• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 Rallik

Rallik

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

Is it for all enchants or only for Berserking?

Not certain, but likely all enchants

#22 Laurana

Laurana

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:33 PM

just out of curiousity: did you use any of my code for the custom priority list part?

#23 Tankietka

Tankietka

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:05 AM

No, I created it from the scratch, with aims/ideas I talked to you about (list/combo box of selectable abilities and conditions).

#24 Laurana

Laurana

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

The view (combo box etc.) does not affect the model/internal implementation of the feature ;) nvm though, as long as it is working correctly as your implementation seems to be.

edit: I'm getting only 430 'real' average damage on a 3.6 2hand offhand with DW-spec whereas the same 3.6 mh with the same 600 avg damage is at 1038 'real' average damage. if the offhand deals 62.5% te damage of the main hand, one of the numbers is wrong. is this a bug or is there something I'm missing?

#25 Tankietka

Tankietka

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Yes, I know it is ugly :-), everything packed in one huge class :-/. Would be nice to have 24h of free time each day to make everything perfect :-P, and this feature I wanted to have as fast as possible.

#26 Shha

Shha

King Hippo

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:52 PM

I just started looking closer at your sim Tankietka, and Im trying to find out - how to input stats.

Is weapon damage the actual weapon or the char sheet main/offhand damage?
What modifiers should i take into account - are the STR/AP stats and such, including things like Strength of Arms or not?

Basically some instruction manual.

#27 dragondeath46

dragondeath46

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

Have you thought about lending your talent to SimulationCraft, which can be found at simulationcraft - Google Code

I know that Warriors have not been implemented yet, and I'm not sure if anyone has even started working on them, but I do know that it would be wonderful if you were able to help the project out as well.

#28 Tankietka

Tankietka

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:47 AM

Is weapon damage the actual weapon or the char sheet main/offhand damage?
What modifiers should i take into account - are the STR/AP stats and such, including things like Strength of Arms or not?

Basically some instruction manual.

Weapon damage
Currently it is average hit damage, that is (min_dmg+max_dmg)/2.

Input stats
You should not count any increases/decreases from talents and buffs implemented in DPSSim - it is added automaticaly when you choose given talent/buff (for example, when you choose Strength of Arms your strength will automaticaly be buffed by 4% - when you change strength after selecting SoA, 4% will be calculated for new value automaticaly). Calculated value after counting in all selected talents and buffs is visible in greyed out field to the right of input field.

A good procedure to get proper final stats is:

1. select all talents, buffs, glyphs, set bonuses
2. enter such stat values that in greyed out field you will get value you see on character sheet (while under buffs chosen in step 1)

Crit, hit chance, haste and armor penetration are entered as percents: 0.01 = 1%.

Buffs
There are two kinds of buffs: static and dynamic.

Static is as name says - you have it all the time or want to simulate it this way (obvious for Blessing of Might, if you want to simulate only execute phase, there is static buff just for that).

Dynamic however is a buff that not necessarily is always active/available. Currently there are 3:
- Bloodrage: if selected simulation will "use" this ability every time it is off cooldown (you can see it in Simulation and Results view)
- HP based buffs: if selected conditions (treated as "buffs") will be simulated - for example Rend's "If used while your target is above 75% health, Rend does 35% more damage" or "Under 20% HP" abilities will become active. Note that HP of target is not actually simulated, so it is assumed that 75%HP is reached after 25% of fight length and similarily 20%HP at 80% of fight length.
- Recklessness: same as Bloodrage, if selected simulation will use it every cooldown

I'm working currently on trinkets, hopefully in next few weeks it will be ready.

Simulation view

Example simulation:

0.0 Bloodrage gained
0.0 Bloodrage [10]
0.0 Bloodrage cooldown started {60.0}
0.0 Swing (glancing) hits T1 for 500.0 [25]
0.0 Rend (normal) hits T1 for 0.0 [15]
0.0 T1 gained Rend
0.0 T1 gained Blood Frenzy
1.0 Bloodrage tick [16]
2.0 Bloodrage tick [2]
2.0 Slam (critical) hits T1 for 2037.5 [2]
2.0 T1 gained Trauma
2.0 Wrecking Crew gained
2.0 T1 gained Deep Wounds
3.0 Anger Management tick [3]
3.0 Rend tick (normal) hits T1 for 397.3 [3]
3.0 Taste for Blood gained
3.0 Bloodrage tick [4]
3.0 Deep Wounds tick (normal) hits T1 for 175.8 [4]
Number in square brackets [] is amount of rage AFTER using ability in this line.
Number in curly brackets {} is length of cooldown of given ability.
Targets are named T1,T2,...,Tn.

