• Please log in to reply
357 replies to this topic

#341 Sorean

Sorean

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

I am hoping to get a little clarification here since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

Past research and findings indicated that Focused Aim did not affect a pet's ability to hit which was causing a DPS loss for the pet.

The current patch notes state:

All pets now receive 40% of their master's resilience and 100% of their master's spell penetration. In addition, if a player is at their appropriate spell hit chance or hit chance maximum, their pet will be at the maximum for spell hit chance, hit chance, and expertise. If they are below the maximum, their pet will be proportionately below those maximums.

Am I to assume that Focused Aim will now properly scale to the pet as well?

Does this make obtaining hit cap through any means (gear + talents) no different vs. the old method of obtaining hit cap through gear only?

#342 Lupius

Lupius

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

The Focused Aim issue was fixed several patches ago. The newest patch simply scaled expertise for pets.

#343 Ktharsis

Ktharsis

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

Has the rounding issue been fixed, or does a 99.99% chance to hit for the hunter still translate into a 99.0% chance for the pet to hit?

#344 Zeel

Zeel

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:52 AM

According to DPS Spreadsheet this issue has not been fixed.

Still there was a blue post about patch changes that stated:

In addition, if a player is at their appropriate spell hit chance or hit chance maximum, their pet will be at the maximum for spell hit chance, hit chance, and expertise. If they are below the maximum, their pet will be proportionately below those maximums.

This leads to conclusion that Blizzard's conception of "proportionately" differs from the commonly accepted one.

#345 Silentcow

Silentcow

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:13 AM

Has the rounding issue been fixed, or does a 99.99% chance to hit for the hunter still translate into a 99.0% chance for the pet to hit?

Afaik it is not fixed.
So 7,99% hit rating for you is 7% for your pet.

#346 Rathenel

Rathenel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:12 PM

Has anyone done testing to verify that Focused Aim is transferring hit to pets after the 3.2 and 3.2A patch? I'm seeing pet misses unless I actually hit cap myself as if I had no points in the talent.

#347 arlen

arlen

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

Has anyone done testing to verify that Focused Aim is transferring hit to pets after the 3.2 and 3.2A patch? I'm seeing pet misses unless I actually hit cap myself as if I had no points in the talent.

Just tested for 30 minutes with 7% hit from gear and one point in Focused Aim, pet never missed. So yes Focused Aim is still transferring to pets.

#348 promdates

promdates

King Beard

•  Patrons
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

Did you notice if your pet had any dodges while doing the test? That's the big situation. Perhaps trying it with 6%+2pts, and 5%+3pts and seeing if the numbers still line up that Focused Aim is actually giving expertise. Believe that was the issue people were having a page or so back.
BNet: promdates#1460

#349 arlen

arlen

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

Did you notice if your pet had any dodges while doing the test? That's the big situation. Perhaps trying it with 6%+2pts, and 5%+3pts and seeing if the numbers still line up that Focused Aim is actually giving expertise. Believe that was the issue people were having a page or so back.

Yes my pet was still dodged. Need to be hit capped from gear/gems in order for your pet to be expertise capped. Here's a link to last nights Iron Council log showing my pet was dodged twice with 7.32% hit from gear and one point in Focused Aim. World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

#350 Darkstryder

Darkstryder

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 03:09 PM

Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory

Last night I won Reckoning which boosted my haste which is great for survival in making your shot rot tighter with faster Steady shot, but the problem is I lose hit and crit from Twisted Visage.

1)How should I make the hit back 2x 34 hit gems?
2)Try to go for these Windrunner's Spaulders of Triumph
3)Get Shard of the Crystal Heart and be over hit cap and not worry about hit again

*I'm just really stuck on best way to get hit even though the sheet should using twisted visage still being more dps even with option 2 & 3 I think haste would be better than 1.5% crit I could be wrong but any insight would be helpful thank you

#351 Ossian666

Ossian666

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:15 PM

I also had dodges on my WWS reports. So if focused aim is not adding expertise to pets does that mean the Heroic Presence 1% hit does not apply as well?

#352 grim4o4

grim4o4

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

I don't have any evidence to back this up, but I would say more than likely the random dodges are coming from pets attacking from the front of the boss a couple times during the encounter, from running in or the tank moving the boss. Again, I don't have an evidence, but with so few dodges it seems more likely that it is probably just slow pet AI.

#353 Tsook

Tsook

chiefly comprised of water

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:56 PM

If your pet is expertise capped (i.e. you are hit capped), he shouldn't see dodges whether he's in front or behind a mob. He might still encounter parries if he happens to attack from the front or too far forward on the side, though.

It used to be that some mobs/bosses had higher defense and therefore had higher dodge and parry chances, but I think that was all normalized some time ago.

#354 promdates

promdates

King Beard

•  Patrons
  • 3,602 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:07 PM

I don't have any evidence to back this up, but I would say more than likely the random dodges are coming from pets attacking from the front of the boss a couple times during the encounter, from running in or the tank moving the boss. Again, I don't have an evidence, but with so few dodges it seems more likely that it is probably just slow pet AI.

Whatever site you could use to check the logs shows Parry, Dodge, and Miss. If not, check out another site.
BNet: promdates#1460

#355 Ossian666

Ossian666

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

This is an example of dodges on a fairly straight forward fight. Sure its not a lot but every point counts if it can be helped.

#356 Har

Har

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:26 PM

Bugs
While hunter hit rating from gear will pass expertise to the pet as planned, the Draenei hit aura does not, and the focused aim talent does not seem to be passing as much as it should.

Zeherah has tested this and it is still the case. If it changes, I'll update the first post.

#357 Ossian666

Ossian666

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

I've been looking over my WWS reports and all the reports are dead on my hit percent for their dodges with pets. All of the misses on my reports are dodges and it breaks down to a solid 2% when I was sitting at 6.01% without a draenai and 1 point in Focused Aim. I'm guessing that the percent hit you are short is directly translating into their expertise prior to talents and Heroic Presence.

#358 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:20 PM

Ran tests on the latest PTR to see if they'd addressed the focused aim problem but no such luck.

7% hit + 1 pt in focused aim, should have 0 dodges instead I got:
melee - 7/2019
bite - 7/1631

14/3650: .38% dodge

Normally 1% hit should correspond to about .8% dodge. This is consistent with my tests on PTR before 3.2's release which found that focused aim seemed to be giving about half the expected benefit to expertise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users