• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 Tuftears

Tuftears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:34 AM

I added a bunch of weapons and off-hands. I've been consciously skipping items that have only int/spirit/spellpower, though - just concentrating on items that offer int/sta/spirit/spellpower, or MP5 in place of spirit. As I see it, there are going to be few places where we can freely sacrifice stamina for regeneration. Do people feel that I should cover the items that omit one or two of the primary stats?

I'm waffling on the cloth subject. Taking cloth into consideration doubles the size of the 'search set' that I'd have to cover - it would be easier to just link to a priest 'pre-raid healing gear list'.
upstart feline miscreant (32 feral/9 resto)

#22 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:36 AM

Just use the 'best' stuff pre-raiding which comes from Heroics/crafting/vendors then?

Level <78 blues are rarely going to be any use unless there is nothing to take their slot from when you hit 80.
It shouldn't even be that much of an issue as Heroics tend to be started as soon as you ding 80 regardless.

#23 Spazmo

Spazmo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:13 AM

I got from Gal'darah in heroic Gundrak the other night which seem very competitve with what's on the list so far.

#24 Nitz

Nitz

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:54 AM

doesn't exist in game yet Rhaegal.

#25 Syracruz

Syracruz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:02 AM

Anyone have any thoughts on red/yellow gems? I was thinking mostly straight sp, since the pretty much whichever option of gear you choose, you're going to end up with quite a bit of int.

#26 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4,054 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:30 PM

While raiding with Replenishment Intellect is superior to Spirit in terms of regeneration in a pure MP5 conversion*.
Thus if you would socket Spi/SP in a blue slot, there should be nothing stopping you from using Int/SP in a yellow slot.

* this does not factor in large amounts of time in the OO5SR which will eventually make Spi come out in front (I assume, haven't mathed it yet).

#27 Rototoro

Rototoro

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:57 AM

wondering why is not in this list? it's about the same as - 7 more int, 8 less sp, 32 spi instead of 20 mp5.

#28 Tuftears

Tuftears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

Added and ! Thanks for the heads-up.

Also, I won't update with a new post after simple additions, so if any more gear suggestions for pre-raid restos come in, they'll get silently added in.
upstart feline miscreant (32 feral/9 resto)

#29 Moopies

Moopies

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:51 AM

I myself use the . Which is quite easily obtainable (The Wyrmrest Accord, Revered) and even though it is cloth, has some decent stats on it and of course the socket.
And may the Earth Mother guide you on your travels and bring you home safely.

#30 Noleta

Noleta

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:12 PM

I just picked up . It's not as good as , but it's maybe an upgrade to .

#31 Beefdefender

Beefdefender

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

location correction - two are mixed up - the band of enchanted growth is occulus and the dragon prow neck is UK trash

#32 marcex

marcex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 08:30 AM

Hey,
I wend trough most of the items suggested your thread and compiled a list of what i think is easiest to get in the shortest amount of time. I'm very eager to start raiding :D
Head:
Chest:
Shoulders:
Legs
Boots:
Gloves:
Belt:
Bracers:
Necklace:
Cloaks:
Weapon:

Anyone have any recommendations of anything that i should change? Would really appreciate your input.
Breathing since 1988

#33 Yamigarasu

Yamigarasu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 01:35 PM

In my opinion falls short of its kinds the best helm for a while that i have seen.
And can be replaced with and that can be socketed with +SP and +spirt gem >:D

#34 clawface

clawface

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 12:24 AM

I'm having Trouble deciding which helm is better to wear as i got BOTH.

[Helm of Anomalus] Helm of Anomalus

OR

[Cowl of Winged Fear] Cowl of Winged Fear

According to the comparison its Gains/Losses are as follows.

Gains (Cowl of Winged Fear)
8 Intellect
54 Stamina
36 Crit (1%)

Gains (Helm of Anomalus)
17 Spirit
199 Armor
4 Spell Power

Thank you guys! Reallllly appreciated! :D

#35 calderstrake

calderstrake

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:00 AM

I would have to say it depends on the encounter. If there is a lot of raid damage (including you) and/or movement, I would say is better because you have more stamina as a cushion and you won't miss the lower Spi since you will be moving around allowing for more OO5SR regen.

If it is simply standing still and healing pretty much non-stop, I would say is better.

The principles behind these choices can be used with future gear as well. In fact, this is the basis most people use when they fashion mana intensive gear sets vs raw healing power sets. As you progress even further, you may decide to enchant the gear differently with Spi or MP5 enchants instead of Spell Power on a few pieces.

#36 Alamein

Alamein

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

Be aware, the is getting nerfed in 3.0.8, losing 16 INT and 32 Crit. The current version is heavily overbudget, so it's not surprising.

#37 VicieusLH

VicieusLH

Banned

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

Im afraid you overlooked something.

I know, I know, I know. It's cloth, but look at that spirit int and spell power. Almost Identical to the which are more of a pain to get/craft.

#38 Hazoic

Hazoic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

[Mantle of Deceit] H Cot - Dark Runed Chest at the end, although cloth compares well to [Overcast Spaulders] dropping the resil and some armor for:

+20 Int
+6 Sta
+8 Spi
+8 Spell Power

#39 will9000

will9000

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

With the new pole arms skill added, are there any pole arms that might be considered for the weapons list?

#40 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

With the new pole arms skill added, are there any pole arms that might be considered for the weapons list?

I couldn't find any polearms with spellpower. Only three (BC greens) had Int > 10.

If you find yourself going feral to use Swipe, there are some choices. That isn't really mainstream Resto behavior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users