• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1318 replies to this topic

#1301 Kirbie44

Kirbie44

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

I would say the paladin having the lowest uptime also depends on whether the activates the proc, again more testing is needed before comments like that come up. Bear in mind that there are so few weapons for the paladin to pick up.

It doesn't of JoL, and he also mentioned that of HL Glyph it does not. Not trying to say you don't deserve it, as this is a great weapon for you, but the proc rate for Paladins for this has been super low (so far).

But, as much as blizzard is liking this whole proc on weapons deal, I think they may buff it to a PPM type of effect.
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

#1302 Ogbar

Ogbar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:36 PM

Pugged 25 TOC, I was about 29% of the total healing. Trauma amounted to 1.5% healing, not terrible but not great. Twins came out to 2.5% effective which I guess is best case scenario. The biggest problem with Trauma is the group restriction. Its horrible and unless blizzard changes the proc to be raid-wide I doubt anyone would use this over an arthas weapon. Most procs only hit 2-3 raid members and occasionally a pet.
Spell Detail:
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis
Log Events:

I must admit, your numbers are the most miserable I've seen, your players hit numbers are very bad. I'm thinking this is because I've been focusing on ICC parses where there are fewer fights that require the raid to spread.

Since the effectiveness of the mace is all determined by uptime and targets hit the fight mechanics are king, and evidence supports ToCs fights currently being worse for the mace than ICC. I'd strongly encourage folks to focus testing on ICC fights.

#1303 Arentios

Arentios

Wisdom as dump stat

•  Patrons
  • 6796 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 03:46 PM

You'd expect Trauma to be weaker in fights such as Beasts and Jaraxxus, which are largely healing trivial fights where most healers are simply sniping heals. Similarly with Anub where you really want to be healing as little as possible while still keeping people alive. Fights like these also lower the value of the sacrificed stats such as haste.

Better fights to analyze the full value of the proc are fights where healing is at a premium, such as Festergut, or some of the yet unreleased encoutners (and hard modes).

#1304 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11581 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:18 AM

Got this tonight, threw it on for Putricide, here's the parse:

Not sure how to go about testing this one in more detail. With Nibelung at least I could use a target dummy. Tomorrow I'll see if I can pick out anything interesting in the log.

e: healed for 239/240 each tick. So it's affected by Master Shapeshifter and Tree of Life aura (217*1.04*1.06=239.2).

e2: procs 3s apart. No ICD.

e3: hard to tell exactly, but I think I see around 25 procs. And there are just about 2500 HoT ticks in the fight. So maybe this isn't too complicated.

e4: It's hard to see how this could be at all good for any other class.

#1305 Kermit

Kermit

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:41 AM

I also picked up Trauma last night. It was the last kill for the day (except for some playing around in Ulduar that I don't have logs from). Like the above poster, I'm not sure how to go about testing it in more detail, but I can supply some logs from future raids if that helps. From what I could see yesterday it seems to add up to an average of about 2% of total healing done.

On another note - I noticed that only decreases crit on direct spells (ie, not HoT's). Did anyone try this together with the 4pc T9 bonus? I guess it would make a nice healer use-effect since all rejuvenations cast in those 20 seconds would have a massively increased critrate.

#1306 Arythorn

Arythorn

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

Full Trauma parse from ICC 25 last night for those that are interested. Didn't down Putricide but got him into P3 on 2 of the 5 attempts we made last night so you should get a reasonable view of that anyway. All others down.

Proc rate could be better but doesn't suck. Especially as more iLVL 264, 277 gear comes available, I'll be easily haste capped again I don't need haste on the weapon AND crit is next to useless this patch for Resto Druids . . so 2-3% additional healing is nice. Granted that % will go down as I get better gear / more sp but it may get buffed as well to compensate. Either way, it's still nice as is. Summary of results captioned below if you don't want to parse the log:

Marrowgar: 2.3% 24,315 net effective
Deathwhisper: 2.4% 13,063 net effective
Gunship -- who knows -- they still can't seem to isolate this fight
Saurfang -- 1.1% 7,030 net effective (spread highly limits proc on this)
Festergut -- 2.4% 97,688 net (clumping and aura fight -- sweet spot for Trauma)
Rotface -- 1.4% 40,252 net (some clumping on this fight but not an aura fight)
Putricide -- 2.1% 159,255 (partial clumping and aura fight)
Trash -- 2.3% 160,962 (some clumping and aura, decimates, etc.)