Rotation
Hopefully it is quite clear - you choose abilities in prioriy list (top ones have higher priority than lower ones) adding conditions on which they should be used.
Simulation takes such list and going from top to bottom looks for ability it should execute. After finding one for which there is enough rage at the moment, it is not on cooldown and set condition is met it is executed and simulation goes back to first ability on list.

Results
This panel contains some values calculated/gathered during simualtion. For example:

DPS: 1617.57

Damage breakdown
---------------------------------
Rend tick 7.2% of damage
normal: 349216 damage (100.0%) 880 hits (100.0%)

Execute 6.62% of damage
dodged: 0 damage (0.0%) 9 hits (5.49%)
normal: 156016 damage (48.56%) 106 hits (64.63%)
critical: 165244 damage (51.44%) 49 hits (29.88%)

Overpower 20.65% of damage
normal: 107410 damage (10.72%) 115 hits (21.7%)
critical: 894587 damage (89.28%) 415 hits (78.3%)

Swing 15.26% of damage
glancing: 123480 damage (16.67%) 216 hits (28.05%)
dodged: 0 damage (0.0%) 36 hits (4.68%)
normal: 246586 damage (33.29%) 302 hits (39.22%)
critical: 370716 damage (50.04%) 216 hits (28.05

Uptimes
Bladestorm: 6.6%
Wrecking Crew: 99.7%
Taste for Blood: 13.17%
Deep Wounds: 93.23%
Bloodrage: 16.67%
Trauma: 99.93%
Blood Frenzy: 100.0%
Overpower: 6.37%
Rend: 88.07%
Sudden Death: 25.6%

Other
rage overflows: 3
rage per second: 6.46
GCDs usage: 89.66%
Deep Wounds tick damage (avg): 436.31
Rend tick damage (avg): 396.84
number of Slams per swing (avg): 1.14
Overpower every 5.66s (on avg.)
Execute every 18.29s (on avg.)
number of GCDs used per swing (avg): 2.33
main hand swing time (avg): 3.9s

#29 Tankietka

Tankietka

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 06:52 AM

Have you thought about lending your talent to SimulationCraft, which can be found at simulationcraft - Google Code

I know that Warriors have not been implemented yet, and I'm not sure if anyone has even started working on them, but I do know that it would be wonderful if you were able to help the project out as well.

Unfortunately not at this time, especially that C++ is not language I know very well.

#30 Laurana

Laurana

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:18 AM

Happy you. C++ is a giant pain in the butt to write. Its only advantage over Java is that it is obviously much faster.

I still would like to know thouch why the calculated offhand damage is less than 50% of the calculated mainhand damage for two equal weapons :/

#31 Tunedbeats

Tunedbeats

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:34 AM

Its only advantage over Java is that it is obviously much faster.

With all the improvements to the JVM and JIT compilers you can safely take "obviously" and "much" and replace it with "slightly".

#32 Tankietka

Tankietka

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

I still would like to know thouch why the calculated offhand damage is less than 50% of the calculated mainhand damage for two equal weapons :/

Good catch, pretty big bug on my side - in some places I counted offhand damage 50% reduction twice.

Bug is now fixed, corrected version is available under original link.

Using the opportunity - Improved Berserker Stance has been updated to 20% strength bonus.

#33 Laurana

Laurana

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

With all the improvements to the JVM and JIT compilers you can safely take "obviously" and "much" and replace it with "slightly".

I have never used JIT java compilers yet but I can imagine them producing fast code. As for the JVM, last time I checked it was still slower than native code by at least two orders of magnitude. Maybe I'm out of date on that though.

