• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2923 replies to this topic

#21 landsoul

landsoul

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:01 PM

Never knew that was even in the game. This will be an interesting card to add. Sometimes you will have more agility than strength, because there are good mail and leather items, and also because there is Mongoose in the absence of Berserking. However I do believe that you will be able to choose between 90 STR and 90 Agility. I do see on wowhead that it is a 35% chance proc trigger spell, undoubtedly with a 45 second ICD.

There's a lot of talk on wowhead about this card right now, whether or not you can use the 90 str and 90 agi simultaneously, or even if you could, would the procs stack? That would be pretty rediculously awesome. I'd want to wait until some actual usable data/comments come out with it from the inscriptors after the actual Darkmoon event.

#22 Wolvynskye

Wolvynskye

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:43 PM

My alt rogue is an inscriber and this was a bitch to get a deck done. I was lucky enough to team up with a few other inscribers to make a full deck by trading cards of ones we had too many of. I am working on a second deck and have most of the cards for it. The worse part is random cards come out since there is 4 new decks in northrend and the materials are hard to come across without blowing a bunch of cash on the AH.

I am leaning toward the idea that the cooldowns will be shared, but it would be crazy good for a double proc; we shall see. I am going to try to finish another deck with the passive 90 agility for my tanking set, so I will get an opportunity to try them both together, being I finish the deck and I am not tempted to sell it since I am already getting 8k gold offers for my completed deck.

Nevermind, I just noticed on the tooltip its unique equipped, so there goes that idea of a double proc

#23 landsoul

landsoul

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:27 PM

The idea is that they are different items, one being strength and the other bring agility. They are not the same item therefore you could equip both.

#24 Senjion

Senjion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:54 PM

The idea is that they are different items, one being strength and the other bring agility. They are not the same item therefore you could equip both.

They share the same Name "Darkmoon Card: Greatness" and have a Unique-Equipped distinction. I am going to guess that you cannot equip more than one flavor of card.

Also: Has anyone tested to see if the quest can even be accepted more than once? After it is completed and you attempt to accept the quest again, there is the possibility that it will say "You have already completed this quest."

#25 landsoul

landsoul

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:28 PM

I did some reformulating of my weapon enchant uptime formulas. I updated them to the 1-(1-p)^(dv) model shown in the Proc Mechanics Thinktank. That incorporates the idea that self-refreshing buffs overlap their uptimes. THis will be in the upcoming build. Can anyone get a hold of some of the answers to "questions needing answered" please?

#26 IggyMac

IggyMac

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

Landsoul, is there anyway you could rearrange the items chart in the next version?

Given that they're tiled out horizontally rather then vertically, if you want an different item in any particular slot you get a blank line in the across the rest of the slots (inserting a row). Hopefully you get what I mean. Given that this is very much a beta to test it I'd like to put in the items I currently have access to (most of which aren't present yet).

Edit:
Possibly a different tab for each item slot might be in order. I know it's a pain, but it could be the way to go.

#27 LodeRunner

LodeRunner

Just an excitable boy

• Guild Members
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:37 PM

Can anyone get a hold of some of the answers to "questions needing answered" please?

As far as the different race stats, is this a simple matter of getting naked and writing down stats? If so, I can probably get Horde races for you tonight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#28 landsoul

landsoul

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:39 PM

No, I have no idea what you are talking about. What is not included that you only have access to? If you want a different item in any slot you go to Set1 and change what item you wear if its different than what I am wearing. It gives you a drop down menu and you find your item.

Anyways, important update/build is up. Changes on the front page you can read them.

Edit: Yes Lode that would be hot. Please also make sure to record base attack power.

#29 IggyMac

IggyMac

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

No, I have no idea what you are talking about. What is not included that you only have access to? If you want a different item in any slot you go to Set1 and change what item you wear if its different than what I am wearing. It gives you a drop down menu and you find your item.

No no. What I'm saying is that it's a pain to insert a NEW item that isn't in the list (there were plenty of missing ones when I DL'd it earlier today), just because of the layout of the item tab.

#30 landsoul

landsoul

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:54 AM

What item are you missing? Its fairly easy to insert an item you just put it there in the list!

