• This topic is locked This topic is locked
339 replies to this topic

#41 Taliafears

Taliafears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:51 AM

I don't really deal with it in the sheet, I just assume demo shout is up in the WWS parses I use to figure out boss damage. However the data from that post looks pretty good; I'm willing to believe 5/5 imp demo is worthwhile.

#42 bung

bung

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

EDIT: Deleted

#43 Taliafears

Taliafears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 11:00 PM

I see you figured out that it's correct after all. It's very confusing but it turns out that your dodge from your base agility is NOT subject to diminishing returns.

#44 Vysogota

Vysogota

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:18 AM

There are actually quite a few Naxx items that wowhead has listed as "Drops in both Normal and Heroic". I can't personally verify that info so I simply trust that it is true. However, on the sheet I just list those items as Naxx10, because it helps you get a sense of how difficult it is to obtain, and that's primarily how I use the source column.

While I hold WoWhead in high esteem, it's not always 100% correct, especially when it comes to drop locations. Mixing normal drops with heroic ones is a known issue there and this shield is a good example. If you check it on Armory, you'll see only "The Eye of Eternity" as a drop location, which means 10-man version (25-man would be listed as "The Eye of Eternity (Heroic)"). Items that drop in both versions are listed like this.

- added 500 HP bonus for miners

There is a change to that in the lastest PTR patch notes - it will be 50 Stamina instead of 500 HP.

#45 Edgewalker

Edgewalker

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:02 AM

Thanks for the work brother.

#46 illusive_2008

illusive_2008

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

Any chance Snapper Extreme (40+ hit) could be added for list of Food buffs please? Also any support for Jewelcrafting Trinkets to show im using Figurine - Monarch Crab with (2) Solid Dragon's Eye. Nothing game breaking but helps me figure out overall stat weight for what I actually have in game.

#47 illusive_2008

illusive_2008

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:34 AM

Also just to make sure I am viewing this great sheet correctly and making what I think to be spot on gear choices. On Conversions on the gearlist page, the Conversions is base stat weight and Calculated Conversions is stat weight with my current gear on the Fitting Room with Gem choices?

AC Str Agi Sta Def Dod Par Res Blk BV Hit Crit Exp AP Has ArP B R Y

1.0 3.5 8.1 14.0 10.5 8.8 7.6 0.0 3.5 4.0 4.0 1.1 5.0 0.5 0.8 1.2 336 238 252

Calculated
1.0 3.3 8.3 11.3 9.4 8.8 6.7 0.0 5.0 3.5 3.0 1.2 13.8 0.5 1.0 1.4

From everything I have read from responses Expertise weighs so high since it works till Parry cap? I just figured as Tauren Stamina would still hold higher weight per point. Just curious is all since I want to make sure I am working towards best in slot based on overall stats. Thanks for help, was just concerned with I saw + hit so low when I am only at +164 rating.

#48 Nyxie

Nyxie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:41 AM

I just figured as Tauren Stamina would still hold higher weight per point.

Remember that Endurance only increases base health by 5% now.

#49 illusive_2008

illusive_2008

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:31 AM

Yep I completely understand that, was just wondering how Expertise was higher then Stamina really and hit so low. Hey numbers are numbers, and this sheet has been spot on for me. Just want to make 100 percent forsure im reading it correctly.

#50 Taliafears

Taliafears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:53 PM

As I posted earlier in the thread, Expertise calculates so high because it has value in ALL FOUR of the weighting categories. Also expertise scales very well with boss strength, since it represents a % reduction in their damage with no diminishing returns.

However, the huge caveat is that many (most?) of the hardest hitting bosses do not parry-haste. So if you're gearing for Patchwerk, make sure you select him on the Options sheet. The parry-haste math doesn't apply to trash pulls either, so it's probably not the best general gearing strategy for heroics. All these factors lead me to give it a value of 5 on the GearList, for general gearing.

When we get a list of bosses that DO parry-haste, then we'll know when to gear for expertise, but AFAIK no raid bosses have been confirmed to parry-haste yet. As always, I'll try to watch out for more info, but I'd love for someone to bring it to me if they find something reliable. :)

#51 Diabhalta

Diabhalta

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:32 AM

Many thanks for this great sheet. I did some digging as my health point stats were not matching up with in game/armory.

Stats: The formula at Numbers!$B$14 appears to be incorrect for Tauren hp calculation. It is adding 478hp if Tauren and assuming a base health of 7941 this number should be 7941 * .05 = 397.05?