#34 Rack

Rack

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

I tried out the mod, looks pretty good! Here are my notes/users manual if you just want to look at your Character Sheet (CS) and input your stats, with examples!

Average Damage: (weapon top end + weapon bottom end)/2. [910+606/2 = 758]
Speed: Weapon swing speed, unbuffed. [3.40]
Strength: Untalented Strength (might need to round up to get it right). This means you'll have to divide by 1.04 to account for Strength of Arms, etc. [1085/1.04 = 1043.2, input 1044]
Agility: Untalented Agility. [314]
AP: Mouse over Power, find the D in "Melee Attack Power B (C + D). Subtract AP from talents (like AttT) and input result. [MAP 3484 (2390 + 1094) 1094 - (13914/60)= 862.1. Input 863]. Also, DPSSim seems to assume a 5/5 Commanding Presence Battle Shout, so subtract 55 for every 2 points in Commanding Presence you don't/won't have. [863 - 2x55 = 753]
Crit Chance: Mouse over Crit Chance, find (+X% crit chance). Input X/100. [18.80/100 = 0.188]
Haste: Mouse over Speed, find (+Y% haste). Input Y/100. [3.87/100 = 0.0387]
Expertise: Mouse over Expertise, find (+Z expertise). Input Z. [26]
Ignore Armor: Mouse over hit, find (Enemy armor reduced by up to A%). Input A/100. [5.46/100= 0.0546]
Armor: Input armor - 2xAgility. [13914 -2x314 = 13286]

For quick and dirty trinket sim, I just used a stat on the trinket, assumed the proc was worth the same in terms of stat points, and added the adjusted proc equivalent on top of the previous inputs. Greatness has +90strength, proc would then be worth +90 more strength and Mirror of Truth. with 84 crit rating, would have a proc worth 84x2 or 168 AP. This likely overestimates uptime, but not by much.

#35 Tinktank

Tinktank

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:30 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that Rend is doing less damage on the simulator? Rend ticking for less than 600 with 2/2 imp rend and trauma up, it's like half of its damage.

#36 Shha

Shha

King Hippo

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:41 PM

Overpower also seems to do way less damage then it should (less damage in simulation with full raid buffs, then i get on unsundered dummy).

#37 Flaps

Flaps

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:28 AM

Might be me but I've been trying to simulate Dual Wield Arms with Mace and Poleaxe specialization but it seems that selecting Mace Spec. doesn't affect my dps at all/enough.

#38 Shha

Shha

King Hippo

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:29 AM

Also expertise and -dodge talents seem to do exactly nothing (are dodges even simulated?)

#39 Tankietka

Tankietka

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:22 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that Rend is doing less damage on the simulator? Rend ticking for less than 600 with 2/2 imp rend and trauma up, it's like half of its damage.

Hmm, maybe you are expecting values with bonus from above 75% HP with no "HP based buffs" selected? If that's not solution please post/send stats/talents/simulation log.

Overpower also seems to do way less damage then it should (less damage in simulation with full raid buffs, then i get on unsundered dummy).

The only thing that comes to mind is that maybe that's because in simulation all weapon damage is averaged, so weapon with big difference between min and max damage in real environment can show white hits/Overpowers etc as bigger.
Damage calculation is essentially the same as for Mortal Strike (except bonus damage, talents and glyphs). Do you see this difference on Mortal Strike hits too? Whirlwind?
Nonetheless I will recheck it on my character.

Also expertise and -dodge talents seem to do exactly nothing (are dodges even simulated?)

Strange, they work for me. Can you post what stats/talents you have selected?

Might be me but I've been trying to simulate Dual Wield Arms with Mace and Poleaxe specialization but it seems that selecting Mace Spec. doesn't affect my dps at all/enough.

Have you selected mace type for weapon/weapons in Stats panel?

#40 Flaps

Flaps

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:37 AM

Have you selected mace type for weapon/weapons in Stats panel?

Yes I did, but I'm dual wielding an axe in the mh and a mace in the offhand with both poleaxe and mace spec.
The mace spec option seems to work fine when I only got a 2h mace equiped but it doesn't seem to work when I'm offhanding it as a 1her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users