• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 marsui

marsui

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

Anyone know of a good add-on that will show you exactly when to recast VT?

Event horizon had something like that, where you would see the exactly when to recast so you have almost 100% uptime.

ForceXorcist lights up when you should recast VT, but that assumes you have instant reaction time. I would like to know, approximately when the "begin casting now" time is approaching.

#82 Gillingham

Gillingham

sysrq

• Allied Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:20 AM

Event horizon had something like that, where you would see the exactly when to recast so you have almost 100% uptime.

So why are you not just using event horizon? Perhaps a better question would be to state why you don't like event horizon, then it's easier than just spouting random mods that would do the exact thing EH does that you don't want.

#83 marsui

marsui

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

So why are you not just using event horizon? Perhaps a better question would be to state why you don't like event horizon, then it's easier than just spouting random mods that would do the exact thing EH does that you don't want.

Sorry, I should have addressed this in my post.

Event horizon is no longer supported, when I installed it, it did not seem to work. In addition, after doing some research I found out that event horizon does not take into account your current haste. So if all of a sudden you get the heroism buff, The bars would not reflect that. Also, not just heroism, but trinket procs that increase your haste, something to that effect.

#84 Gillingham

Gillingham

sysrq

• Allied Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

Event horizon is no longer supported, when I installed it, it did not seem to work. In addition, after doing some research I found out that event horizon does not take into account your current haste. So if all of a sudden you get the heroism buff, The bars would not reflect that. Also, not just heroism, but trinket procs that increase your haste, something to that effect.

I'm using v0.11 and it works. When I get heroism or any other haste procs the cast time on stuff shrinks in the bars etc. I'm not sure it updates the notch in the end of the bar for VT to shrink, but that's a very minor issue.

#85 Hyperbolicious

Hyperbolicious

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:15 AM

I'm using v0.11 and it works. When I get heroism or any other haste procs the cast time on stuff shrinks in the bars etc. I'm not sure it updates the notch in the end of the bar for VT to shrink, but that's a very minor issue.

I use the last released version of EH and everything seems to work perfectly fine at the moment. Even the VT recast segment shrinks to accommodate haste increases.

I am most certainly going to stick with EH until it quits working entirely.

#86 planeman

planeman

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

I tried using TellMeWhen but it was a pain to set up and I could not get it to show me how many orbs I had. I found an addon called ShadowTimers and it does everything that I wanted right out of the box!

ShadowTimers - Addons - Curse

It is worth checking out.

#87 Xn205

Xn205

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

I've been using MFclip. It's got a channelbar with latency spikes as well as casting indications for dot refreshing.
You can get it here

#88 Nalexia

Nalexia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

I notice you have Tellmewhen up as a cooldown timer only. I use tellmewhen in conjunction with my quartz castbar(shows the time of the dots left on the target) for my cooldowns as well as my dots as well as my reactive abilities(keeping track of shadow orbs ect...) Tellmewhen can really do pretty much everything for any class so long as you know how to set it up. It's hands down my favorite mod in conjunction with quartz castbar

#89 Bivvz

Bivvz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:28 AM

I did a quick scan of this thread and didn't see this mod posted. Sorry if it actually has been mentioned.

I enjoy using this mod since it shows timers for each Debuff and even shows a cooldown timer on stuff like SWD. Even has a cast bar on top so you can look in 1 spot on your screen and get all this info.

MFClip

Seems to be pretty old however seems to work great for me.

#90 Hrath

Hrath

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

I was recently asked to switch to Shadow for raiding from Holy/Disc. Currently I am using Power Auras as a dot timer but I need something that handles multi-dot tracking a little better. I saw the recommendations about DoTimer and Ellipsis, but just had a quick question about their functionality:

Do either or these addons, or any other multi-dot tracking addon, bring up a window that not only tracks the duration of your dots on different targets but also allows you to select the target so you can easily re-apply the dots without having to tab cycle through the mobs?

Sorry if both already do, I am currently at work so I cannot test them and want to try to be ready for tonights raid asap. I looked at the add-on page descriptions and did not see anything about being able to target the mob to efficiently re-apply dots. Thanks!!

#91 Nivoglibina

Nivoglibina

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

I'm using Dotimer and it cannot do that. I've never seen an addon that could do such a thing, as far as I know only targets of target can be aquired?

#92 UnholY_Prince

UnholY_Prince

King Hippo

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:39 AM

Forte will give you the timers you need, but I don't know of any mod that allows you to click to target the mob those DoTs are on.

#93 Sidelvar

Sidelvar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

I remember reading a blue post some time ago that discussed this and I believe Blizz said that they will not allow such functionality. It makes sense really b/c it takes away any real skill for something thats fairly easy to begin with. I personally use standard blizz UI for nameplates and just remember where they are at. if your dealing with 4-5 mobs you can cycle through them almost perfectly with SWP and VT. With the buff to MSear I'm tempted to see what SWP and MSear off a melee attacking adds would do for my AoE.

#94 Elerion

Elerion

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

The functionality to create conditional unit frames in combat was removed back in Vanilla, as it allowed for the creation of things like the "emergency monitor" which gave you the 5 lowest hp members of the raid in a neat little list so you could heal them without thinking.

You won't find an addon that allows you to click dot timers and change target accordingly.

#95 Guest_-Dank-_*

Guest_-Dank-_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

'Tidy Plates - Threat Plates' can be set to show debuff icons above the nameplate. You can click each nameplate to target that mob and refresh dots.

It's not exactly what you asked for but it would work.

#96 Ketari

Ketari

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

You can also do this with one target, via focus. MFClip has a bar which allows you to cast directly onto your focus target, and monitor the DoT timers.

Obviously not ideal, but for 2-target fights like Neph, it's fine.

#97 McFearless

McFearless

Banned

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

Like others have said Forte has been the best for tracking multiple targets but has taken some time to get it where I like it. In my opinion it requires a lot of customization to make it work well for Spriests as it can easily become overwhelming with all the DoTs, channels, debuffs we apply. I use it in conjuction with Quartz and TellMeWhen with pretty good results. I'll describe how I use them:

ForteXorcist: I use to display ONLY VT, DP, SW:P and ES. This keeps it clean and usable for tracking multiple targets. I had to disable MF, my own buff CD's and explicitly identify ES as the CD I wanted tracked.

Quartz: Includes a CD timer for your target - but this is redundant if you're using Forte and adds to clutter/memory usage. I have disabled this timer.

TellMeWhen: Incredibly useful for tracking Shadow Orbs - it keeps you from scouring your buff bar. I have it tell me when my MB is off CD also so I can see both pieces of info simultaneously. I owe the upkeep of ES to this mod.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Fearless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users