#31 Freddie

Freddie

Not quite a walrus

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:57 AM

is the only item I've noticed missing in my limited testing.

#32 Morsexy

Morsexy

Banned

• Banned
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:36 AM

300 Whirlwinds with Berserking in offhand and zero procs.

#33 DarkS

DarkS

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

Undead Race Base stats @ 80:

STR 173
AGI 111
STA 160
Base Health: 9541

#34 Vhad

Vhad

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:25 PM

300 Whirlwinds with Berserking in offhand and zero procs.

How are we to interpret this and how did you conduct that test? Not that it can't be true, but would be nice if you could elaborate.
What!?

#35 Senjion

Senjion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:03 PM

Landsoul, is there anyway you could rearrange the items chart in the next version?

Given that they're tiled out horizontally rather then vertically, if you want an different item in any particular slot you get a blank line in the across the rest of the slots (inserting a row). Hopefully you get what I mean. Given that this is very much a beta to test it I'd like to put in the items I currently have access to (most of which aren't present yet).

Edit:
Possibly a different tab for each item slot might be in order. I know it's a pain, but it could be the way to go.

Instead of inserting a new row, highlight the cells at the bottom of that category and Insert, it will ask if you want to move the cells down or otherwise, choose down.

#36 ebs2002

ebs2002

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:17 PM

When inserting and selecting my gear, I **frequently** get the #N/A bug (using both 2003 and 2007 excel sheets).

Is there something else I need to do besides selecting the cells and choosing "insert"?

My steps: Go through each item, and when one isn't listed (I'm still in some quest greens, for example), I highlight the bottom cells for plate in that section, choose "insert", and go back to the set and select the item. Almost without fail, I do not get to my full gear before this breaks somewhere.

I can upload a version of my broken spreadsheet if that would help diagnose the issue.

#37 Senjion

Senjion

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:36 PM

When inserting and selecting my gear, I **frequently** get the #N/A bug (using both 2003 and 2007 excel sheets).

Is there something else I need to do besides selecting the cells and choosing "insert"?

My steps: Go through each item, and when one isn't listed (I'm still in some quest greens, for example), I highlight the bottom cells for plate in that section, choose "insert", and go back to the set and select the item. Almost without fail, I do not get to my full gear before this breaks somewhere.

I can upload a version of my broken spreadsheet if that would help diagnose the issue.

When you are entering your gear are you copying the Raw SEP Formula from another cell and pasting it into that column? I have added quite a few items to the sheet thus far with no issues. It may help if you upload what you are doing (along with some flags to point to the changes) so that it can be looked at.

#38 ebs2002

ebs2002

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:39 PM

When you are entering your gear are you copying the Raw SEP Formula from another cell and pasting it into that column? I have added quite a few items to the sheet thus far with no issues. It may help if you upload what you are doing (along with some flags to point to the changes) so that it can be looked at.

No, I'm filling-down the raw SEP lookup.

As to at least one possible cause, I just found a few bugs. The VLookup in the Gearsets Array for the following enchants are off:

Head (no "None") -- this is probably what was causing my issue before, although there may be other places as well
Shoulders (range is way off)
Hands (range is off-by-one, doesn't read "none")

There are probably also range-checking issues in the gearstats array for items as well (which may be related to my problem)...I'll try to be more observant as I'm populating it this time.

#39 ebs2002

ebs2002

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:07 PM

I was able to successfully populate everything now (after fixing the enchantment lookups locally). Maybe those are the only errors (as I haven't enchanted a lot of my stuff yet). Will post if I find anything else.

#40 Morsexy

Morsexy

Banned

• Banned
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:49 PM

How are we to interpret this and how did you conduct that test? Not that it can't be true, but would be nice if you could elaborate.

Sure. Over a period of about 90 minutes I killed the fire elementals southeast in Winters Grasp with my main hand as enchanted with mongoose. My offhand my enchanted with Berserking.

I would build up to 100 rage with a different off hand ( so zero chance to proc Berserking ) and then I would find a mob and only WW him down. No other specials, no other white hand hits\crits. If I did something wrong please tell me, and I would doubt this is the final word as Mongoose procd much less than I was accustomed to seeing, but that could have been the general time between attacks that I stood there getting beat on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users