51 replies to this topic

#41 Protto

Protto

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:02 AM

Is it bad form to go cloth?

I'm kind of a fan of from the Halls of Stone questline.

In 5 mans and heroics, it is fairly difficult to find a decent healing set that is full leather. As long as you are not taking cloth from a cloth-only class, I would assume that since a lot of the cloth pieces have the itemization that Resto druids need, you will be fine. Just remember that the mage, warlock, or priest in your group may get frustrated if you roll on a lower armor proficiency.

When you move into 10-25 man raids, it is best to just get leather. At this content, leather gear that druids need is abundant, and you will have no problem getting a set.

#42 b14d3

b14d3

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:21 AM

I'd like to point out that there are some old world (vanilla WoW) trinkets that do happen to be amazing for efficiency.

Personally, I'm willing to sacrifice the trinket slot for Darkmoon Card: Blue Dragon - Item - World of Warcraft

Since I'm casting instant cast spells a majority of the time, it ends up being up fairly often, increasing mp5 by a lot, although I don't have exact numbers. There have been times when this has been insanely useful.

#43 pfunny

pfunny

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

Sorry if I'm a little bit off here, but I'm new to druid. I noticed as I was looking through heroic drops on WoWhead that a lot of times there were two items that were almost identical, the main difference being that one would have spirit and one would have crit rating. I've healed several heroics so far and never had mana issues. However, I know that 5 man encounters don't last as long as raid encounters. With that in mind, I ask you this; I have the talent that puts a healing seed on your target when you crit heal them, so I've been focusing on more crit rating. Would it be a good idea to get rid of that talent for a reduced mana cost talent or something and focus more on spi than crit?

#44 Isambaard

Isambaard

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 3,259 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:19 PM

Living Seed will largely be proccing off spells which you are talented for crit bonuses on and thus the effective crit rate on them comes primarily from those talents. This weakens the benefit of crit vs spirit even if all the spirit gives you is spellpower in tree form.

Heroic regen is, as you state, largely a non-issue and even in Naxx it largely isn't one. If you intend to jump into Ulduar or raid 10mans without replenishment you will want to have some extra spirit gear around to help keep your regen high enough.

#45 Arthian

Arthian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:04 AM

Drops from the final boss of H Oc could maybe be added to the list for bracers. Largely the same stats as the leather ones that drop in CoS but with haste instead of crit.

#46 Manny

Manny

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:32 PM

drops off Anub'arak. Maybe geared a little more for dps casters, but still a nice pre-raid piece.

#47 Tuftears

Tuftears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:25 PM

Thanks, I have added the . I have also gone back and added the Argent Tournament healer-useful gear, and the BOE items purchasable from raids.

I have not as yet added the PVP-obtained healer gear, as this is a lengthy list.
upstart feline miscreant (32 feral/9 resto)

#48 Tuftears

Tuftears

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:38 AM

I've added the items purchasable with EoVs, EoCs, and EOTs, also the loot from Trial of the Champion normal and heroic.

Still blandly ignoring the PVP gear and cloth. I expect that young resto druids perusing this guide will be mainly interested in running instances and heroics to get their gear, so cloth gear to fill in slots will appear as a substitute, but not as their targeted 'best in slot before raids' items. PVP is... A different kind of grind, with its own rules.

Edit: also added the .
upstart feline miscreant (32 feral/9 resto)

#49 Dynatos

Dynatos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

I just want to point out a cloak you overlooked:

/ 25 EoVs

Edit: Also note that is now a BoE world drop. Your list still refers to it as BoP.

#50 Hatesfury

Hatesfury

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:34 AM

Nice list Tuft

My reccomendations: (sorry they're not linked, im at work)

Gloves: Touch of the occult - haste - 28 EoC (better than their leather counterpart especially if not soft-capped on haste)

Rings: Renewal of Life - Crit - 25 EoV
Band of channeled magic - Haste - 25 EoV

Neck: Frozen tears of ellune - Mp5 - 19 EoC
Evokers Charm - Haste - 19 EoC

Cloak: Cloak of Kea Feathers - haste & mp5 - 25 EoV

The rings are MUCH better than those on this list, the cloak is better than the rest as well. The gloves are a matter of choice (if you're haste capped or not), the neck is going ot be based on need.

#51 Izmak

Izmak

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:01 AM

I finally dinged 80 on my Druid in the early hours of this morning.

Having read through the pre-raid gear thread, I'm debating whether I am (almost) ready for Heroics (and thus Naxx-10) for further gearing up.

The Character in question is: The World of Warcraft Armory

I'm waiting for a crafter to come only so I can pick up Boots of Wintry Endurance.

As getting non-Heroic instance runs together (with the exception of TotC 5-man) is next to impossible on my current realm, does anybody have any significant improvements to what I'm wearing currently (+ boots) before I venture into the realm of Heroics?

#52 razen

razen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

If you're 80, you're ready to do heroics. Just make sure you get a decent group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users