Heaven's Fall, Kryss of a Thousand Lies
Havoc's Call, Blade of Lordaeron Kings

#1342 Docrev

Docrev

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:23 AM

Armory is down for maintenance, but it's all up on Wowhead as well now: The Lich King - NPC - World of Warcraft

In addition to the gear already mentioned, there's also a 258/271 fist weapon from 10 man and heroic 10 man:

#1343 Chack

Chack

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:01 PM

I am looking forward to the first guy getting both heroic and normal DBW, so we can find out if they are stackable or not. The buff itself surely will not stack (since it seems to be a shapeshift), but it will be interesting if a proc is lost if it happens while another one is up. Double DBW could still be quite powerfull if you manage to properly desync them with some well timed unequip/equip before the pull.

The buffs seem to work a bit inconsistetly tho, I remember mounting while being a tuskarr, but could not when i have the other two procs ('Can't do that while shapeshifted').

#1344 koaschten

koaschten

In the rear with the gear!

• Members
  • 5668 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

Blizzard repeatedly said they explicitly do NOT want the ICC trinkets to be wearable in a normal/heroic combo.

#1345 Katria

Katria

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

The buffs seem to work a bit inconsistetly tho, I remember mounting while being a tuskarr, but could not when i have the other two procs ('Can't do that while shapeshifted').

Yeah it's kind of a pain when out in the world, as you have to click off the buff to mount. This has implications for raiding because, unless they changed it in this weeks patch, you can't use the rocket pack while the buff is up as either form (Taunka or Vyrkul for me). I almost ran off the ship when this happened the first time. I can mount as a Taunka, but not as a Vyrkul.

Should be easy enough to build a macro to fix it (/cancelaura whatever the buff is called then /use mount or rocketpack), but would be nice if Blizzard could fix it. At least for the rocket packs...they'd probably have to design a mounted version of the vyrkul (and others forms you can't mount in) and would be unwilling to do that.

However, interestingly enough, it does not stop you from mounting a drake in Oculus. Dunno if it holds true for entering other vehicles.

#1346 Belegûr

Belegûr

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:45 PM

Blizzard repeatedly said they explicitly do NOT want the ICC trinkets to be wearable in a normal/heroic combo.

In case anyone is looking for the source: 3.3 Patchnotes. Go to items, and there, you'll find:

Icecrown Citadel Items: Normal and Heroic versions of Icecrown Citadel rings and trinkets are considered Unique-Equipped and cannot be used at the same time.

So it's not even a question of "what happens if I equip both at the same time", because you simply won't be able to equip them both.

#1347 Rahdik

Rahdik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

With the LK weapons released (along with the update on the stat changes) I've put together a BiS list for Mutilate that assumes you can do 25 man hard modes. Professions are JC/Engineering.

Gems: Stark in red sockets, Quick in everything else
Estimated DPS: 13542.3

The estimated DPS seems incredibly low compared to other classes NOW and yet nothing I do can get it any higher. I see Mages and DKS very close to that number already.

#1348 Speaker

Speaker

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

I seemed to have some problems with the Deathbringer's Will last night. In raid, with full raid buffs the agi proc would frequently increase my agi by 0. This was not the case 100% of the time, but seemed true for 4 times out of the 5 i looked at my stats. I've also heard from a shaman in my guild that he has gotten 1200 haste from the haste proc, but i've never actually seen it happen.

Has anyone else experienced this bug? would this make another trinket such as TiaJ, deaths choice, or whispering fanged skull a better choice?

Edit: I just thought that I should say something and hopefully someone can get some testing on this on target dummies or in raid, and see if they find similar results.

#1349 Tinwhisker

Tinwhisker

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1032 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:07 PM

Has anyone else experienced this bug? would this make another trinket such as TiaJ, deaths choice, or whispering fanged skull a better choice?

Were you wearing one of the perfumes from the "Love is in the Air" event that give extra stats? In more than one case and for more than one class those buffs have been shown to go so far as to make some abilities unusable. I've stopped using them on all my characters as they've proven to be highly problematic.

#1350 Speaker

Speaker

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:26 PM

I was using the cologne, yes, hopefully that fixes it.

#1351 turbozmike

turbozmike

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Im running into the situation where Im so low on DKP priority in my guild that people will be getting heroic teir gear before I even get sanctafied. This is making me wonder, and I did spreadsheet this out, if I wouldnt be better off not using ANY tier gear. A non heroic item setup is extreemly close in dps, less than 2% to the 2pc and it doesnt require me to TOTT to get the full dps benifit. In my situation at least I would be able to get the regular drops much faster,
Using geist lords hat and blood soaked spaulders instead of the teir items. I would still have my darkmoon card along with my grim toll if it wasnt for the token trinket if that tells you anything.

Just wonder if anyone else is in a similar situation and how your dealing with it.

edit....
looks like once you go sanctafied it pulls a few hundred dps ahead.

#1352 Joigahdenn

Joigahdenn

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:55 PM

You should be using TotT fairly regularly anyway, as its a ~3% (or ~5% glyphed) DPS increase for another high dpser in your raid, which outweighs the loss you'll incur by using 15 energy on tricks. As such, getting the 2pc is really the best way to go.

#1353 soljahboy

soljahboy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:43 PM

With the LK weapons released (along with the update on the stat changes) I've put together a BiS list for Mutilate that assumes you can do 25 man hard modes. Professions are JC/Engineering.

Gems: Stark in red sockets, Quick in everything else
Estimated DPS: 13542.3

The estimated DPS seems incredibly low compared to other classes NOW and yet nothing I do can get it any higher. I see Mages and DKS very close to that number already.

Check out Mavana's BiS list, it at around 13700 dps I believe with combat not too far behind. As far mages and DK's dps it's all situational, there are some encounters in which they will always do good maybe better than rogues. Like ranged bosses or adds.

#1354 Sebastionleo

Sebastionleo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hopefully there will be one or two 277 pieces for bracer/boots/neck/belt from the ruby sanctum so we aren't forced to use as much armor pen gear. As it stands it looks like we'll at least get a second 277 trinket option for mutilate. They may even be lich king quality, judging by the blue post on MMO:

"You're likely to find some random pieces of armor on par with Lich King loot, similar to the items Onyxia dropped while Trial of the Crusader was the top-tier raid. You can also expect to see some more trinkets and things of that nature."

#1355 Sebastionleo

Sebastionleo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:23 AM

At the very least we should have another heroic trinket for mutilate. In the blue post about ruby sanctum loot it mentions a heroic trinket with a 1472 AP proc. Even the normal mode proc is better than 264 WFS proc.

# Item - Chamber of Aspects 25 Melee Trinket - When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1304 attack power for 15 sec. (Piercing Twilight)
# Item - Chamber of Aspects 25 Heroic Melee Trinket - When you deal damage you have a chance to gain 1472 attack power for 15 sec.

As long as the passive bonus isn't exp or armor pen it'll be better than WFS, since crit strike rating is really our worst option between haste hit crit ap and agi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users