• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Tuftears

Tuftears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:06 AM

Update: added EoV, EoC, and EoT items, and Trial of the Champion normal/heroic. For brevity, I am listing Alliance versions of items, rather than doubling the number of added items with Horde-named versions, so Horde druids will need to take that into account - specifically, Malfurion's vs Runetotem's T9-232 set items.

Note: at this time I do not include cloth in this list, but cloth pieces are well worth picking up for a resto druid just beginning to gear up. My thought was that this list serves as a shopping list - things that you're especially going out of your way to get. For instance, EoT items are listed here because you can get two a day from the daily heroic.

Head:

Spirit:
/ 75 EoTs
/ 50 EoTs
/ 58 EoCs (Crown of the Wayward Vanquisher)
/ Trial of the Champion(N)
/ Trollgore, Drak'tharon Keep (N)
(BOE) / LW rare craft
/ Prince Keleseth, Utgarde Keep(H)
/ Anomalus, Nexus(H)

MP5:
/ BOP Engineering 400
/ Kirin Tor (honored)

Chest:

- 50 EoTs
- 58 EoCs (Breastplate of the Wayward Vanquisher)
- 80 EoHs (Chestguard of the Lost Vanquisher)
(BOE) / Ulduar(H)
(BOE) / LW rare craft
, Q: Battle at Valhalas: Final Challenge (Icecrown)
/ Anub'arak, Azjol-Nerub (H)
(BOE) / LW rare craft
(BOE) / trash, Utgarde Pinnacle (H)
(80 EoHs)

Shoulders:

/ 45 EoTs
/ 30 EoTs
/ 60 EoVs (Mantle of the Lost Vanquisher)
(BOE) / Sartharion, Obsidian Sanctum(H)
/ Hadronox, Azjol-Nerub (N)
(BOE) / LW rare craft
/ Svala Sorrowgrave, Utgarde Pinnacle(H)

Legs:

- 75 EoVs (Legplates of the Lost Vanquisher)
- 50 EoTs
/ 39 EoCs
/ Trial of the Champion(H)
/ Q: The Iron Colossus (Storm Peaks)
(BOE) / LW rare craft
/ Herald Volazj, Ahn'kahet(H)
(BOE) / LW epic craft

Boots:

(BOE) / Leatherworking, requires Runed Orbs (Ulduar)
(BOE) / Patchwerk, Naxxramas(H)
/ 40 EoVs
(BOE) / trash, Drak'tharon Keep
(BOE) / LW rare craft
(BOE) / LW rare craft
/ Gal'darah, Gundrak(H)
(BOE) / LW epic craft

Gloves:

/ 30 EoTs
/ 28 EoCs
/ 60 EoHs (Gloves of the Lost Vanquisher)
(BOE) / LW rare craft
/ Hadronox, Azjol-Nerub(H)
(60 EoHs)

Belts:

/ 28 EoCs
(BOE) / LW, requires Runed Orbs (Ulduar)
/ Argent Tournament, Alliance, 10 Champion's Seals
/ Argent Tournament. Horde, 10 Champion's Seals
/ Argent Tournament. Horde, 10 Champion's Seals
/ Q: Light within the Darkness (Icecrown)
(BOE) / LW rare craft
/ Volkhan, Halls of Lightning(H)
- Kirin Tor exalted
(40 EoHs)

Bracers:

(BOE) / General Vezax, Ulduar
(BOE) / 60 EoVs
(BOE) / Grobbulus, Naxxramas
(BOE) / LW rare craft
/ Ebon Blade (Revered)
/ King Dred, Drak'tharon Keep(H)
/ Mal'ganis, CoT(H)

Rings:

Spirit:
- 8500g for , 1250g to upgrade to
- 25 EoVs
, 1250g to upgrade to this ring
/ Moragg, Violet Hold
/ Q: For Posterity (Gundrak)
/ Maiden of Grief, Halls of Stone (N)
/ Meathook, CoT (H)
/ Prophet Tharon'ja, Drak'tharon Keep(H)

