• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1647 replies to this topic

#1641 boogiepop

boogiepop

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:27 AM

Does anyone open up with Ambush? or is that just a bad idea compared to pre potting

#1642 Eustache

Eustache

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

Does anyone open up with Ambush? or is that just a bad idea compared to pre potting

Depends on the fight. On some, you can prepot and stealth with a macro and THEN ambush (Saurfang comes to mind). I still prefer opening with garrote as mutilate whenever possible simply because I "tested" other openers and sometimes, you lose a couple of seconds of HfB because a bleed isn't up instantly.

#1643 Hildegard

Hildegard

King Hippo

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

Assuming a bleed would be up, Mutilate seems like the best choice because of the additional poison proc or did I get this wrong?
Hildegard Sprigglespruxx - Arena Junkies Content Editor
AJ - Facebook - Twitter - Reddit - youTube

#1644 Redrúm

Redrúm

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:05 PM

So i have been thinking of this for a bit. And i came to one question concerning the prepot idea. If your raid were to BL about 10sec into the pull, you would only be getting a minor uptime of your pot while lusted. Now if you were to not prepot but instead use a pot while BL is up for maximum uptime would it out damage a prepot?

What im really asking is [(Prepot)+(BL)+(Later Pot)] vs [(Pot+BL)]

*This is all placed in the first 1min of a fight where a pot is still on cd.

I think this question is a little more worthy than it first appears, though I do agree that 2x 500 haste (even if the 1st isn't with ideal buffs) is the better way to go.

An enormous source of Mut. damage is from poisons (obviously), but if we look at when those poison procs. occur, it's largely b/c of the Envenom buff. Barring impossibly good RNG, it's not possible to keep Envenom up 100% of the time... outside of Hero., at least. The first thing that needs to be taken into consideration is the multiplicative nature of Hero. (which is the case, unless what I've read is incorrect), wherein 500 haste rating is effectively more than that ([haste %*1.3]+30%). At this point, does relentless strikes (and this question will be largely gear dependent) generate enough additional energy to allow for 100% Envenom uptime? If it does, the additional Mutilates w. Envenom up will generate a significant amount of poison damage that wouldn't exist w/out Pot+Hero. Enough damage that, just maybe, because of Hero's multiplicative nature and the potential to push for 100% Envenom uptime the comparison is marginal.

Because of this, I do find definite value to potting during Hero, though not enough to warrant ceasing to pre-pot.

Sadly, I'm still running DBW as one of my trinks., though potting during 2/3 DBW buffs is a worthwhile use in most cases.

#1645 Tinwhisker

Tinwhisker

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

• Sindragosa -> ahhahahahahaha

Actually, pre-potting and re-stealthing on Sindragosa is impossibly easy. You're are not put into combat and the aura doesn't start until she actually lands. Simply mount up on the stairs and ride to where your guild fights her (mine goes to the opposite side) if yours fights on the stairs simply don't mount. When you're in position, simply stealth to start the Overkill buff and open on your choice of moves when she lands. Even though we fight her on the far side, I always have several seconds where I'm standing around waiting for her to land in front of me in which I can stealth/tricks/pot/etc.

#1646 Deadlywizard234

Deadlywizard234

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:47 AM

Is it ever ok to use the elixir of armor piercing (+45 armor pen) over the flask of endless rage?

Even if you were ideally geared, the EP you get with 45 ArmPen would never come close to comparing to 180 AP. I am a tiny bit conflicted though, because my guild leader seems so sure of this (and he is ideally geared and seems knowledgable on his class). Is he just plain wrong on this one, or would there be gear combinations or boss situations where this would be optimal?

EDIT: Ok, now my guildmaster says dps doesn't matter. Damage matters.

What is he talking about? What is the difference between DPS and damage?

#1647 Vinn

Vinn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

Using Aldriana's spreadsheet; at 1382 ArP, I find that ArP has a value of 3.1193 ep, which makes elixir's ep value 45x3.1191=140.3685 ep; so it is around 40 ep below Flask of Endless Rage even near ArP cap.

So unless you want to get a benefit of a guardian elixir; flask is always better.

#1648 ieatpaperbag

ieatpaperbag

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:22 PM

This is a little beside the point but you would not want to use an ArP elixir at 1382 rating since you would only benefit from 18 of the 45 ArP rating (the cap is 1400 rating). To get the maximum benefit of an elixir of armor piercing, you should have 1355 rating or less. At 1355 rating, the EP of ArP will be lower then it is at 1382 rating so regardless, a flask is always better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users