• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 Rinuu

Rinuu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:28 PM

I'm making this thread to help with finding great mods to use. I noticed that Snowy had talked about moving the posts from other shadowpriest threads to this one. As mods are added to the thread I will edit this post to add them and have them at the top of the thread for people to find easily. Also if you think I should add more sections please let me know. Also when suggesting mods please give a link to the site that it can be downloaded from, this will make it easier for me to link the mod and the Description.

Note: Here is how you should list your mod(s) - Example: 1. <Mod Name and Download Site> - <Mod Description>

Action Bar Mods:

1. Bartender4 - Bartender4 is a full ActionBar replacement mod. It provides you with all the features needed to fully customization most aspects of your action and related bars.

2. Dominos - What Dominos does is take that interface, split it up into a series of customizable "bars" (a bar for your bags, one for your pet, an experience bar, etc), and add a few more features, like access to all 120 action buttons. Note: Dominos has a nice wiki to help you with issues and questions - The Dominos guide

3. Auto-Bar - is a comprehensive bar mod that automatically provides slots for consumables (potions, flasks, food, water), quest items, trinkets, and class-specific bars for buffs, stances, and pets. It only provides buttons what you actually have in your inventory and is a lot more flexible than dragging different potions and buff foods into static slots on bartender / bongos / whatever you are using for your main hotbars.

4. Dr. Damage - DrDamage displays the calculated, average damage or healing of abilities with talents, gear and buffs included on your action bar buttons. The addon will also add various information to the default tooltips in your spellbook and on the action bar.

Cast Bar Mods:

1. Quartz - is lightweight casting bar replacement. The main feature of the mod is a dynamic latency-timing bar, but it also incorporates some DoT / debuff timing features.

2. AzCastBar - A highly customizable and lightweight casting bar replacement mod with support for saved profiles and plugins. Originally comes with the following plugins: casting bar for player, target, focus and pet, as well as a mirror bar. The Mirror Bar is the one which shows breath, feign death and fatigue. The option dialog along with the saved profiles are Load on Demand which means it will only be loaded once you open the Options. The player cast bar supports safe zone indication. This is basically your latency, when the spellcast has passed this point, you can safely cancel the cast and have the spell still fire.

3. Quartz LatencyMF2 - It shows the time when your 2nd MF tic will occur, with the quartz latency taken into account. If you have sub-100 ping shouldn't really matter, but for those with more lag it helps some. While you cast a spell, you can send the next spell to the spell queue. There's a slight delay between stopping the current cast and starting the next (queued) cast. The new spark will show you when exactly you sent the next spell. Normally this spark should land somewhere in the red latency zone. Note: This mod requires Quartz_Player and Quartz_Latency to be enabled

DoT Mods:

1. DoTimer - With this mod you can track all of your DoTs on different mobs and it will also track your shadowfiend duration. You have lots of options to choose from when sitting this mod up.

2. ForteXorcist (ForteWarlock) - This mod will also add your SW:D/MB cooldown's to the list with your DoTs. Note: This mod can be buggy with refreshing SW:P early

3. Ellipsis - Ellipsis is an addon that features multi-target DoT and HoT tracking for spells that you cast on other people. Note: On first install (or a new character/profile), the 'anchors' for both Targets and Prominent Targets (text on a light blue background) will be visible. After you move them to their desired locations, you need to enter the mod options and "Lock" the interface elements to hide these anchors.

4. Natur EnemyCastBar - It is very customizable, it tracks your hots dots and cool downs, as well as cool downs that it picks up, like friendly CCs, friendly unit cool downs and incoming casts on you. It also attempts to track Diminishing Returns.

5. ClassTimer - It does not do persistent multiple target tracking though, since it's output is based on your CurrentTarget. It will monitor - Self (could be used for watching IF charges), FocusTarget, and/or General. It works flawlessly. Even when other Shadowpriests are present, which was a problem with many other dot trackers at one time.

