• Please log in to reply
329 replies to this topic

#321 Sadirin

Sadirin

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

Does anyone else noticed a change in their threat generation? Same players, same raids/instances, same gear, same speak ... "different" bars in Omen. I feel like I am missing around 500 to 1000 TPS, but right now I didn´t make any specific tests. Does anyone else made the same experience or is it something for the ""Onyxia makes more deep breathes" department?

#322 charriu

charriu

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

Does anyone else noticed a change in their threat generation? Same players, same raids/instances, same gear, same speak ... "different" bars in Omen. I feel like I am missing around 500 to 1000 TPS, but right now I didn´t make any specific tests. Does anyone else made the same experience or is it something for the ""Onyxia makes more deep breathes" department?

The talent Savage Fury got "fixed" (was counting twice for mangle and not for rake), resulting in somewhat lower mangle damage. That may be at least part of the loss.

#323 Frdmfghtr

Frdmfghtr

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:32 AM

It looks like moonfire's animation was changed by the patch

#324 Balroth

Balroth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:48 AM

I definitely noticed a difference. I really wish I could put numbers on it but I'm unable to.

The first run we had post patch my dpsers immediately noticed that my threat was lower than usual and I agreed. AoE threat as well as single target threat. My dps hasn't even really gone down, just my threat so I don't expect that it's coming from the Mangle fix at all. I think they changed how much threat our spells generate but like I said, I don't have numbers to back it.

#325 Vaccine

Vaccine

Mr. Sandman

• Members
  • 5325 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

It looks like moonfire's animation was changed by the patch

It was, and its the best looking thing ever. I had to pot to shift on KT phase 2 as I'd spent all my mana spamming it on things in P1.
Posted Image

#326 Shamgarr

Shamgarr

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

I warn that this is personal speculation, but if true would definitely be important to know... I believe Protector of the Pack may be bugged.

Saturday night, we did some 10-man 3 drake attempts, and got quite well acquainted with the damage range of his breaths during the dangerous phase, as it was more than my HP (I use a very HP-heavy set).

Sunday night, we go back in with the same comp, and the breaths are hitting about 4k less. I'm not talking resists - I mean the total damage (landed+resist, no absorb). These numbers are from over the course of a few hours both nights, so while I regret not having any WWS proof to "confirm" this for anyone, I am least personally quite confident that something was causing a significant decrease in breath damage.

There was no downtime between Saturday and Sunday night, I had the same gear, group buffs. The only difference was Sunday afternoon, I respecced for PvP for the first time since the patch, then specced back to my tank spec for Sunday night's attempts. And suddenly was taking about 12% less damage from flame breath.

I'm concerned that with the change to Protector of the Pack's mechanics (no Guardian buff now), it may be bugged and not active until you unspec and respec it. I certainly would hate for this to be incorrect and scare anyone into wasting 50 gold, but if anyone has not respecced since the patch it may be informative to put on 0 resil and have someone DOT both them, and something with no spell damage reduction, to compare.

#327 Drashian

Drashian

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

I confirmed last night that (at least against a warlock's Corruption DoT) my Protector of the Pack was functioning properly - I took 12% less damage from the ticks when I shifted into bear form. I haven't respecced since the patch. So, it was at least not bugged for me. I'd like to see a few more people confirm or deny though, since 12% mitigation is a pretty big concern, and there could be other factors than respeccing that cause it to only happen to certain people.

#328 Blazefire

Blazefire

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

I warn that this is personal speculation, but if true would definitely be important to know... I believe Protector of the Pack may be bugged.

Saturday night, we did some 10-man 3 drake attempts, and got quite well acquainted with the damage range of his breaths during the dangerous phase, as it was more than my HP (I use a very HP-heavy set).

Sunday night, we go back in with the same comp, and the breaths are hitting about 4k less. I'm not talking resists - I mean the total damage (landed+resist, no absorb). These numbers are from over the course of a few hours both nights, so while I regret not having any WWS proof to "confirm" this for anyone, I am least personally quite confident that something was causing a significant decrease in breath damage.

There was no downtime between Saturday and Sunday night, I had the same gear, group buffs. The only difference was Sunday afternoon, I respecced for PvP for the first time since the patch, then specced back to my tank spec for Sunday night's attempts. And suddenly was taking about 12% less damage from flame breath.

I'm concerned that with the change to Protector of the Pack's mechanics (no Guardian buff now), it may be bugged and not active until you unspec and respec it. I certainly would hate for this to be incorrect and scare anyone into wasting 50 gold, but if anyone has not respecced since the patch it may be informative to put on 0 resil and have someone DOT both them, and something with no spell damage reduction, to compare.

I was working on OS10 last night and I didn't notice any reduction in damage at all. As of 3.0.8, we were experienceing a lot more MT deaths to 1 shot since you can longer twilight dance. I really wish they did increase our damage reduction because it sucks to have a great attemt end due to a 50k breath.

#329 Protto

Protto

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

* Wild Growth now has a 6 second cooldown.

This was a hit to AoE healing, but it really isn't that bad. Nothing a couple of LB's and Rejuv + SM can't help. People are exaggerating about this "huge nerf". I didn't want to go back to spamming one spell (LB in BC anyone?), and I don't think Blizzard wanted to either.

#330 Boevis

Boevis

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1284 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

It's not nearly as significant for druids as it was for priests because WG is a HoT while CoH was instant so for instance on Loatheb, you could precast WG 4 seconds before the aura wears off on one group of people, Nourish someone, and then WG a different group. I'm fairly certain (correct me if I'm wrong) that WG has a higher healing value than CoH, so on Sapphiron and Malygos Tornado, it's going to be superior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users