• This topic is locked This topic is locked
505 replies to this topic

#21 valheran

valheran

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:59 AM

I remember that in A-N, on first boss, my felhunter just charged, and I didnt even had her/it targeted...

#22 Curunarth

Curunarth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

I had the same problem on Krik'thir in Azjol-Nerub. After a given amount of time the next watcher-group seems to automatically focus a random(?) target. If you are the target and your pet is on defensive, it will attack the group. This will definitively not happen, if you switch your pet to passive.

#23 Kilmir

Kilmir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:07 PM

When Haunt, refreshes Corruption, it "rolls" it. So on Thaddius, if you refresh a Corruption that was cast when you didn't have any charges buffing you, you'll refresh that cast. If you had casted the Corruption while you had 10+ charges buffing you, then it would stay at the higher strength the entire fight. So I don't think this would be classified as a bug.

What is annoying is recasting Corruption. There's a few cases where you might want to do this (Thaddius charges, Malygos patches), but the game won't let you. Often when I try to manually recast Corruption I get a "A more powerful spell is already active." error, even though that isn't really the case. It doesn't seem to be calculating your buffs when it tries to guess which is more powerful. Therefore, it sometimes is beneficial to let Haunt and Corruption fall off for a brief time in order to recast a much stronger Corruption and roll it through the rest of the fight with Haunt.

Is it confirmed that Corruption is rolled now? I know we had a bug initially where a Haunt refreshed Corruption was recast with the old modifier of 96%. It seemed obvious that they would only fix the modifier and not the recasting of Corr on refresh.

I can't say much about the "A more powerful spell is already active" effect, though I can imagine that a previous one was cast with a trinket proc which you don't have on the recast. That would mean that percentage modifiers like Thadius' charges aren't calculated for the power comparison. That would be a bug then.

#24 tommtomm

tommtomm

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:20 PM

One thing that may help when reporting bugs is to list which glyphs you use. Since these are a new dynamic to the game, they could possibly be the culprit.

#25 Tinava

Tinava

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 06:10 PM

Has anyone else had problems with the imp going mad and pulling bosses ( although he's on passive/defensive)?

I've noticed this with my imp, specifically on the Gothik fight. As the adds spawn, he just starts casting even before the suckers have started moving, so he was basically tanking one for a short while (usually, resulting in his death). I noticed it on defensive, but not passive.

For reference, I do have the imp glyph.

#26 Faldrath

Faldrath

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:02 PM

I don't think that's a bug. My guess would be that on defensive, the imp only starts to attack once you get in a mob's threat table. With normal mobs, this usually means once you cast something on it. But bosses, I believe, automatically put everyone in the raid in their threat table, so if the pet is on defensive, it's going to attack. Easy solution, of course, is to keep it on passive.

Or I may be completely wrong.

#27 Morrigan

Morrigan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:25 PM

Is it confirmed that Corruption is rolled now? I know we had a bug initially where a Haunt refreshed Corruption was recast with the old modifier of 96%. It seemed obvious that they would only fix the modifier and not the recasting of Corr on refresh.

I can't say much about the "A more powerful spell is already active" effect, though I can imagine that a previous one was cast with a trinket proc which you don't have on the recast. That would mean that percentage modifiers like Thadius' charges aren't calculated for the power comparison. That would be a bug then.

Well, I did a few tests and this is how it works:

- Debuffs on the mob (specifically SE, Haunt, CoE) are calculated EVERY tick, so you get instant benefit when these are put on after your dots.
- +spellpower effects are calculated every time Corruption is refreshed, either directly or by Haunt, i.e. they do not "roll".
- You can not manually refresh a Corruption that was cast with a higher spell power value, which is the only thing that produces the "a more powerful spell is already active" message.
- +%damage effects (this includes Ferocious Inspiration as well as the Thaddius/Malygos buffs) are only calculated, when manually casting/refreshing the dot, NOT when Corr is refreshed by Haunt. That means you have to refresh your Corr on Thaddius as soon as you get your charges. If you can't, that's probably because you got a +spellpower trinket proc at the beginning.

#28 Seir

Seir

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:06 PM

I've noticed this with my imp, specifically on the Gothik fight. As the adds spawn, he just starts casting even before the suckers have started moving, so he was basically tanking one for a short while (usually, resulting in his death). I noticed it on defensive, but not passive.

For reference, I do have the imp glyph.