Cooldown Mods:

1. OmniCC - OmniCC is an addon that adds text to items/spells/abilities that are on cooldown to indicate when they'll be ready for use. OmniCC should be compatible with any addon that uses a cooldown model. Note: A configuration GUI is included, and can be shown with the following slash commands - /omnicc or /occ

2. TellMeWhen - displays cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, and reactive abilities as icons on your screen. Good for Inner Focus, Mind Blast and Devouring Plague cooldowns, which disappear from DoT-Timer sometimes.

3. Face Melter - What is Face Melter? You tell it your spell priorities, and it tells you when you should cast them. Cast them as they light up for best results. Note: If you used anyone's modified version of FaceMelter as a fix for 3.0.2, the author cannot guarantee things won't get buggy. To fix your issues you will need to delete your saved variables before upgrading to this version.

4. EventHorizon - Displays timer bars for you most important abilities' target debuffs (including DoT ticks) and cooldowns. All bars share a common time scale to make it easier to plan the next casts in your rotation. Video - YouTube - Event Horizon WoW Addon Note: There's no options GUI, for most settings you'd have to edit .lua files (see the addon's description).

5. ReadySpells - Displays configured spell visuals when they are ready to be cast (including target and mouseover support). These visuals are click through, and can be placed in the center of the screen without stealing mouse clicks. The number of image slots is configurable, and each slot allows many spells that display based on priority. Note: This addon has a bug! Read here to fix it - Mod Fix

6. Ovale - This add-on displays one or more icons that shows the cooldown of an action. The action is conditionally defined through a user defined script. Note: You will need to use a special script for shadow priests in order to use this mod correctly. You can find the instructions here - http://elitistjerks....460-post42.html

Trinket Mods:

1. TrinketMenu - This is a mod to make swapping trinkets easier. It will display your two equipped trinkets in a bar. Mouseover on either trinket will display a menu of up to 30 trinkets in your bags to swap.

Frame Mods:

1. Pitbull - PitBull is a Unit Frames addon that provides maximal customization and undergoes rigorous efficiency testing. It is created in a modular framework, which allows for multiple authors to put their skills to work creating this great project.

2. X-Perl - This mod is Perl, with extra components added to it. Much enhanced from Nymbia's Perl UnitFrames, and a complete replacement for Blizzard's default unit frames, including raid frames and raid tools, with little remaining of the original Nymbia code.

3. Grid - Grid is a modular, lightweight and screen-estate saving grid of party/raid unit frames based on Ace2 and various embedded libraries provided by the Ace-community. Note: Due to its flexible design, Grid has a fairly daunting configuration menu. I suggest taking a few minutes to look through the configuration and familiarize yourself with the options available to you. Guide - Guide to using Grid

4. Clique - Clique is a simple GUI that lets you assign click-casting for any number of unit frames. Click casting allows you to define the behavior the game takes when you click on a frame. This can be casting spells, running a macro, using an item, or something as simple as changing targets or assisting a unit.

Buff Mods:

1. Inner Fire Helper - This mod will help you keep track of your Inner Fire Buff. The mod will display a bar for you. As you get hit the bar will go down. The bar will also display how many you have left and how much time you have left. Also you will get a warning when you have only 1 minute left or if you get low on charges.

2. Debuff Filter - Debuff Filter is great for monitoring all kinds of auras on you, your target, your focus target, etc. Highly configurable.

3. NeedToKnow - NeedToKnow allows you to monitor specific buffs and debuffs of your choosing as timer bars that always appear in a consistent place on your screen in a consistent color. It's especially useful for monitoring frequently used short-duration buffs and debuffs. For example, a rogue could configure NeedToKnow to show timer bars for Slice and Dice, Rupture, and their own stack of Deadly Poison VII. NeedToKnow also works with procs and on-use trinkets. The number, size, position, and color of timer bars are all customizable.

4. SmartBuff - SmartBuff is a buff addon, to cast buffs ease and quickly. All classes are supported. Bind a key, scrollwheel or use the action button and it checks if you, a party/raid member, also hunter and warlock pets, needs your buff and cast it. Note: The author has posted an FAQ on the same page that you download the mod from.

