71 replies to this topic

#61 elandriel

elandriel

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

From 3.2 PTR: new Delicate Dragon's Eye
Notice that all dragon's eyes retain their prismatic status (at least so far). Also the difference of each in comparison to the new epic gems is +14 (34-20) which results in +42 (14x3) agility bonus for the JC.
"If you tell a tiger who's never seen a mouse before that it's very scary, then the tiger may not be able to sleep because of fear."

#62 xvvx01

xvvx01

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

From 3.2 PTR: new Delicate Dragon's Eye
Notice that all dragon's eyes retain their prismatic status (at least so far). Also the difference of each in comparison to the new epic gems is +14 (34-20) which results in +42 (14x3) agility bonus for the JC.

That's odd, in this picture they lose their prismatic status, clearly stating which socket the gem matches in the note.

I think the MMO one might be outdated.

http://wowraid.com/g..._09_4_31_22.jpg

#63 cheydurie

cheydurie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:02 AM

I would like to know if there are any restrictions with Careful Aim and socketing a yellow gem slot with INT gem.
I am already hit caped so I don't need any hit gems and if Careful Aim will convert the int to attack power it would be a viable alternative for me. I ask this because i am not sure if CA will convert INT gem stats.

#64 Iru

Iru

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:42 AM

Yes it converts, but honestly you'd be better off using a red agi or AP unless the socket bonus is so phenomenal or you just need any yellow gem to activate your meta gem.

#65 cheydurie

cheydurie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

Yes it converts, but honestly you'd be better off using a red agi or AP unless the socket bonus is so phenomenal or you just need any yellow gem to activate your meta gem.

I would like to use a Ap gem but I was thinking ahead for patch 3.2 where my JC gems won't fulfill my meta requirements.
Thank you for the answer hopefully I will have a better option when the patch comes out.

#66 Pijn

Pijn

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

I would like to use a Ap gem but I was thinking ahead for patch 3.2 where my JC gems won't fulfill my meta requirements.
Thank you for the answer hopefully I will have a better option when the patch comes out.

The best solution to fulfill meta requirements in 3.2 is to use the new prismatic gem Nightmare Tear; 10 int and 10 agi, leaving you with red gems in all other sockets (unless a socket bonus is really worth going for, but in this case you would put the Nightmare's Tear in it).

#67 seridosgunner

seridosgunner

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

Is this list going to be updated with a complete list of the 3.2 Gems?

#68 luvinjefe

luvinjefe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

Is this list going to be updated with a complete list of the 3.2 Gems?

The naming convention holds true into the Epic. So just replace the type of gem, for example if it says Delicate Scarlet Ruby, change that to Delicate Cardinal Ruby.

#69 Elechan

Elechan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

Hi, I was curious, for survival hunter is it best to go with all +20 Agility gems and one Nightmare Tear gem to make the meta work? Or would it be better to use some of the +10 agility and +10 critical gems in yellow slots anywhere?

#70 markovicous

markovicous

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:05 AM

Hi, I was curious, for survival hunter is it best to go with all +20 Agility gems and one Nightmare Tear gem to make the meta work? Or would it be better to use some of the +10 agility and +10 critical gems in yellow slots anywhere?

It is always more beneficial to socket 10Agi/10Crit into yellow sockets if they have a +Agi Bonus. In terms of DPS value, 14(sometimes 16) Agi + 10 Crit > 20 Agi. If it provides a +Agility bonus, yellow sockets should have Deadly Ametrine in them.

#71 Shaynaynay

Shaynaynay

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:35 PM

It is always more beneficial to socket 10Agi/10Crit into yellow sockets if they have a +Agi Bonus. In terms of DPS value, 14(sometimes 16) Agi + 10 Crit > 20 Agi. If it provides a +Agility bonus, yellow sockets should have Deadly Ametrine in them.

Also to add on when you get to end game content gear, you get to a point where you reach crit cap, so AP/crit isn't so bad either or Agi/haste or AP/haste w/e... just keep the crit cap in mind the higher your gear score is because of the diminishing benefits of crit at a high number.

#72 markovicous

markovicous

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:08 AM

Also to add on when you get to end game content gear, you get to a point where you reach crit cap, so AP/crit isn't so bad either or Agi/haste or AP/haste w/e... just keep the crit cap in mind the higher your gear score is because of the diminishing benefits of crit at a high number.

Even if you are specifically talented/glyphed it is very difficult for hunters to reach our crit softcaps for specific shots. It's not something to worry about unless you specifically gear/talent/glyph to reach crit caps, but who does that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users