• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 Mokhtar

Mokhtar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

With the current SW:P bug (gaining crit / shadow weaving does not update the tick value until you recast) I developped ShadowGreenLight a while ago, it has now passed the beta stage and is not in version 1.0 (less ugly graphics, basic configuration).
Let me know what you think of it.

#22 Furism

Furism

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

Get Facemelter and have a mod tell you exactly what spell to cast as soon as it comes off cooldown.

I got this mod to try it out, and decided it was good because it can also be used to let you know when a DoT is about to expire (since the queue is dynamically updated) - so no need for ReadySpells or DoTimer anymore really. However it is currently bugged and doesn't take into account the fact that MF refreshes SW:P.

I would like to mention again ReadySpells. I like that mod because instead of adding bars to the UI, it only shows you which debuffs/DoT are not up on your target. It also shows a countdown a few seconds before, but this is currently bugged. I think it's using a function that is not used anymore, so now there is no countdown anymore, the icon just pops up when the DoT is gone. There is also no GUI and the SP spell priority is wrong so I had to change it myself (I will update that post to list the changes that need to be made).

#23 xylek

xylek

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:15 PM

I feel that using World of Warcraft AddOns & Mods - WoW AddOns :: WowMatrix is a better addon service than curse.
It lets you search addons, auto-update searches for you (and gives the option of updating),
and it's fast at adding new addons, as well as deleting them.
I also like Dr.Damage because it gives you a quick analysis of what your spells avg. damage is, as well as max and min. hits, what stats will give the most dps, and it's really helpful when replacing gear. It also compenstates for buffs and debuffs.

#24 Nurru

Nurru

Mike Tyson

• Guild Members
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

I feel that using wowmatrix is a better addon service than curse.
It lets you search addons, auto-update searches for you (and gives the option of updating),

And to boot, most mod authors hate it and it deep links site urls without permission.

#25 ziy

ziy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

I like ClassTimer for my dot tracking. It does not do persistent multiple target tracking though, since it's output is based on your CurrentTarget (the only setting I monitor), Self (could be used for watching IF charges), FocusTarget (I prefer to watch focus debuffs with EBB so that I can see other players' debuffs), and/or "General" (whatever that does - it's been so long since I've even looked there).

It works flawlessly for me, even when other Shadowpriests are present, which was a problem with many other dot trackers at one time.

#26 Rinuu

Rinuu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

This is currently bugged. I think it's using a function that is not used anymore, so now there is no countdown anymore, the icon just pops up when the DoT is gone. There is also no GUI and the SP spell priority is wrong so I had to change it myself (I will update that post to list the changes that need to be made).

Thanks for the info on this. I will add it to the top with the others but first I'll wait for you to post more info. I really don't want to help support bugged mods, because it will just frustrate people.

Xylek,

Would you consider Dr. Damage to be a bar mod? I'm trying to figure out what category to add it to. Also, wowmatrix is really great for updating mods. It also makes it really easy to find and install mods.

This used to be a peaceful, intelligent place to theorycraft, but all of a sudden a short bus full of drooling retards decided to squat here for some unknown reason.

Posted Image

#27 xylek

xylek

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

Xylek,

Would you consider Dr. Damage to be a bar mod? I'm trying to figure out what category to add it to. Also, wowmatrix is really great for updating mods. It also makes it really easy to find and install mods.

Yeah, it's a bar mod.
Very helpful for getting a general idea as to what you should gear for.

#28 Furism

Furism

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

Thanks for the info on this. I will add it to the top with the others but first I'll wait for you to post more info. I really don't want to help support bugged mods, because it will just frustrate people.

Ok, here's the first batch of info you need. Install the mod, log your character in, log out. Then go to World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<Your Account>\SavedVariables\ReadySpells.lua

Then go to the part that defines which spells are monitored (should be around line 127) and replace with this:

["PRIEST"] = {
					["watchSpells"] = {
						{
							"Vampiric Touch", -- [1]
						}, -- [1]
						{
							"Devouring Plague", -- [1]
						}, -- [2]
						{
							"Shadow Word: Pain", -- [1]
						}, -- [3]
						{
							"Vampiric Embrace", -- [1]
						}, -- [4]
						{
							"Silence", -- [1]
							"Arcane Torrent", -- [2]
						}, -- [5]
					},
					["showNoMana"] = false,
				},

I removed Mind Flay from the list, and re-arranged the priority a little bit to make more sense. The only bug left in the mod is that it will not show the countdown 5 seconds before the debuff expires, but I'm not good enough at developing mods to fix this. I think it's because in 3.0 they changed the way the remaining duration is returned by the API, but I'll be damned if I know how to fix this.

#29 Zoroaster

Zoroaster

Zor*

• Allied Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:37 AM

With the current SW:P bug (gaining crit / shadow weaving does not update the tick value until you recast) I developped ShadowGreenLight a while ago, it has now passed the beta stage and is not in version 1.0 (less ugly graphics, basic configuration).
Let me know what you think of it.

I tested it the other day in a Maly25 raid, seemed to work fine, no errors. What exact buffs are you checking for? I'm assuming the X/23 count is the amount of possible buffs/debuffs on the boss, I didn't realize there were 23 buffs that effect SW:P though.

#30 Mokhtar

Mokhtar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:20 PM

It's not the number of buffs, it's the amount of the total upgrade :), I may at some point add a tooltip to show which buffs / debuffs are currently on the mob, this should help in detecting potential bugs.