#52 Taliafears

Taliafears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 06:34 PM

Uploaded a new version:

- changed base miss rate vs a boss to 8% (was 9%)
- changed crit depression from attacking a boss to 4.8% (was 0.6%)
- adjusted Patchwerk settings
- divided Patchwerk into two bosses, one for the MT role and one for the OT role (hatefuls)
- added Snapper Extreme (+hit food)
- fixed a bug with the new gem slot on Neck
- added gem slots for trinkets on the GemChoices sheet (the JC trinket)
- replaced Enchant Shield - Shield Block with Titanium Plating (from PTR, +40 BV)
- added 10man versions of Patchwerk (he hits softer but faster --> block rating / value actually becomes good)
- added Enchant Weapon - Titanguard (from PTR, +75 Sta)
- added Enchant Bracer - Major Stamina (from PTR, +40 Sta)
- added a button to sort everything in the GearList sheet (should work in both Excel and OpenOffice)
- changed Tauren HP bonus to 5% of base health instead of 5% of base health and 5% of health from base stamina

#53 Taliafears

Taliafears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:45 PM

Emergency Release, last release introduced a bug with AEP for Gems, making for bad automatic choices.

- fixed a bug with the threat/dps value of armor/def/dod
- fixed a bug with Gems sheet not getting the correct stat weights from GearList (introduced in the last release)
- added Loatheb to the boss list
- attached different TTL/Burst/Threat/DPS proportions to each boss
- added MagicDPS for bosses, simply gets added to physical DPS without mitigation (for now)

#54 illusive_2008

illusive_2008

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:29 AM

So I am just assuming the Tauren hp change had major affects on gear? Like half my choices that were best or second best in slot are almost equal to crafted gear :| . Just want to make sure there is nothing being worked on with any possible errors with sheet. When I open gearlist on fresh sheet STR has XXX in both Conversions tables. Reguardless not upset bout stats changing, just want to make sure there right on this sheet and STR is supose to have no weight.

Thank you very much for additions to new chants , + hit food and Jcing gem slots :) that rocks. Love all the hard work you put into this to give us solid way of looking at all options to choose from for upgrades.

#55 Taliafears

Taliafears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:58 AM

The macro I wrote seemed to bug the sheet a bit and I ended up making a copy of one of the sheets and then remapping all the things pointing at it, so that's what precipitated the emergency release. Should be all fixed up now, but I'll be checking things pretty carefully in the next day or two and may do another release.

#56 Ayekaramba

Ayekaramba

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

Thanks for your work.
With the last update of the spreadsheet items with block rating/value are rated far superior compared to items without block rating/value than the the spreadsheet version released at 12-05-2008 does.
Is this a bug of the current version or a result of a bug fix?
For example (with TTL and Burst weight equal set to 0.5 and Filler WotLK Boss):

12-05-08
Helm of Vital Protection - 6376 AEP, 0 BR/BV
Valorous Dreadnaught Greathelm - 6247 AEP, 77 BV
Herores' Dreadnaught Greathelm - 5786 AEP, 65 BV

Pauldrons of Unnatural Death - 4651, 0 BR/BV
Valorous Dreadnaught Pauldrons - 4619, 29 BR
Burdened Shoulderplates - 4348, 50 BR

12-18-08
Valorous Dreadnaught Greathelm - 8617 AEP, 77 BV
Heroes' Dreadnaught Greathelm - 7873 AEP, 65 BV
Helm of Vital Protection - 7647 AEP, 0 BR/BV

Burdened Shoulderplates - 6453, 50 BR
Valorous Dreadnaught Pauldrons - 6163, 29 BR
Pauldrons of Unnatural Death - 5374 0 BR/BV

#57 Diabhalta

Diabhalta

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:15 PM

The gearset saved had a very high conversion ratio for BV. When I plugged in my gear and used the calculated conversions the AEP's reverted to what you would expect.

#58 Ayekaramba

Ayekaramba

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 01:24 PM

So I always have to copy the Calculated Conversions to the line above by myself to ensure the spreadsheet is answering exactly the question I'm asking?

#59 Diabhalta

Diabhalta

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 919 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:50 PM

The author can probably give a better answer but I always copy the Calculated Conversions to the line above and then make some minor alterations depending on what I'm trying to check i.e. SBV set v Avoidance set etc etc.

If you don't use the calculated conversions then your are not optimising as they take into account hit/expertise cap, DR on dodge/parry etc.

TLDR: Yeah, plug in your gear and copy numbers to the line above.

#60 Taliafears

Taliafears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:30 PM

I think the emergency release may have been set to Loatheb, which would greatly increase the value of Blk and BV. Hopefully with a number of boss choices available and the automatic sorter, the sheet should get a lot more useful in developing multiple gearsets optimized for what you're doing. When I found the problem that spurred the emergency release, I was curious about Loatheb gear.

To answer the other question about the calculated conversions - yes, you need to copy the calculated values to the line above. I don't want to force people to use the calculated values because the basic function of the sheet is to allow people to rate gear based on whatever criteria they see fit. I see the calculated values as a recommendation and nothing more, so you have to act on that advice in order for it to affect the gear rankings.

Furthermore, if you try to link the values in with the calculations Excel will error out. This is because the sheet makes a few choices based on stat weights, so there is a logical loop if you try to hardcode the calculated values to automatically become the real values.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users