3246 replies to this topic

#3241 calcrc

calcrc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:43 PM

Hello I have a question regarding pets.

Will a survival hunter benefit from dragonhawks ?

This is their new special.

Fire Breath [Special Ability]

40 yd range

Instant 30 sec cooldown

Breaths Fire on the target, increasing magic damage taken by 8% for 45 sec.

#3242 Tragos

Tragos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

Hello I have a question regarding pets.

This is their new special.

Fire Breath [Special Ability]

40 yd range

Instant 30 sec cooldown

Breaths Fire on the target, increasing magic damage taken by 8% for 45 sec.

Yes, however it doesn't stack with the debuff brought by warlocks, moonkins, assassination rogues or unholy DKs.

Probably should have posted that in the Sticky: Hunter: Simple Questions/Simple Answers Multi-page thread

#3243 Flunk

Flunk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:13 PM

Yes, explosive shot, arcane shot, serpent sting, black arrow, explosive trap and cobra shot are considered magical effects/damage (fire, arcane, nature, shadow), so yes: Dragonhawks will give another 8% to those abilities.

I still imagine for solo questing, Roar of Recovery (Cat/Spirit Beast) will most likely be the greatest single buff due to agility scaling all of your damage (including the fact that until your pet applies the debuff to the target, you are not gaining anything).

For raiding: Unholy DK, Moonkin, Assassination Rogue, or Warlock will apply the same type of debuff to the target. If you have none of these, Dragonhawk / Wind Serpent can be a good pet to bring out.

I'd suggest have a look through your standard raid (10/25) and see which buffs/debuffs are provided by regulars and which aren't... bring the irregular buffs/debuff pets to raid :)

WoW Petopia Community • View topic - Pet Usage Flowchart and Ability Spreadsheet has a good spreadsheet/flowchart to make sure you're covering the raid :)

#3244 Flunk

Flunk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:38 AM

If anyone hasn't noticed, Relentless Earthsiege Diamond is pretty much dead now. I've just thrown a Swift Skyflare Diamond (21 crit + movement) in my meta (1 red/2 yellow) and still have my 16 agility to boots.

Also: Nitro Boosts for some unknown reason have made their way from your feet to your belt. Remember to re-tinker that :)

Anyone interested too: Gezzarak the Huntress (Skettis Purple w/green stripes quest spawned Warp Stalker) is now tamable. Be quick with your Tame button. Traps don't work and she does a knock back every so often. I have 845 haste rating and just managed to get the tame off after the 3rd knockback.

#3245 Daebak

Daebak

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

If anyone hasn't noticed, Relentless Earthsiege Diamond is pretty much dead now. I've just thrown a Swift Skyflare Diamond (21 crit + movement) in my meta (1 red/2 yellow) and still have my 16 agility to boots.

I'd argue Thundering is a better choice as far as DPS gain this far into the expac with 21 crit rating being bleh. Thundering offers 480 haste/6seconds. Either way; based on the blue post it sounds like it's just a temporary thing, as they will indeed be reverting the relentless/chaotic requirements back to more red than blue.

DPS Meta Gem Change...Change it Back - Forums - World of Warcraft

#3246 Flunk

Flunk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, shortly after changing my meta (and making that post), I had a 2nd look at Thundering and switched to that. I'm glad Black Arrow is properly usable on single targets too :)

#3247 Narcosleepy

Narcosleepy

It's not you. Really. I hate everyone.

• ♦ Administrators
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:06 AM

In the interest of Cataclysm launching tonight we are going to close the current threads. I have sent a PM to the OP to see if they wish to continue their much appreciated work in the Cataclysm thread. In the meantime if you are interested in authoring the Cataclysm thread (or assisting) please send me a PM.
If this signature offends you please complain to the management.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users