• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#81 wilfan

wilfan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:55 PM

Well, there is and , but they're AFAIK on no vendors in the game. Personally, I'm running with when LHW spamming is needed.

#82 willem11

willem11

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:21 PM

If one can't reach 2030 to acquire the pvp LHW totems what would be the next best option? Totem of the Plains - Item - World of Warcraft or Totem of the Thunderhead - Item - World of Warcraft still worthwhile? Or am I missing something that's hands down better from WoTLk?

owns the if you happen to still have it.

#83 sovelis41

sovelis41

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:36 PM

owns the if you happen to still have it.

Unless I'm missing something, it's only a 1 spell power difference which isn't really enough to say it "owns" the blue version more shamans are likely to have.
You pay for the whole chair, but you only need the edge.

#84 Jorja

Jorja

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:08 AM

So they'll nerf the water shield proc for LHW spam, anyone has dome real numbers? I had to agree it gained me like my total mana pool over a boss fight, which is too much tbh, but I hope it won't change the way I have to be geared for single target healing :s

#85 Lintra

Lintra

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:40 PM

Intellect
Int is the best all around stat for any shaman healer. You want to gem for int more or less regardless of your playstyle as long as you have any concerns about mana. 100 Int grants (assuming BoK):

• 1815 increase in your mana pool
  • 20.4 mp5 from replenishment with a 90% uptime
  • 7.25 mp5 from Mana Tide on cooldown (435 mana per tide)
  • 36.3 SP to heals
  • .726% crit

Overall very good stuff. I am, however, a bit confused at the 100 int = 36.3 SP to heals. Currently the talent (Nature's Blessing I believe) shows 'Increases healing by an amount equal to 15% of your Int", or somesuch. With kings that would be 16.5%. I looked through this thread pretty carefully to see if I'd missed anything, but I am human and therefore make errors. I am not normally resto - but spec into it as needed, and I recall *thinking* it was 33% ... has it changed since this was written, or am I missing something else?

#86 Nagisamuro

Nagisamuro

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

Int:SP

Patch 3.0.2 changed Nature's Blessing from 10/20/30% Bonus Healing to 5/10/15% Spell Power in keeping with the unification of spell damage/healing.

The TTT has it different, and (I think) correct:

1) Ancestral Knowledge (AK) now affects Intellect so each point of Intellect is really 1.1
2) Shaman now have talents that boost crits or proc on crits
3) Nature's Blessing converts up to 15% of your Intellect into Spellpower
4) Mana restored from Mana Tide is based on your maximum mana
5) Replenishment is based on your maximum mana

10 Intellect = 6 mp5 if you have a 5-minute fight with Mana Tide and 100% uptime from Replenishment.
10 Intellect also gives 3.3 crit rating and 1.8 spell power

So, (100 Int * (10% From BoK + 10% from Ancestral Knowledge)) * 15% conversion rate from Nature's Blessing = 18 SP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users