• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2207 replies to this topic

#2201 katze

katze

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

I was wondering if someone could explain to me how Sudden Death Executes are calculated with the bonus rage.

I am assuming in my explanation, from what you said, that you are specced into Improved Execute.
The execute begins with a base rage cost of 10. As the tooltip says, it uses up to 30 rage total (as opposed to 30 extra rage). So, you have 30 rage used, a base cost of 10, and 20 extra rage being converted into damage. Now, with the glyph, it adds the equivalent bonus damage of 10 rage. So you have, in the end, a 30 total rage cost, a base cost of 10 rage, and bonus damage from 30 rage. Without Improved Execute, this becomes 30 rage total, a base cost of 15, and bonus damage from 25 rage.

#2202 Grygus

Grygus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:54 PM

Also, my next question is, would it be better to use the SD execute disregarding how much rage you have (so long as its >10 of course), or to try to use it at >41 rage to get the full bonus damage from rage? In other words, is the bonus damage efficient in terms of rage per damage, or better to use low-cost executes and spend rage more efficiently?

Bonus Rage is converted to damage at a pretty terrible rate; as far as Damage/Rage goes, the less spent on Execute the better. I doubt the extra damage from Deep Wounds on a large hit would make up for that, but I might be wrong there.

As for MS vs. Execute, WoL shows my average Execute hitting for virtually the same damage as Mortal Strike, so since Execute costs less Rage and can trigger a quick GCD, I prioritize Execute over Mortal Strike except when I'm trying to maintain the Mortal Strike debuff, e.g., on Saurfang. Another reason given to prioritize differently is the Execute bug that sometimes leaves you unable to use both moves unless you MS first. I have tried it both ways and did not see a large difference in DPS; raid buffs seem to be a lot more important.

#2203 Miloh

Miloh

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:51 PM

Bonus Rage is converted to damage at a pretty terrible rate; as far as Damage/Rage goes, the less spent on Execute the better. I doubt the extra damage from Deep Wounds on a large hit would make up for that, but I might be wrong there.

As for MS vs. Execute, WoL shows my average Execute hitting for virtually the same damage as Mortal Strike, so since Execute costs less Rage and can trigger a quick GCD, I prioritize Execute over Mortal Strike except when I'm trying to maintain the Mortal Strike debuff, e.g., on Saurfang.

Deep Wounds is based on Weapon Damage, and procs from critical hits. It is not affected by how much damage the critical hit inflicted--this is one of the reasons that using Thunderclap on only two targets is preferable to a Slam (assuming the targets have roughly equal "kill priority").

Your Mortal Strike and Execute may be doing roughly the same damage now, but this is variable with gear. Mortal Strike scales with Weapon Damage, while Execute scales with Attack Power. Upgrading from your 264 weapon to a 277 or 284 will see a greater increase in Mortal Strike damage (due to both Weapon Damage and added Stats) than in Execute damage (due to only the added Stats).

#2204 Ween

Ween

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:14 AM

Has anyone else noticed the green ooze do funny things on Heroic PP if you Bladestorm it?

Just as it spawns, i drop Sweeping Strikes & Bladestorm to maximise DPS on the ooze\PP, and swap to the ooze once the Bladestorm is over. I've noticed a few times now, it will target someone, the beam will link to them, but it will have me targetted and sit there doing nothing.

This is awesome, but i'm not sure if it's me causing it or not.

Anyone?

#2205 foopeemoa

foopeemoa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:46 PM

I've noticed that even on normal PP. They seem to have a regular threat table and if you overthreat the fixed value associated with their linked target, they target you and sit still.

#2206 Overpowa

Overpowa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

I have a question concerning where other arms warrior are prioritizing their 4pc bonus double SD procs. I currently use powerauras to notify myself of the proc, and prioritize it over everything but overpower from tfb or a dodged attack and re-applying rend after the last tick for tfb. I've also found that pairing the 1 sec gcd execute with overpower(which also has a 1 sec gcd) has provided a very noticable dps boost for me due to the burst potential it has.

The priority for me atm looks like this

Rend > overpower (dodge or tfb) > 4pc proc > mortal strike > execute > slam

#2207 damagedgoods

damagedgoods

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

I was wondering if an incite spec using unbridled wrath rather than improved slam would work better. This would give a little more rage which I seem to be low on in low raid damage fights. I was wondering if anyone had tried this change and what the results were before I possibly cause problems in a raid scenario.

#2208 Alexxcri

Alexxcri

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

You would most likely be getting even less rage since you would be pausing your white swing by another full second. Slam pauses your white swing so instead of pausing it 0.5 secs you would turn it into a 1.5 sec delay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users