MP5:
- 25 EoVs
/ Q: Search and Rescue (Drak'tharon Keep)
(BOE) / world drop
/ trash, Oculus(H)

Haste:
- Argent Crusade exalted

Necklaces:

Spirit:
/ 19 EoCs
/ Argent Tournament, Horde, 10 Champion's Seals
/ Drakos the Interrogator, Oculus (N)
/ Loken, Halls of Lightning (N)
/ Salramm the Fleshcrafter, CoT(H)
/ Zuramat, Violet Hold(H)
(BOE) / trash, Utgarde Keep(H)
- 25 Emblems of Heroism *

* (while it has +hit, which is wasted itemization, the other stats are very useful)

MP5:
/ 19 EoCs
/ Novos the Summoner, Drak'tharon (N)
/ Q: The Admiral Revealed (Icecrown)
/ Maiden of Grief, Halls of Stone (N)
/ Anomalus, Nexus (H)
(25 EoHs)

Cloaks:

Spirit:
/ 25 EoVs
/ Q: Prisoner of War, Nexus
(BOE) / trash, Drak'tharon Keep
/ Moorabi, Gundrak(H)
/ Jedoga Shadowseeker, Ahn'kahet (H)

MP5:
/ 25 EoVs
/ Jedoga Shadowseeker, Ahn'khaet (N)
/ Q: The Fate of Bloodbane (Icecrown)
/ Gortok Palehoof, Utgarde Pinnacle (N)
/ Tailoring epic craft

Trinkets:

Spellpower:
/ Mal'ganis, CoT (N)
(40 EoHs)
/ BOE world drop
/ BOP, requires 400 alchemy

Spirit:
/ Q: Mysteries of the Infinite, Redux (Dragonblight)
/ Prophet Tharon'ja, Drak'tharon Keep (H)

Int:

MP5:
/ Q: Return to Atuik (Howling Fjord)
/ Q: The Jig is Up (Howling Fjord)
/ Q: The Last Line of Defense (Icecrown)
/ Ionar, Halls of Lightning (H)

Haste:
/ Sjonnir the Ironshaper, Halls of Stone (N)

Weapons:

Two-handed Weapons:

/ Chrono-Lord Epoch, CoT(N)
/ Ley-Guardian Eregos, The Oculus(N)
/ Skadi, Utgarde Keep(H)
/ Herald Volazj, Ahn'kahet(H)
/ Ley-Guardian Eregos, The Oculus(H)

One-Handed Weapons, Spirit:

/ Argent Tournament, Alliance, 25 Champion's Seals
/ Argent Tournament, Hored, 25 Champion's Seals
/ Skadi the Ruthless, Utgarde Pinnacle(H)

One-Handed Weapons, MP5:

/ Q: The Champion of Anguish, Zul'Drak
/ Q: Tirion's Gambit, Icecrown
/ Salramm the Fleshcrafter, CoT: Stratholme(H)
/ Keristrasza, Nexus(H)

Offhands:

Spirit:

- 25 Emblems of Heroism
(BOE) - trash, Violet Hold(H)
- Salramm the Fleshcrafter, Cot: Stratholme(N)

MP5:

- trash, Oculus(H)

Idols:

- 25 EoTs
- 19 EoCs
- 25 EoVs
- 15 EoHs
upstart feline miscreant (32 feral/9 resto)

#2 zxmeiji

zxmeiji

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:50 AM

so what stats are we looking at from the high and low end in order to start doing raids?

#3 Tuftears

Tuftears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:57 AM

I can tell you that after I get in some raid experience. In general, the expectation is that you can start doing raids once you have ilevel 187 blues in each slot, a little more or a little less won't hurt.

