• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#141 Raylen

Raylen

stop kissing Gurgs ass 24/7

• Guild Members
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:07 PM

Well, that's true, and as mentioned I ddint really have a lot of aggro problems anyway. There was just a bunch of brainstorming about deaggros and that was an idea that popped into my head a few days ago :)

Yeah, I realize smart druids will be able to hold back their agro but most druids probably bitch endlessly about how they get agro too much in raid settings.

#142 decimus

decimus

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:12 AM

So as I don't hijack the thread, here's one possible solution that's occurred to me regarding the viability of feral druid DPS in raids: Make it so that, when in catform, crits cause extra agro proportional to the extra damage.
That is, for most classes, an attack that hits for 10 and causes 10 agro will crit for 20 and cause 30 agro, to (over)simplify. With this alteration, the ratio of extra damage:extra agro will stay the same; so an attack that crits for 20 will cause 20 agro.

I think it's retarded for crits on any class to generate aggro beyond the actual damage dealt. I realize it makes sense in that it would really piss a monster off, but no class should be punished for increasing their critical strike chance, and by no means should any class ultimately do LESS damage in a raid setting because of high crit.

On the other hand, if a bear form druid gets a maul crit, it's almost impossible for him to lose aggro. At least it works both ways. Imagine if warriors somehow lost aggro for critting, that would be a nightmare.

#143 Chupa

Chupa

Bald Bull

• Guild Members
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:40 AM

How much damage did you do though? I find this to be a better way to measure my standing of doing DPS and healing than my place on the DMs.

Sadly I am a noob and hit my dmclear macro instead of my normal gear macro right before Geddon, so I was relying on others for the DM results at the end of the run. That's a good point though, I'll try and keep track of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users