• Please log in to reply
1672 replies to this topic

#41 Saphya

Saphya

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 06:15 PM

It would be nice if there was a option somewhere (maybe at the options->Character tab, plenty of room there) to manually add a bonus to your different stats (Spellpower, Hit, Crit, Haste, Int, Spirit) to account for unsupported stuff or just to try things out. That would be a lot easier than manually edit some Items.

#42 wyndchill

wyndchill

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:56 AM

The ghost hit is already factored in by Rawr...

Thank you. I had been looking for a option setting and didn't realize it was already taken into account.

I also have two minor issues with :

a. My shoulder enchant from the Wintergrasp shard vendor ( spellpower + resilence ) isnt being taken into account by rawr, and doesnt seem to be included in the drop down panel.

b. I also do not see a way of adding an eternal belt buckle slot to the belt itemization (no drop down panel at all).

Is there a way of manually adding these or will these things be added in a future version?

#43 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:41 AM

a. Yes, already in for the next version.

b. Yes, planned to be supported for the next version.
Rawr!

#44 manly

manly

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 07:42 AM

I think I found an error in the crit calculations of blizzard, coc, ae. Using a classic 0/53/18 build with 3/3 WIF, I get 53.30% FFB crit rate. That means 51.30% without the FFB glyph. Much to my surprise, the aforementioned spells display a crit rate of 48.30%, whereas I expected 51.30%, since they gain 6% crit from WIF/incineration, but lose 6% crit from not having critical mass apply to them. Perhaps you count pyromaniac as applying only to fire spells, whereas the spell description seems to indicate it applies to all schools ?
<Eej> YOU"RE GONNA PULL
<Eej> IF YOU SQUEEZE OFF ANOTHER ARCANE BLAST
<Spectear> You've obviously never played with Manly.
<Spectear> That's hardly a reason to stop DPS.
Very Manly Staff

#45 Kavan

Kavan

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

Actually I think Pyromaniac does apply to fire spells only. If you check its wording it is almost the same as for Arcane Focus and there we know both parts apply to arcane spells only.

#46 manly

manly

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:19 AM

I am working off the new pyromaniac description which uses 30% mana regen. Maybe it was a stealth buff that nobody picked up on ?
<Eej> YOU"RE GONNA PULL
<Eej> IF YOU SQUEEZE OFF ANOTHER ARCANE BLAST
<Spectear> You've obviously never played with Manly.
<Spectear> That's hardly a reason to stop DPS.
Very Manly Staff

#47 Roywyn

Roywyn

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 01:09 PM

Have Flame Cap calculations been removed from Rawr at some point?

I can't get Rawr to bring up sequences that include them at all.
Flame Caps are enabled at Options/Spells&Buffs, I even tried disabling all other cooldowns there.
Spec is set to Fire or Frostfire, level 80. Tried it with and without 3.0.8 mode.
Also tried selection some of the different options in Options/Advanced.

I always get cycles that include Wanding, FFB/FB/LB/Pyro combinations and Molten Fury/Combustion/Icy Veins.
But no consumables are used at all (all but Flame Caps are disabled anyway).
Disabling ore re-enabling Flame Caps under Options/Spells&Buffs doesn't change damage at all either.

Am I just being dense or are Flame Caps buggy at the moment?
Chaotic Meta Gems in Cataclysm: http://elitistjerks....p2/#post1794256

DPS spec and class comparison in Naxxramas gear: http://code.google.c...ki/SampleOutput
The Blue Bar and you - the complete Fire Mage 2.4 mana compendium: http://elitistjerks....0-post3191.html

And doesn't proc on AM.
Neither does since 3.1.

#48 Kavan

Kavan

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:26 PM

Am I just being dense or are Flame Caps buggy at the moment?

It is buggy in the live version. I noticed when you posted this in the other thread and investigated. It's fixed in dev version.

#49 IceCracker

IceCracker

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:39 PM

Two questions: First off, is there a way to adjust the value Rawr gives to a particular stat? I set my buffs and such up properly (or so I think) but I still get stupidly high values placed on MP5 in particular (it favors Int a little too much as well, but it's not as bad). Setting the fight length really low seems to help a little, but then it devalues on-use abilities from trinkets. The best way is if I could some how mark a setting to never show me anything with mp5 on it, period. That would solve the problem easily (since I would never take such an item), but it seems less than optimal. I'm really fed up with it telling me that Je'Tze's Bell and Winged Talisman are some of the best trinkets I could hope for. What really brings this issue to head are my attempts to discover what the best two trinkets are out of Sundial of the Exiled, Forge Ember, and Cannoneer's Fuselighter.

My second question is if there's an easy way to keep it from showing socketed items with pointless gem configurations. I really like how it can show me which gems would be better for a particular piece of gear, but it clutters up the comparisons chart with gear gemmed with strength gems, AP, etc.

Anyway, if anyone could shed some light on my problems, I'd greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: I forgot something: whenever I add an item (via an armory update) to the Rawr list of items, it doesn't show up in the comparison charts. Is there something I need to change somewhere?

