• This topic is locked This topic is locked
505 replies to this topic

#41 Bergtau

Bergtau

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:24 AM

Noticed that too, though in my case at Gluth's when i jump down i don't see my felguard.After i put it on passive and then attack again it appears next to me.
On Thaddius jump i always need to resummon it.

It works for me when I use the Voidwalker, but nothing else. Really strange and extremely annoying on Gluth/Thaddius.

#42 pghiocel

pghiocel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 02:23 AM

So the SE bug is claimed fixed on PTR
World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> [Bug] Shadow Embrace

#43 Damphair

Damphair

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 05:13 AM

I had the same problem on Krik'thir in Azjol-Nerub. After a given amount of time the next watcher-group seems to automatically focus a random(?) target. If you are the target and your pet is on defensive, it will attack the group. This will definitively not happen, if you switch your pet to passive.

This has not been my experience. I've had 2 cases where my imp was re-set to Aggressive after dying to one of the 3 packs in first boss of Azjol-Nerub. I know this because my default set up is always passive to all my pets at all times. I send my pet in using ctrl-1, so there's no chance of miss-clicking during a fight that accidentally re-sets to Aggressive. I am afflic spec with no glyphs on pets.

#44 oresteez

oresteez

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

Noticed that too, though in my case at Gluth's when i jump down i don't see my felguard.After i put it on passive and then attack again it appears next to me.
On Thaddius jump i always need to resummon it.

Agreed...works ok on gluth, but i have to resummon on thaddius also...
probably best to just dismiss him, and then resummon him as soon as you stack up in front of thadd

#45 Tinava

Tinava

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:51 PM

probably best to just dismiss him, and then resummon him as soon as you stack up in front of thadd

Why do you bother dismissing? Just resummon.

#46 Guest_Akj_*

Guest_Akj_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:20 PM

Why do you bother dismissing? Just resummon.

Buffs are preserved when you dismiss & resummon.

#47 Nicarras

Nicarras

Keyboard Cowboy

• Members
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:23 PM

That's all well and good if you have fel dom, but otherwise I'm not wasting 8-10s resummoning a pet that got dismissed because pathing is broken...

#48 Ravelvan

Ravelvan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 07:46 PM

Buffs are preserved when you dismiss & resummon.

Buffs are also preserved when you just re-summon. I believe your pet has to actually die to lose it's buffs/debuffs.

That's all well and good if you have fel dom, but otherwise I'm not wasting 8-10s resummoning a pet that got dismissed because pathing is broken...

I've gotten into the habit of just jumping over to Thaddius before the first two mobs die so that I have plenty of time to re-summon before Thaddius activates.

#49 lhsansshade

lhsansshade

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:01 PM

When in demon form the Paladin spell Turn Evil is not removed by Will of the Forsaken.

#50 Kanndy

Kanndy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 08:28 PM

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I have the drain soul glyph, and it hasn't proc'd in over 8 weeks.

#51 Maels

Maels

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:27 PM

It procs once a week for me. It's just very rare. The only reason I can tell is I hear the soul shard spawning in my bag twice.

#52 JasoNintendo

JasoNintendo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:27 PM

This doesn't work 100% of the time, but on fights like Thaddius and Gluth where your pet doesn't have a path to walk on, try either clicking on 'follow' or macroing that and spamming it 3-5 times. Most of the time doing that ports the pet to your side, meaning you don't have to resummon.

#53 bdew

bdew

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

I have a macro that looks like
/petfollow
/petattack
/petfollow
/petattack
/petfollow
.... upto char limit ....

One click on that while targeting the boss is enough to get my stuck imp teleported to me.

When i was still raiding with felguard i had problems with Faerlina - he would simply ignore any order to attack her, but won't be stuck in place. What i did is to go inside melee range with her and tell him to cleave, after that he was attacking normally.

#54 dakalro

dakalro

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

Does anyone remember if Blizzard said anything definitive on Pandemic and what crit % it uses? Since as far as I noticed by browsing a few Naxx fights on WWS there's no affliction warlock getting a proc rate close to raid buffed crit %.

I used the first page of the Patchwerk top, Proc rate was 23.7% avg with 2 at 28% and 30% (both locks with a current raid buffed crit of around 36%), 1 at 15% and most under 25%. Had a total of 249 procs from 1047 ticks of Corr + UA.
All locks I looked at had 18% raid buffs except 1 who didn't have a ret paladin and not sure if the holy paladins provided the crit bonus, they probably did at least by JoW. It's nothing actually close to a reasonably accurate view but barring some decent amounts of contrary evidence I have a feeling there is something here.

Asking this since most affliction warlocks in some Naxx gear are probably around 17-18% crit with Brill + BoK and we should be seeing quite a few instances of 30%+ Pandemic proc rates. Not sure how much luck has to do with it since even with fewer casts I don't remember having this much bad luck on Shadow Bolt crit rate on something like Brutallus over the whole farming period.

#55 Jangro

Jangro

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

It's pretty clear from looking over my own wws reports that pandemic proccs are based off your crit chance in the character sheet. So Boomkin aura will affect it but Scorch/totem of wrath won't.

#56 Mystearica

Mystearica

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:58 PM

New build on the PTR, anyone on it test to see if SE is still bugged?

#57 oresteez

oresteez

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

I don't know if it's been fixed or if I've just been lucky....
But I've noticed that I have not been having a problem with Immolate not sticking when you clip an older immolate.

Dare I say it...it appears to be working fine for me now!

#58 Bristine

Bristine

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:49 AM

Demonic Empathy is currently not working as the tooltip implies. Any spell cast will eat a charge, I noticed today that CoE was taking charges and not providing for any more damage to Corr ticks.

If the rumored change to DE to be chargeless and simply a 15 second 3% personal damage buff for owner or pet when the other crits, then this shouldn't make much of a difference, but if not, when DE is up demonologists should really be careful of their casts.

#59 Turbo Moses

Turbo Moses

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:48 AM

Has anyone mentioned bugs with vehicles yet? That's one thing that as massively frustrating in BGs and just around the world, to start around in a vehicle only to learn that it doesn't respond to anything. Sometimes on malygos I've landed on a dragon only to learn my and his player icon both gone, and my action bar as well, and other random vehicle bugs that appear to be caused by warlock pets.

EXTREMELY frustrating and all too common.

#60 turturin

turturin

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

Has anyone mentioned bugs with vehicles yet? That's one thing that as massively frustrating in BGs and just around the world, to start around in a vehicle only to learn that it doesn't respond to anything. Sometimes on malygos I've landed on a dragon only to learn my and his player icon both gone, and my action bar as well, and other random vehicle bugs that appear to be caused by warlock pets.

EXTREMELY frustrating and all too common.

On the malygos non-response thing: We have a guild rule. Once on your dragon, you have to de-select malygos as a target then re-target him. This has always addressed the bugs some of our members experienced.

xperl caused some bugs earlier, I belive their recent updates have addressed these.

Bar Mod addons could also cause this. I use bartender, which has been reliably good on this issue though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users