Basically I'm checking for :
- Shadowweave : 10 possible upgrade points
- Improved scorch : 10
- Winter's chill : 10
- Wrath totem : 3
- Heart of the crusader : 1-3 depending on talent
- Moonkin aura : 5
- Elemental oath : 3 or 5 depending on talent
Note that some of them are in the same raid buff / debuff category and thus do not stack (for example Improved scorch and winter's chill).

I think max upgrade is something like 28. One day I'd like to add encounter-dependants modules (Thaddius, Loatheb, not sure about Malygos sparks) but it's quite painful to code and test and may bloat the addon beyond what I actually want.

I currently have a problem with the recast indicator which seems to not be displayed correctly, I'll have a fix for that tomorrow I hope (quite difficult to test this as testing requires the help of the correct classes)...

#31 Zoroaster

Zoroaster

Zor*

• Allied Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

Does it scan the spec's of the players currently in the raid? I know when I tested it on Maly25, it had a max of 23 "buff points". The raid was missing an Elemental/Moonkin. Without the Aura/Oath my max should have been 23, which it was, but it never went above 20/23, so it might not have been detecting HotC.

I'll be doing more 25-mans next reset, I'll let you know if I run into any issues in a full Naxx/Sarth/Maly clear.

#32 Mokhtar

Mokhtar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

Yes I'm actually continually checking for talents in the raid, at beginning of combat I check which players are actually visible (may have to remove this, it might be a problem for some encounters like when running in the Gluth room).
And the addon does indeed have a problem with HotC (unclear why, other debuffs seem to work fine), it just takes a while for me to debug it because the ret pal in my guild is rarely up between raids and I'm not multitasker enough to code and raid at the same time :)
I should shortly commit what I already have as I added a tooltip to watch in combat what is missing, which should make bug detection easier.

#33 Mokhtar

Mokhtar

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

I commited my changes (HotC fix included, UnitDebuff apparently gets 0 for stack count if debuff is not stackable...), won't be able to raid until next week so let me know if something is weird

#34 cloudscraper

cloudscraper

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

Bumping Zoraster's request on SP's raiding thread, does anyone have a Quartz Texture divided into thirds? for clipping purposes... you know ;)
Friends are people that you think that are friends, but they're really your enemies...

#35 cs-cam

cs-cam

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:37 AM

Bumping Zoraster's request on SP's raiding thread, does anyone have a Quartz Texture divided into thirds? for clipping purposes... you know ;)

http://elitistjerks....p47/#post733745

#36 Bowchikabow

Bowchikabow

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

This is more of a general UI mod question first:

I am currently using Xperl, Dr. Damage, Bartender, Cartographer, MSBT, NaturEnemy castbar.. I WAS using quartz as my cast timer however, currently Quartz is not working for me at all, I have had to start relying on Xperl inwindow castbar which is horribly sub-par. Is any one else having issues with it? is it just me? and are any of my mods at fault?

#37 nataku

nataku

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

I still use a version of quartz released shortly after WotLK was released that has been functioning fine.

For another cast bar mod alternative, the other commonly used one is Azcastbar: AzCastBar : WoWInterface Downloads : Casting Bars and Cooldowns

While I'm posting, the mod I use to notify me if Inner Fire is off (set to notify me when I'm in combat), when my trinkets proc, and for when I have Surge of Light or Clearcasting (when I'm holy) is Power Auras Classic: Power Auras Classic : WoWInterface Downloads : Buff/Debuff/Spell Mods

#38 Rinuu

Rinuu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

This is more of a general UI mod question first:

I am currently using Xperl, Dr. Damage, Bartender, Cartographer, MSBT, NaturEnemy castbar.. I WAS using quartz as my cast timer however, currently Quartz is not working for me at all, I have had to start relying on Xperl inwindow castbar which is horribly sub-par. Is any one else having issues with it? is it just me? and are any of my mods at fault?

When you remove Quartz try and make sure that you delete the SavedVariables files also. Then you can reinstall it and try again. This may work for you. If not then delete the SavedVariables again and install an older copy. Also try turning off other mods and see if the issue goes away.

This used to be a peaceful, intelligent place to theorycraft, but all of a sudden a short bus full of drooling retards decided to squat here for some unknown reason.

Posted Image

#39 Bowchikabow

Bowchikabow

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:57 AM

When you remove Quartz try and make sure that you delete the SavedVariables files also. Then you can reinstall it and try again. This may work for you. If not then delete the SavedVariables again and install an older copy. Also try turning off other mods and see if the issue goes away.

yeah, I had tried turning off my other mods, still didn't work.. I'll try the saved variables. the Xperl cast bar is killing me.. between it "failing" when I attempt to overlap spells (casting in the latency window), it putting a "unknown" name plate with a 1sec cast bar when I cast instant dots :( its getting very frustrating!!

#40 Rinuu

Rinuu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

yeah, I had tried turning off my other mods, still didn't work.. I'll try the saved variables. the Xperl cast bar is killing me.. between it "failing" when I attempt to overlap spells (casting in the latency window), it putting a "unknown" name plate with a 1sec cast bar when I cast instant dots :( its getting very frustrating!!

Sorry to hear that it's not working. The next best thing that you or anyone can do is to make a comment on the download page that the mod is located at. You will need to seek help from the author of the mod. Also it may be best for you to read the other comments that others have left. Maybe you will be able to find an answer then.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users