if you are not hovering over a player.

Drudo
You have it mixed up the wrong way, because we have savage roar strength becomes more powerfull. A talent/ability that enhances or buffs a certain attribute makes that attribute more desirable not less.
eg:
1 str = 3.6 AP with all buffs and savage roar
1 str = 2.2 AP with all buffs except for savage roar
10 crit rating = 10 crit rating with all buffs and savage roar
10 crit rating = 10 crit rating with all buffs except for savage roar

So 1 str becomes more powerfull or better with savage roar, and 10 crit rating remains exactly the same. Savage roar means that stats that increase attack power have become more powerfull

#36 kalbear

kalbear

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1161 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:10 PM

For a little bit of time there was a trinket that was listed as having 'parrydodge'. It was stated at the time that it would provide parry for those could could parry, and dodge for everyone else. It turned out to be simply a display bug and that it always provided (and was intended to provide) dodge only.

#37 Mr. Pokeylope

Mr. Pokeylope

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 12:00 AM

So that's close to 10 keys there, where do I put wrath/moonfire/starfire. Normally I'd use an alt modifier, but I use that for self casting. Not sure if its a bad habit or not, but on my Paladin I didn't like using clique, I'd rather target and heal, and if I needed to heal myself I could just keep my target and hold down alt. My other mousebutton and letter keys are already reserved for macros and cooldowns, so yeah, I guess maybe I'll just have to get used to using CTRL + 1-3 or something

Dominos/Bartender will allow you to page action bars based on friendly/enemy targets, so you can have it switch to displaying your healing spells when you have a friendly target selected. I also have it switch to my healing bar when I hold down my self-cast modifier.

Although honestly, I think the better solution is to just adjust to using Clique, which is how I normally cast my heals.

#38 Mijae

Mijae

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:18 AM

You have it mixed up the wrong way, because we have savage roar strength becomes more powerfull. A talent/ability that enhances or buffs a certain attribute makes that attribute more desirable not less.
eg:
1 str = 3.6 AP with all buffs and savage roar
1 str = 2.2 AP with all buffs except for savage roar
10 crit rating = 10 crit rating with all buffs and savage roar
10 crit rating = 10 crit rating with all buffs except for savage roar

So 1 str becomes more powerfull or better with savage roar, and 10 crit rating remains exactly the same. Savage roar means that stats that increase attack power have become more powerfull

This is a bit misleading. It's true that SR makes Str more valuable when you compare the before and after worth. However, you are comparing Str to AP and Crit to Crit. In general, when you compare stats to each other you need to use something as a baseline stat. You then normalize any differences to the change in that stat. The usual stat used as a baseline is AP (this is where AEP values come from).

Since SR directly affects AP, the AEP for strength is the same with or without SR. By my calcs, the AEP of both agility and crit rating goes down when using SR in a cycle. So, it happens to be the end result is the same. That is, SR is better for Str/AP than it is for Agi/crit.

On a side note the changes in hit rating, expertise, and haste are all very dependent on gear level. In all blues, these each go up in AEP value making them more valuable with SR than without it (even more than str or AP). However, in full 25 man epics hit rating and expertise are worth less with SR than without it and haste is equal. So, his question was valid as it could very well have been similar with crit. The values of stats are dependent on both current total stats (gear/buffs) and cycle used.

#39 hyphae

hyphae

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

i am new at the whole feral aspect of the druid. i do how ever have one question. When getting gear for stats what do i look for the most and what do i look for the least? Meaning with a mage you would look for Hit > Haste > Spell Damage > Spell Crit. and with that you would want to get 164 hit (max) then once you get 164 hit you move to the next one which would be haste which say you wanted 300 haste and then you move to spell damage.

What if at all is it for a feral druid in bear form and cat form.

Thank you for any advice given.

#40 Humbaba

Humbaba

Mr. Sandman

• Allied Members
  • 6110 posts

Posted 20 November 2008 - 01:46 PM

While we're talking keybinds/macros.

I recently rerolled druid for the expansion after playing a rogue through vanilla->TBC, and I'm having a bit of an issue with keybinds. My feral binds/macros are just about perfect, but I'm still figuring out how I'm going to handle caster form. I basically want 1-5 and shift + 1-5 to be my non cooldown, healing spells

So,

Lifebloom
Regrowth
Rejuv
Wild Growth
Healing Touch
NS + Healing Touch macro (combine these?)
Remove Curse
Abolish Poison
Swiftmend
Nourish

Oh boy, keybinds! I guess it is a new expansion, though.

You can also use ~, q, e, f, z, x, c and v easily. Throw on shift modifiers for most of those and you'll have plenty of binds. You'll also want to have innervate and barkskin somewhere convenient.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users