5. ShadowGreenLight - Features : - Scan your raid members for talents / abilities that improve SW:P (mainly crit buffs / debuffs) at the cast - Gives a graphical indicator of the current buff / debuff : color switching from red - no buffs / debuffs active - to green - all available buffs / debuffs in raid active. The same information is available as a numeric indicator (eg : 12/25 means your SW:P gets a 12% increase in damage from the 25% that your raid should provide for) - Indicator to signal if you should recast SW:P

6. PowerAurasClassic - This addon was created to provide visual cues (auras) when you gain buffs, debuffs and many more. Very useful for shorts buffs or debuffs, it allows you to draw in the center of the screen, or around your character, very customizable visual effects, rather than having to look at or mouseover buff/debuff icons/actionbars.

This used to be a peaceful, intelligent place to theorycraft, but all of a sudden a short bus full of drooling retards decided to squat here for some unknown reason.

Posted Image

#2 Snowy

Snowy

Mitt Romney?

• Moderators
  • 10259 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:41 PM

I doubt I'll move existing posts, since the dates mess things up.

Having said that, anyone reading this topic who doesn't have a dot timer of some sort -- get one! I personally use DoTimer for tracking my debuffs. It also tracks shadowfiend duration. For trinkets, I use TrinketMenu as my mod.

Use this thread for discussion of mods pertinent to shadowpriests, and questions on how to set them up/configure for specific situations -- but at least have tried to set it up yourself first.

#3 Guest_Akhtal_*

Guest_Akhtal_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:11 PM

I've been using ForteXorcist since I read about it here and I love it since it places the MB/SWD CDs along the DOTs remaining time.. It's a bit buggy sometimes when you refresh SWP right before it's about to wear off..

I'm using 2 passives trinkets but I know it can track those as well, including shadowfiend and heroism/bloodlust

#4 Rinuu

Rinuu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:11 PM

For Cooldowns I find OmniCC very helpful. It will also work with almost any bar MOD that you may be using.

This used to be a peaceful, intelligent place to theorycraft, but all of a sudden a short bus full of drooling retards decided to squat here for some unknown reason.

Posted Image

#5 Titanstrider

Titanstrider

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:48 PM

I've found buttontimer to be very handy for tracking DoTs, you can set the scale of each bar, and choose which spells you want to track as well.

#6 Rinuu

Rinuu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:30 AM

I've found buttontimer to be very handy for tracking DoTs, you can set the scale of each bar, and choose which spells you want to track as well.

Can you provide a link to the MOD that your suggesting?

Posted Image

#7 Laorne

Laorne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:15 AM

When i was unable to get dot timer up and running in beta I began looking around for a new dot tracking addon and found one called Ellipsis. I have became very fond of this addon over dot timer so just decided to stick with it. It also does track your shadowfiend and procs on you(if setup to do so) like a trinket proc or our glyph of shadow proc etc..

You can find this addon at WOW Interface

Also for party frames I am very used to grid. Good for seeing raid health, dispelling, buffs, mana levels, etc......

This addon is found at Curse

#8 Socialcrab

Socialcrab

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

^^
Don't sign your posts...I'm sure an admin will tell you though just warning you so you can change it before you get an infraction ;D

Quartz is an essential Spriest mod so that you know when it's optimal to break your Mind Flay.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
Lewis Carroll

#9 LucidityAxel

LucidityAxel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:23 AM

Quartz is lightweight casting bar replacement. The main feature of the mod is a dynamic latency-timing bar, but it also incorporates some DoT / debuff timing features.

Autobar is a comprehensive bar mod that automatically provides slots for consumables (potions, flasks, food, water), quest items, trinkets, and class-specific bars for buffs, stances, and pets. It only provides buttons what you actually have in your inventory and is a lot more flexible than dragging different potions and buff foods into static slots on bartender / bongos / whatever you are using for your main hotbars.

#10 r3d3

r3d3

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:02 AM

EventHorizon -- Displays a moving graph of cooldowns, dot time remaining, casting time, and damage ticks on your current target for SW:P, VT, MB, DP, SW:D, and MF. Way better than trying to guess if "1s" on VT means 1.9 seconds or 1.1 seconds, and lets you see in real time when (and if) your mind flay is getting clipped and when you need to start casting VT to have it land right as the previous one finishes.

