Photo

Shadowpriest Theory Craft - 3.2.2 Edition!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1008 replies to this topic

#1001 Brekk

Brekk

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:00 PM

I suspect SW:P => MB => MF => VT => DP will be the best starter because you get full shadow weaving and a higher incidence of SP procs (depending on your profs and trinkets) on your opening dots.

So SW:P no longer gets locked into a non maxed Weaving stack?

#1002 Taebs

Taebs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:04 PM

So SW:P no longer gets locked into a non maxed Weaving stack?

At this moment there is no evidence to support that. Bliz blue post only listed Corruption as having been 'fixed.'

If they aren't going to add haste to SW:P I certainly hope they don't 'fix' SW:P. It is annoying for intial sequence, but ultimately for boss fights it provides a DPS increase.

#1003 tedv

tedv

Observation: I am awesome

• Allied Members
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:47 PM

At this moment there is no evidence to support that. Bliz blue post only listed Corruption as having been 'fixed.'

If they aren't going to add haste to SW:P I certainly hope they don't 'fix' SW:P. It is annoying for intial sequence, but ultimately for boss fights it provides a DPS increase.

But if they fix the DPS gain from "locking in" the crit value on SW:P, then maybe the DPS loss is great enough that they could justify hasting SW:P as well, which would be more consistent and less annoying to play with. I'd rather they make the spells work intuitively and tweak the numbers from that point.

#1004 c4tuna

c4tuna

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

What crit value do you lock in on SW:P besides Wild Magic, Nevermelting Ice Crystal, and occasionally boss mechanics?

Regardless, 2 minutes on a dummy shows me that SW:P still seems to be behaving as it always has been--going naked, casting it with no buffs gives me a damage of 330, getting a 5 stack of weaving and refreshing it has no gain though recasting it with weaving does.

#1005 Taebs

Taebs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

What crit value do you lock in on SW:P besides Wild Magic, Nevermelting Ice Crystal, and occasionally boss mechanics?

Regardless, 2 minutes on a dummy shows me that SW:P still seems to be behaving as it always has been--going naked, casting it with no buffs gives me a damage of 330, getting a 5 stack of weaving and refreshing it has no gain though recasting it with weaving does.

For Crit that's about it. But there are also SP increases through tailor cloak and trinks.

#1006 c4tuna

c4tuna

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:21 PM

For Crit that's about it. But there are also SP increases through tailor cloak and trinks.

You cannot lock SP into SW:P. That refreshes on mind flay. Only crit and self-buff %damage increases (so something like Darkness or Malygos sparks but not Icehowl crash) will not refresh. They were evidently not fixed for SW:P when haste was fixed for corruption. My lock account is out of time as well, so I can't test if crit was fixed for them.

#1007 Taebs

Taebs

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:45 AM

You cannot lock SP into SW:P. That refreshes on mind flay. Only crit and self-buff %damage increases (so something like Darkness or Malygos sparks but not Icehowl crash) will not refresh. They were evidently not fixed for SW:P when haste was fixed for corruption. My lock account is out of time as well, so I can't test if crit was fixed for them.

That's new info for me. I'm not sure how I ended up with the notion that SP locks in, but thanks for clearing that up. I've wasted many GCDs applying a new SW:P to that end.

#1008 Pasch

Pasch

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:39 AM

That's new info for me. I'm not sure how I ended up with the notion that SP locks in, but thanks for clearing that up. I've wasted many GCDs applying a new SW:P to that end.

New info? It's been like that ever since our WOTLK talents were released, same goes for crit back when it was a %-increase of dot damage. How you can miss things like that is beyond me.

On topic, I find the crit lock-in very annoying especially on fights with any kind of target swapping where we want SWPain up as fast as possible to boost MB and MF.

Another question, what classes do you see benefitting most from buffs such as Power Infusion and Focus Magic (after mages). On single-target fights and multi-dot fights? A well-timed Power Infusion on a priest when a new wave of adds spawn or when we can Mind Sear I don't see ANY other class beating us in terms of benefits from PI, not even mages.

#1009 Frmercury

Frmercury

Facemelter

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

New info? It's been like that ever since our WOTLK talents were released, same goes for crit back when it was a %-increase of dot damage. How you can miss things like that is beyond me.

On topic, I find the crit lock-in very annoying especially on fights with any kind of target swapping where we want SWPain up as fast as possible to boost MB and MF.

Another question, what classes do you see benefitting most from buffs such as Power Infusion and Focus Magic (after mages). On single-target fights and multi-dot fights? A well-timed Power Infusion on a priest when a new wave of adds spawn or when we can Mind Sear I don't see ANY other class beating us in terms of benefits from PI, not even mages.

Well, considering Arc Mages override PI, and Locks arguably not having as strong an AoE as we do, there aren't any. I would also argue that we are now the best target for PI since the Corruption nerf and considering how many Locks are 51 Demo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users