• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#41 Chupa

Chupa

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 2057 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:53 PM

My new elemental spec has 30 points in restoration!

Hey, tonight one of our feral druids almost cracked the top 25 on DM! Actually Chupid did beat me on Flamegor in both damage and healing :huh:

A few cool points about last night:
A: Flamegor - I was in the DM spot above Fjord, having half my DPS gear on. Cardrian was in the spot above me. How? WANDING. :boggle:
B: Warlocks suck and hate me :(
C: In the first 5 or so pulls when I DIDN'T die every pull, I was in the top 15.

#42 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24561 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:57 PM

This evening, I'm going to drop 3/3 improved rejuv and pick up 3/5 subtlety. Even with a 30g respec, I figure I'll save myself an average of 5g in repair costs on every raid.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#43 Graham

Graham

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3833 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:10 PM

Oh kaubel, and the next time the shades all beeline for you I will say I told you so.

#44 Scorpio!

Scorpio!

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:26 PM

For Horde, my main concern is that a druid that does a viable amount of DPS will have serious aggro problems.

Due to our lack of Blessing of Salvation, this issue is very very overt.

Last night a feral druid took aggro on onyxia, and had to tank her in bear form.

Through a swipe and a fear.

#45 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24561 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:32 PM

Oh kaubel, and the next time the shades all beeline for you I will say I told you so.

Overfriendly shades are the least of my concerns. It's the freaking lab that's running up my repair bill.

I never had imp rejuv before 1.8 anyway, so piss on that particular talent. I don't need it.

I've been trying to concentrate on studying for my Proof Methods test tomorrow, and all I can think of is your hotness, radiating out from the pixels on my monitor, seared straight into my neurons.

#46 Chupa

Chupa

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 2057 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:36 PM

:( I was a big fan of Imp Rejuv

#47 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24561 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:50 PM

You should still have it too, despite not putting any points into it. That's another reason I'm dropping it. We have enough druids already who can do it, so me slapping them on people is a waste of mana.

#48 decimus

decimus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:45 PM

Overfriendly shades are the least of my concerns. It's the freaking lab that's running up my repair bill.

I never had imp rejuv before 1.8 anyway, so piss on that particular talent. I don't need it.

Haha, I always wondered why people took improved rejuv. I was always of the opinion that somebody else should waste five (three points now) points on that useless talent. :P

Also, a big thanks to beef for giving that forum troll, Xl, a slap in the face on the druid forums.

#49 Wodin

Wodin

Thoroughly Inebriated

• Moderators
  • 8116 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:55 PM

Link please. :) Beef ownage is usually the best ownage.

#50 Lord BEEF

Lord BEEF

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3826 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:07 PM

http://forums.worldo...d&T=556576&P=17

That's the page where I started posting anyway.
Check out my friend's bitchin' Lord of the Rings Art

#51 Kaubel

Kaubel

Sledgehammer Emeritus

• Guild Members
  • 24561 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:31 PM

People still acknowledge Xi?

#52 decimus

decimus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:36 PM

People still acknowledge Xi?

I guess so. :angry:

It seems DnT is spilling their corrosive spec-forcing bile all over the druid forums again.

#53 Wodin

Wodin

Thoroughly Inebriated

• Moderators
  • 8116 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:41 PM

I'll let you continue, then, since horning in on your argument wouldn't really be fair. I can't help but be disappointed in Xi - I thought he'd gotten somewhat better after leaving Archimonde. The fact that we're willing to experiment and explore is something I view as a valuable trait. Feral druids may not bring as much to a raid as a full restoration druid, but if we a) kill the monster and B) the player behind the feral druid is happy, who cares? It's not like we're learning any new encounters right now, so it's a good time to try new things. Maybe feral druids don't pay off now, but 8 months down the road the 41-point feral talent puts them through the roof. Having experimented, we'll have the ability to judge better what the druid is capable of with a given spec.

At the same time, I can understand his position. A druid with tons of points in Restoration is arguably the best healer in the game, and that's damn hard to lay down. That doesn't excuse the asshattery and general impoliteness, though.

#54 decimus

decimus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:50 PM

I'll let you continue, then, since horning in on your argument wouldn't really be fair. I can't help but be disappointed in Xi - I thought he'd gotten somewhat better after leaving Archimonde. The fact that we're willing to experiment and explore is something I view as a valuable trait. Feral druids may not bring as much to a raid as a full restoration druid, but if we a) kill the monster and B) the player behind the feral druid is happy, who cares? It's not like we're learning any new encounters right now, so it's a good time to try new things. Maybe feral druids don't pay off now, but 8 months down the road the 41-point feral talent puts them through the roof. Having experimented, we'll have the ability to judge better what the druid is capable of with a given spec.

At the same time, I can understand his position. A druid with tons of points in Restoration is arguably the best healer in the game, and that's damn hard to lay down. That doesn't excuse the asshattery and general impoliteness, though.

It's amazing how closed-minded people can be. I'm sure druids are one of the things in WoW that give old school EQ people headaches.

Just a side note: you'd be amazed by how many people in MF are open minded towards the idea of taking feral druids on raids. I've gone cat form on a few boss encounters where extra healing wasn't needed, and nobody said a thing. :D

#55 Praetorian

Praetorian

Mike Tyson

• ♦ Administrators
  • 27810 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:02 PM

I've gone cat form on a few boss encounters where extra healing wasn't needed

That's really the essence of it, and the whole point of exploring this option.

In a given raid dungeon, some fights will require more healing. In others, that extra healing is dead weight. Firemaw is a very healing-intensive fight. You want a bunch of healers to keep it stable and keep your MT up through burst and sustained damage. Ebonroc is a much less healing-intensive fight, and is easier the more DPS you have.

If you have a given raid slot, you can bring a rogue and have an advantage vs. Ebonroc and a disadvantage vs. Firemaw.
You can bring a holy priest and have an advantage vs. Firemaw and a disadvantage vs. Ebonroc.

Or you can bring a hybrid class (shadow priest, feral druid, etc.) and have a slight advantage against both.

#56 Lord BEEF

Lord BEEF

Soda Popinski

• Guild Members
  • 3826 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:14 PM

The biggest disagreement I have with death and taxes is that they state that feral loot from raid bosses simply shouldn't exist. That's just a silly assertion. No class spec should be forced to get their loot from only pvp rewards.
Check out my friend's bitchin' Lord of the Rings Art

#57 Wodin

Wodin

Thoroughly Inebriated

• Moderators
  • 8116 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:18 PM

Cool speccing throwing weapons brb

#58 newladin

newladin

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:37 PM

http://forums.worldo...d&T=556576&P=17

That's the page where I started posting anyway.

Wow, that guy types/talks a lot.
all your base, are belong to us!

#59 Cardrian

Cardrian

Great Tiger

• Guild Members
  • 991 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:39 PM

You can bring a WAND priest and have an advantage vs. EVERYTHING

8< 8< 8< 8< Cut Thread Here 8< 8< 8< 8<

#60 decimus

decimus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:40 PM

You can bring a WAND priest and have an advantage vs. EVERYTHING

I hate you :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users