#50 threep*

threep*

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:37 PM

Anyway, if anyone could shed some light on my problems, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've never seen AP or Str gems in the list, or the trinkets on top you mentioned. Just loaded your char into RAWR and it's perfectly fine.

Maybe you should just reinstall it, and try again.

#51 Raencloud

Raencloud

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

Ice, outside of generic things like make sure you are modeling the mage, check the fight duration, and make sure you select the correct buffs, there's not much else we can help you with to determine why it's valueing mp5 so high. Give us some of the specs you are inputting, like a rundown of your the stats (sp, haste, crit, mana pool, etc) and fight settings. Alternatively, you can select "unlimited mana" mode to ignore the problem.

As for the weird gemmings, they were in there for me too when I downloaded it, and I don't know why. I spent a little while going through all of them and deleting all the duplicates and then reduping only those items with yellow sockets in which I put 3 copies with the 3 different topaz gemmings. I haven't bothered using the optimizer (I assume it still works?) though, so if that's adding those weird gemmings back then I don't have an answer for you.

#52 nathanbp

nathanbp

Great Tiger

•  Patrons
  • 991 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:58 PM

As for the weird gemmings, they were in there for me too when I downloaded it, and I don't know why. I spent a little while going through all of them and deleting all the duplicates and then reduping only those items with yellow sockets in which I put 3 copies with the 3 different topaz gemmings. I haven't bothered using the optimizer (I assume it still works?) though, so if that's adding those weird gemmings back then I don't have an answer for you.

To fix Gemming, go to Tools...Set Default Gems for Equipment. Fill in as many different gemmings as you'd like (I usually make 1 set with all Runed Scarlet Rubies, and 1 set with matching socket colors), and check the Delete Non-Listed Gemmings options. This will quickly get you some reasonable gemmings.

#53 galzohar

galzohar

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:39 PM

I remember it being mentioned before sometime in the past, but I really think rawr should have some impossible to miss "oom" warning that will remind you to verify that your settings are realistic (assuming in most fights with a standard raid mages shouldn't go oom). It just happens too often when someone asks why does rawr suggest he gears int/spi.

#54 Spinhalf

Spinhalf

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:15 AM

Next thing to find out, which is almost the most important I think, is to figure out how much effective latency you have. Look at your tooltip in game to see the cast time of your spells after haste (or check in Rawr). Now go to WWS and click on browse log file. This will give you a list of all damage events you did. Take a large stretch where you're chaincasting and look how much time it took you to cast them. It's important to take a large stretch since there are quite some fluctuations in individual casts due to how combat log works. Now divide this total time by number of casts you did and compare to the tooltip cast time. The difference between the two is effective latency which you can enter in Rawr under Spells & Buffs. The default there is 0.05 second which is very low. Anything from 0.1-0.2 would still be considered normal. If it is anything more than that then you have serious trouble. This is called not pressing the button enough. Try some new casting methods, get some cast bar latency mods.

I wonder if it might be possible to write an ingame mod that would track latency in this fashion. Maybe the running average latency of one's primary nuke.

#55 asys

asys

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

Hello

while playing around with rawr.mage I came to be wondering about this option:

Spell Sensitivity - Amplify Magic (on target, not self)

Which supposedly are supposed to give me a 190dps boost... afaik Amplify magic cannot be casted on targets!?

#56 Enthorn

Enthorn

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

Asys, there is a search function for a reason. If you search this thread for "Amplify Magic" you will find your answer.

#57 asys

asys

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

Asys, there is a search function for a reason. If you search this thread for "Amplify Magic" you will find your answer.

Yes I did search, and did actually find a few threads but reading through all the hits was a bit much. But still this is a friendly buff and shouldn't be giving a mage 190 dps extra in the rawr.mage model then... should actually give 0. After searching just this thread I see that it says it's intended for healers.

Buggy module then ;)

#58 IceCracker

IceCracker

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

To fix Gemming, go to Tools...Set Default Gems for Equipment. Fill in as many different gemmings as you'd like (I usually make 1 set with all Runed Scarlet Rubies, and 1 set with matching socket colors), and check the Delete Non-Listed Gemmings options. This will quickly get you some reasonable gemmings.

This was perfect, thank you very much.

I've decided to just use Unlimited Mana, gonna bank on the fact that the devaluation of Int won't be too great to seriously skew results.

#59 Maje

Maje

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

Something interesting I noticed in rawr 2.1.5, I enabled Loatheb's 50% crit buff and checked the interaction with LB during the rotation. As I posted before LB under this conditions is a very very minor dps increase (around 0.25%), however, and here comes the interesting part LB with patch 3.0.8 is in fact a big one or rather the normal 3-4% buff over the ffbscpyro rotation.

I'm guessing the fact that LB will be able to proc hot streak is what changes the behaviour.

#60 Icos

Icos

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:15 AM

Rawr doesn't seem to be adding in the 3% hit from elemental precision for 57/3/11. Was this removed, or is rawr not working? I have 3.0.8 checked, and its telling me a veiled monarch topaz is better than a runed scarlet ruby, even though I should be 3% over the hitcap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users