I've had this happen on heigan, my imp pulled heigan and we wiped, after the rez i resummoned him and he was on defensive.

He's only ever done this once so far though.

Not sure if that's what you mean.

#29 Tinava

Tinava

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

I've had this happen on heigan, my imp pulled heigan and we wiped, after the rez i resummoned him and he was on defensive.

He's only ever done this once so far though.

Not sure if that's what you mean.

I haven't had this happen on Heigan, it sounds like a different situation you are describing. With Gothik, on defensive, the imp will just autoattack the spawns as they pop up, regardless of whether I'm attacking a different one or if the previous wave is dead already. His fast-cast firebolt tends to hit before the adds get to the tank, which generally can get him killed.

#30 deadzepplin

deadzepplin

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

While I'm not sure if I would classify this as a bug, but a number of times I have briefly pulled aggro from the tank after he has pulled a pack of mobs with a ranged attack. Seeing as i am only standing there doing absolutely nothing when this happens, i can only assume that the healing effect of Fel Armor is generating healing threat.

While admittedly this has not caused a wipe since tanks are on the ball and it doesn't take much threat to pull them back, isn't this just an unnecessary complication caused by a passive spell on a player?

#31 fallenman

fallenman

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:02 PM

You're missing a huge bug on your list.

While I have not tested it very recently, the last patch introduced a bug with Corruption being refreshed by Everlasting Affliction. When EA refreshes corruption, it reverts the base coefficient from 120% back to the original 93.6%. It's actually a pretty huge bug in terms of DPS-loss. This should definitely be on the list.

3. Corruption: At times, even while Haunt is on the target, people are noticing Corr falling off the target for what seems to be no reason at all. This ends up having the same implications as the Immolate bug from above.

This isn't actually a bug. That's how EA works with corruption. If the duration of the spell is not long enough to get in another tick, it will truncate the spell. So, for example, if corruption ticks with 2.8 seconds left, it can't have another tick before expiring, so the DoT simply falls off.

#32 Nap

Nap

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

I haven't seen discussion on pet pathing, but it seems that pet pathing has reverted to where it was several patches before expansion. Specifically, when resolving drop offs (such as Gluth's sewer pipe entry or Thaddius' platform jump), pets will try to negotiate a walkable path rather than just drop with their owners.

This was fixed many, many patches ago but appears to have been broken again.

#33 Seir

Seir

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:06 AM

instant cast incinerates appear to use up a backdraft charge

I'd guess instant shadowbolts do also.

#34 Murkle

Murkle

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:55 AM

instant cast incinerates appear to use up a backdraft charge

I'd guess instant shadowbolts do also.

This probably isn't a bug. Just because it can't reduce the cast time further doesn't mean it should skip backdraft being applied to that spell.

#35 PSGarak

PSGarak

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:27 AM

Next patch, Backdraft is supposed to reduce the GCD as well. When that becomes the case, an instant Incinerate will still derive some benefit from Backlash, effectively 'fixing' the problem. It's sub-optimal use I suppose, but not a waste, and there are situations where you would want that to be the effect anyways. Currently, I would consider that not working as intended but expect no intermediate fix with the new change coming in soon.
Posted Image

#36 Zaleiria

Zaleiria

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:22 AM

I haven't seen discussion on pet pathing, but it seems that pet pathing has reverted to where it was several patches before expansion. Specifically, when resolving drop offs (such as Gluth's sewer pipe entry or Thaddius' platform jump), pets will try to negotiate a walkable path rather than just drop with their owners.

I've had a lot of mixed luck with this. Sometimes my pet jumps down with me (seemed to work in Gun'drak), but in other places, like Naxxaramas, my pet completely fails.

So, I wouldn't say it's completely broken, but instead that it was probably never completely fixed to start with.

#37 bambatsa

bambatsa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

Noticed that too, though in my case at Gluth's when i jump down i don't see my felguard.After i put it on passive and then attack again it appears next to me.
On Thaddius jump i always need to resummon it.

#38 Leshrac89

Leshrac89

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

What I do on those fights is running away from the pet (around 30-35 yards) then press Follow again and it respawns next to me.

#39 pghiocel

pghiocel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 07:21 PM

I noticed a spew of blue posts on the official ptr forums, I guess we should make posts there (1 post per bug), probably after verifying that the bugs still exist on the PTR.

#40 Waxar

Waxar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:22 PM

Just tested the Shadow Embrace bug on the 3.0.8 PTR and the issue still exists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users