Leatherworkers can produce a full set of armor (Overcast) provided you have a large supply of leather and eternal water. There's a little wasted itemization on resilience of course. In addition, if you're willing to spend a little more on the frozen orbs and eternal water and life required, high-level leatherworkers can produce epic legs and boots, plus you can pick up a variety of BOE pieces from the AH. It's never been so easy to prepare for raids, provided you have money.

#4 Rubyka

Rubyka

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:21 AM

Is it bad form to go cloth?

I'm kind of a fan of from the Halls of Stone questline.

#5 Gurth

Gurth

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

There is no cons on going cloth for pve. You may like a bit of extra armor (even considering ToL bonus) when going 5 mans but is such a small bonus in survivability that can be easly outplayed.

In fact there quite a few very good resto druid cloth items out there.

#6 Thrinde

Thrinde

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 10:29 AM

some good faction rewards and vendor items are missing:

- Argent Crusade exalted
- Kirin Tor exalted

- 25 Emblems of Heroism
- 25 Emblems of Heroism

#7 Dimachaeri

Dimachaeri

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:26 AM

some good faction rewards and vendor items are missing:
- 25 Emblems of Heroism

Anything with hit rating isn't considered resto gear.

#8 Tecton

Tecton

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3951 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:35 AM

It's actually a reasonably good resto piece, if you look at the stats, more or less on par with the healing badge neck. From memory, you lose a bit of in combat regen and 0.74% crit in return for more healing and a chunk of spirit. It's not as ridiculous a choice as it seems, with the small benefit of being a good offset piece.

[edit] If the hit rating was removed entirely without changing the stats, it'd be on the list as an option as it's barely different from the other badge neck. Throwing on your blinkers just because it has some hit on it doesn't contribute to the discussion. [/edit]

#9 Dimachaeri

Dimachaeri

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

It's actually a reasonably good resto piece, if you look at the stats, more or less on par with the healing badge neck. From memory, you lose a bit of in combat regen and 0.74% crit in return for more healing and a chunk of spirit. It's not as ridiculous a choice as it seems, with the small benefit of being a good offset piece.

Honestly, I have to disagree. The item is pretty comparable to blue gear pieces that drop from heroics, such as . I could understand getting an epic item with hit if it comes between DEing/vendoring and equipping, or if it comes from a faction vendor that you just happen to have high rep with, but for an item that costs badges, it seems like an awful waste.

#10 Nienkei

Nienkei

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:48 PM

Honestly, I have to disagree. The item is pretty comparable to blue gear pieces that drop from heroics, such as . I could understand getting an epic item with hit if it comes between DEing/vendoring and equipping, or if it comes from a faction vendor that you just happen to have high rep with, but for an item that costs badges, it seems like an awful waste.

The sheer amount of badges one gets right now if they try is what puts the item on the list for me. My first day of turning 80 I retired with something akin to 32 badges just from that night. If you wish to avoid buying your tier gear (since it will drop) there's truly a lack of things to buy. Even avoiding it I've now got most of my moonkin, resto, and feral badge gear and am back up to almost 60 badges.

So yes, while it does come from badges its badges that are amazingly simple to get, and with limited other returns.

#11 Tuftears

Tuftears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:27 AM

Added Thrinde's recommendations. Noticed that I forgot to put weapons and offhands on the list. Silly me.

#12 ninor

ninor

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:20 PM

As far as badge belts go, I prefer over .

#13 Maradun

Maradun

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

How about this craftable cloak:
Mats are:
  • 5x
  • 6x
  • 4x
  • 1x
  • 1x
Ive just started raiding so I don't know if its that good due to missing spirit.

#14 Rhaegal

Rhaegal

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

I also opted for the cloth badge belt. I know mp5 is generally not a great stat for the item budget, but I'd rather have a little of it when it comes with a little more spirit and by eliminating crit rating, which I care even less about. I'm not sure if Tuftears wants to add cloth to his list though. If so, I'd be happy to suggest some cloth items from heroics I've picked up that are comparable to, and in some cases better than, the leather alternatives.