Overall 2.1% 553,496 net effective

Also, if you look at the Putricide pulls in particular, one of our Paladins picked up the mace from Rotface on this night and was using it for that encounter. For the five attempts, it pulled 0.6% of their healing -- 42,194 net effective.

EDITED: because Paladin's have too damn many "of Light" effects and I misread one line up.

#1307 Ogbar

Ogbar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

So I've been trying to nail down the hps for the proc, and since its fight specific I had been trying to run the numbers by fight. I'm not happy with the results because of lack of data so I though I'd ask for help. I've created the below form and spreadsheet to catalog the fountain of light effect on the various ICC fights in an effort to get a solid HPS number per fight. I've already entered the information from hamlets log above. If you use trauma in a fight it'd be appreciated if you filled out the form for your logs. If that's too much to ask PMing me the log link to enter myself certainly works.

Form
Trauma

Results
http://spreadsheets....l3dUtzN2c&hl=en

#1308 Carebare

Carebare

::stare::

• Members
  • 5200 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:10 PM

I was going to hold off until next week so I could give a full parse, but since this seems to be pretty actively investigated here is our Putricide 25N. I tend to be a very aggressive healer, so I am interested to see how I can do on a fight that may better accommodate the weapon. 3% on Putricide seems pretty decent though.
i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

#1309 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11581 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

Just going down your log as I did mine, looks like around 35 procs (this isn't an exact science, I'm just running down the log counting applications of the aura to people, trying to group them together by timestamp). And you have around 2900 total heals. Pretty consistent with the idea of a 1% proc rate on any heal.

This all jives with what GC implied here: MMO-Champion BlueTracker - Trauma sucks. . Except that he implied that Paladins and Holy Priests provide a similar number of "heals" as we do over the course of a fight, which isn't even close to true.

----

I tried throwing a basic model of the proc into TreeCalcs. At roughly 3 targets/proc average (which is around what I saw in both my log and Carebare's), the raw healing increase is surprisingly close to the 2% people are tending to see. For replacing the 2 secondary stats in one item slot, 2% is probably around what you'd expect--you can't justify anything too much stronger than that (for comparision, increasing throughput by 2% would take around 100 spellpower). I was just hoping it would be stronger for us because it would be balanced to be more useful for everyone, and we have the advantage of all the HoT ticks. Instead it's mediocre for us, but probably better than any other weapon, and seemingly pointless for any other class.

#1310 Ogbar

Ogbar

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:29 PM

At this point I've entered the data for all of the logs currently posted into this thread (so please don't). I'd suggest scrolling to the right and looking at the averages, sample size is still small for everything but Putricide (30 samples) which shows an average of 124.7 ehps and 280 hps from the proc.

#1311 Feya

Feya

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:24 AM

Hamlet, I agree with you. It does seem pointless for other classes if only due to the nature of the sheer number of casts we are putting out. Yet, however, it is one of the highest spellpower single hand weapons out there with available content and as such Disc priests and the like will be going after it.

While I was initially hoping for a more powerful proc its obvious that a 2% increase is likely to be a better tradeoff then the stats other similarly iLVL gear would provide. Its just at first glance seems like it wouldn't be ;)

I was noticing with Skada that all of my fights (and I fail to see anyway to reproduce the stats here that Skada was reporting to me) the FoL proc was getting over 75% overheal ratings. If you drag your mouse over the individual heal breakdown in Skada the tooltip will report; "max hit" and "overheal %". I saw nothing under the 75% overhealing throughout all ICC encounters. I conceed this may be as the result of a near flawless run last night with near perfect execution and almost zero residual raid damage on the vast majority of fights. Not an ideal circumstance for my healing numbers ;)

#1312 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11581 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:36 AM

What's our normal overhealing, even at a healing-intensive fight? Mine in that Putricide I linked was 72%:
FoL actually did better than average.