#11 Pondscum

Pondscum

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

I use and recommend Inner Fire Helper because I need reminding to keep this 10 minute buff active.

Downloadable at Curse's site here

This addon will add

- charges low Warning
- 1 minute left Warning
- MiniBar for Inner Fire

Drag the Minibar with ALT+Click

(e) - to add description.

#12 Constie

Constie

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:04 PM

Debuff Filter : WoWInterface Downloads : Buff/Debuff/Spell Mods is great for monitoring all kinds of auras on you, your target, your focus target, etc. Highly configurable.

And "mod", not "MOD". It's not an acronym.
Come on, die young.

#13 BaelehShmot

BaelehShmot

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

Cooldown Mod:
Tellmewhen - curse download - displays cooldowns, buffs, debuffs, and reactive abilities as icons on your screen. Good for Inner Focus, Mind Blast and Devouring Plague cooldowns, which disappear from DoTimer sometimes.

#14 Sissylala

Sissylala

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

Another buff mod not mentioned yet that I use for Inner Fire SmartBuff (Link to WowInterface).

Reminds you based on a time you set to refresh Inner Fire, works via mousewheel scroll (if thats how you want it set up), and works in combat, and also displays a spash screen message. Pretty handy.

(e) spelling

#15 Caggy

Caggy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:31 AM

I like to use NeedtoKNow to track my debuffs. Its not good for multiple targets, but its compact for a single one. From there I just play keep the bars up for my dps.
I also use it to track target buffs for when I heal.

#16 Pondscum

Pondscum

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:49 AM

New to shadowpriesting?
Low concentration span?
Having trouble remembering your priority spell casting?
Can't tell your arse from your elbow?

Get Facemelter and have a mod tell you exactly what spell to cast as soon as it comes off cooldown.

Training wheels for a shadow priest. An excellent mod for learning the basics of maintaining a productive spell casting priority.

#17 Rinuu

Rinuu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

I highly recommend EventHorizon.

Why do you highly recommend it? Would you care to explain why you like it and what it does?

Posted Image

#18 windcape

windcape

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:35 PM

And on the topic of Quartz, I can highly recomend a simple modificaiton of Quartz_Buff\Buff.lua

Find following line:

if db.targetdebuffs then

And then first occourance of the following line (Should be line 272 in build #30000)

if duration and duration > 0 then

and replace it with following

if (name == 'Misery') then
elseif (name == 'Mind Flay') then
elseif (name == 'Shadow Vulnerability') then
elseif duration and duration > 0 then

This will remove Misery, Shadow Vulnerability and the DoT of Mind Flay from the target, allowing you to maximum see four debuffs: Vampiric Touch, Vampiric Embrace, Shadow Word: Pain and Dev. Plague.

---

And as a additional to Grid suggested as frame mod, I recomend Clique to right-click dispelling on the frame, and seeing this is the most common thing we as shadowpriests do I think it's well worth it.

1. Clique - Right click casting of spells on unitframes, such as Grid.

#19 Healybob

Healybob

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

A dot timer I’ve been using is Natur Enemy Cast Bar aka NECB. It is very customizable, it tracks your hots dots and cool downs, as well as cool downs that it picks up, like friendly CCs, friendly unit cool downs and incoming casts on you. It also attempts to track Diminishing Returns, I have tried to use this and so far, it seems very accurate.

It also has a sexy feature that looks for rouge/druid stealth abilities and warns you when it picks up on one; this is nice for arena BG for obvious reasons.

You can turn on or off any of the features and it is very customizable and easy to navigate.

I get it from curse.

Natur EnemyCastBar

I forgot to mention, it tracks WS from your PW:S on various targets, not much here for a Spriest, but nice if your healing as DISC.

#20 r3d3

r3d3

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:28 AM

Why do you highly recommend it? Would you care to explain why you like it and what it does?

Original post fixed. I'm bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users