The is pretty nice. It certainly doesn't have anything on the OO5SR regen on , but the I5SR regen is better, it has more spellpower, and more secondary stats. I ended up having it made because it's a guaranteed equivalent-ish piece of gear, and it got a friend a point in tailoring. :D
Stand back! I'm going to try SCIENCE!

#15 Silkworm

Silkworm

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:58 PM

I have saved up this item in my bank for raid use . In Wowhead there is some debate on how its obtained but I'm pretty sure I received it as a quest reward (ally side). I tested it solo and works pretty decent. 222 spirit proc and solid 50 SP is nothing to sneer at and together with our old it promises to solve a lot of mana problems. Since alchemy trinket is not very useful anymore, solid mp5 or such spirit on proc or use trinkets look more promising, as they can be used or they can proc more than once in any given fight, giving a more mana value than %40 more mana on a single pot. I thought you might add it to pre-raid gear.
Also another good item is . Its pretty solid with 46 int and spellpower bonus and easily available as a quest reward.

#16 Dimachaeri

Dimachaeri

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:43 PM

I have saved up this item in my bank for raid use . In Wowhead there is some debate on how its obtained but I'm pretty sure I received it as a quest reward (ally side). I tested it solo and works pretty decent. 222 spirit proc and solid 50 SP is nothing to sneer at and together with our old it promises to solve a lot of mana problems. Since alchemy trinket is not very useful anymore, solid mp5 or such spirit on proc or use trinkets look more promising, as they can be used or they can proc more than once in any given fight, giving a more mana value than %40 more mana on a single pot. I thought you might add it to pre-raid gear.
Also another good item is . Its pretty solid with 46 int and spellpower bonus and easily available as a quest reward.

Just wait until you get and the spirit version of . That's a peak of 810 spirit if you were curious.

#17 kywirelessguy

kywirelessguy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:41 PM

I made a wowhead filter that I think covers all the weapons we would be rolling on. I made some assumptions because I don't remember, but I don't think druids can wear polearms or swords and can wear fist weapons. These are Non-pvp non-hit rating items that are rare or better. I also removed anything with resilience on it. The hateful stuff pops up as pve since it can be obtained through badges.

Weapons - Items - World of Warcraft

Should be sorted by iLevel. I picked up the other night. Not ideal by any means, but it was a huge jump over the 300ish spell power staff I was using.

#18 kywirelessguy

kywirelessguy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:54 PM

Follow up. Looking through the list it appears

Will be about the easiest to get when you're considering time invested / RNG / quality of the piece

Its only 6 saronite bars, 6 titansteel bars, and 2 frozen orbs. Seems pretty reasonable to me, and what you lack in spirit and mp5 on the item is more than made up for by the 490 spell damage. Unless of course you're one of those lucky enough to be farming Kel'Thuzad on heroic mode already ;)

#19 Khadr

Khadr

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:02 PM

As far as badge belts go, I prefer over .

I'm wondering this one as well. The cloth one has MP5, More spirit. The Leather belt appears poorly itemized for both Resto and Boomkin. I'm at a loss as to why someone would recommend the leather one over the cloth one. Am I missing something here?

Also, how does compare? Lack of spirit, but the rest of the stats appear very competitive to the chest items you have listed.

#20 Rhaegal

Rhaegal

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

The Kirin Tor chest is surprisingly good. I'd rate it over the rest on the list up to the T7 one, though the heroic UP one on the list is very good. With two in the T7.10 chest, have the 11 less spell power (due to the spirit on T7), same haste, 9 more int, and 26 mp5 vs. 85 spirit on the T7 piece. I actually hadn't realized they were so close until now, and as much as I'd rather have 85 spirit than 26 mp5, I think I'll wait on the drop instead of blowing 80 badges on such a marginal upgrade.
Stand back! I'm going to try SCIENCE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users