Festergut 64%: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Trauma overhealing at 75% isn't markedly different from our usual behavior. We output seriously silly amounts of raw healing.

For contrast, Twins 42%: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis . I bet Trauma will perform correspondingly better there as well.

#1313 malthrin

malthrin

stalemate associate

•  Benefactors
  • 9107 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:13 PM

Nope:

Our Valanyr tree died early (Heaviside), so the Trauma tree (Gel) was carrying the bulk of the raid healing. Pretty disappointing results on the proc. Lower overhealing on the proc, but the lower overhealing of everything else dwarfed it by comparison.
Lampkin in EJBSG 28 | Anders in EJBSG 24 | Cavil in EJBSG 20
Boomer in EJBSG 19 | Roslin in EJBSG 17 | Roslin in EJBSG 13 | Roslin in EJBSG 8
MTG Online draft viewer

#1314 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11581 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:49 PM

Lower overhealing on the proc, but the lower overhealing of everything else dwarfed it by comparison.

How? I see 31% overheal from the proc, 29% on heals overall. Both substantially lower than anything else we've been seeing. This seems to support what I said--that overheal ratio from the proc will slide up and down correspondingly with overhealing from our heals generally.

#1315 malthrin

malthrin

stalemate associate

•  Benefactors
  • 9107 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

Yeah, and the net result of that is that the proc was only 1.3% of total healing. It looks better in high-overhealing scenarios than it actually is due to the fast ticks.
Lampkin in EJBSG 28 | Anders in EJBSG 24 | Cavil in EJBSG 20
Boomer in EJBSG 19 | Roslin in EJBSG 17 | Roslin in EJBSG 13 | Roslin in EJBSG 8
MTG Online draft viewer

#1316 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11581 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

Yeah, and the net result of that is that the proc was only 1.3% of total healing. It looks better in high-overhealing scenarios than it actually is due to the fast ticks.

That could just be unlucky procs though. Looks like around 10 procs, and he has 2200 heals.

I mean, a ratio is ratio--if the overhealing% of the proc moves with the overhealing% of other heals, it will remain a constant percentage of total healing.

e: Revitalize does proc on the Abomination.

#1317 Arythorn

Arythorn

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

Hi guys,

Did anybody already test to heal the Abo for the Professor encounter and check if revitalize proc on the Abo?
Is it consider as a bug exploit?

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind of a strange place for this question in terms of sub-forum but the answer is yes.

See this log from last night Putricide 10 showing the ticks gained: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

For what it's worth this log also shows Trauma in 10s action through ICC and Heroic ToC. As expected, benefit dropped a bit from the 2.1% I saw in 25 down to 1.4% in 10.

#1318 Drane

Drane

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:32 AM

Off-topic from the Trauma discussion, but does it seem weird that Professor's Bloodied Smock - Item - World of Warcraft has only a 5 spellpower bonus? Not that I'm complaining (just got it last night) but I dont think I've seen an item in the last two tiers of content that has a 5 spellpower bonus with 2 sockets, only 7. Maybe I'm just crazy.

#1319 Playered

Playered

Soda Popinski

• Members
  • 4054 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:58 AM

Off-topic from the Trauma discussion, but does it seem weird that Professor's Bloodied Smock - Item - World of Warcraft has only a 5 spellpower bonus? Not that I'm complaining (just got it last night) but I dont think I've seen an item in the last two tiers of content that has a 5 spellpower bonus with 2 sockets, only 7. Maybe I'm just crazy.

You have not looked hard enough at all then (Star-beaded Clutch and Belt of Arctic Life to name two) and I believe it tended to be if our leather variant had red+x socket colors we had only 5 while cloth tended to have have less red sockets but rewarded with a +7 bonus. It could also have been if there was a small deviance in the item base stats but it was a long time ago that I looked or cared much about that minor difference once we got fairly equal itemization elsewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users