Photo

[Elemental] ESSE stat spreadsheet (updated to 4.0.1)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 lrdx

lrdx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

As there is no Elemental theorycraft tool for 4.0.1 (yet?), I have re-written ESSE to have at least a rough image of things. (Note: ESSE isn't even trying to be the alpha and omega of Elemental Shaman theorycrafting, treat it accordingly)
It is available on Google Docs as usual:
https://docs.google....3YTMzOTIy&hl=hu

If you have Google account (GMail is one), log in, open the spreadsheet, and create a copy of it to edit (File -> Create copy). If you do not, you can try exporting it to Excel or OpenOffice formats (File -> Export.. -> Excel or OpenOffice. After you got an editable copy, set up the settings (yellow background cells), and receive the numbers in the green cells. If you want to know more, check other tabs.

The sheet does not model spell rotation / priority, but instead spells are weighted using the amount you cast - enter statistics from your raids (e.g. using WoL) to set them up correctly. This also means the spreadsheet has limited coverage of Elemental shaman "features", only models Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Flame Shock and Earth Shock (with Flumination). If you feel any other spell should be on the list, please let me know.

If you see any bugs / errors / mistypes, also let me know.

#2 Glaneon

Glaneon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

I exported this to Excel type, but I am getting #N/A as values in many locations. This is what the formula is listing as well, so I don't know what it's missing or where the value is being obtained from (I suppose a search of that cell address may give me something) Obviously you may not be able to control this, but I know nothing about GoogleDocs and have only better than average experience with Excel.

#3 gothic

gothic

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:27 PM

Hello Lrdx,
I was wondering if you would consider a toggle for enabling and disabling the usage of Bloodlust/Heroism?

I'd like to use your sheet to compare with my own prorgam to see how the results relate, and I'm not quite savvy enough to just remove the haste calculation from your sheet.

As always, the work you (And others) do for the community is much appreciated.

#4 lrdx

lrdx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:19 AM

I can't really do anything about the Excel export, last time I've checked it worked fine.. I'll try to make a working xls version if Google won't fix it soon ™ and upload it somewhere.

On the settings page now you can set the fight's length and if you use BL or not.

Also, I've updated the sheet with the last PTR build, added the new-old glyph. Looks like it's better than the LB glyph. (edit: modelled the GCD with the glyph wrong, made it too good. With the fixed model, the best 3 glyphs are still FS, LvB and LB)

#5 lrdx

lrdx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:54 PM

I have made a couple of updates to the sheet:

• I have moved talent / glyph / raid composition settings from settings tab to the comparator tab, now you can compare glyphs or presence of different raid buffs.
  • Created a PTR page, currently it calculates with the new talent and glyph. Is there any other change it should be aware of? It is updated to build 9637 (altho it's not different from the previous 2 PTR versions :) )
  • Talent settings are done via copying an MMO-Champion talent calculator link to a given cell. If you don't like it doing this way, just overwrite the functions that parse a given talent a couple of lines below. Getting a clean live calculator link is tricky here, as MMO only links the PTR version on the main page, but change the version in the URL to 9551 (that is the build number of 3.0.9)
  • Corrected the Thunder Capacitor's calculations, the cooldown is only applied to the release of the bolt, not to gaining charges.
  • Cleaned up a few cells, they should be more readable now.

What is yet to come (aka TODO list):
  • More consumables.
  • Better support for different professions.
  • Add raid (de)buffs that increase damage by a given percent, like CoE, Inspiration. These won't change the scales, just the final DPS number.
  • Parse glyphs from the MMO talent link as well.
  • Parse Raid buffs from an MMO RaidComp link.
  • More cleanup. Some functions are over the complexity of understanding in 5 sec.
  • Anything you suggest.

#6 lrdx

lrdx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:41 PM

Updates, yay!
  • Updated to build 9658
  • Added all possible raid (de)buffs I know of.
TODO:
  • More consumables.
  • Better support for different professions.
  • Parse glyphs from the MMO talent link as well. (well.. not until Boubouille fixes it)
  • Parse Raid composition from an MMO RaidComp link.

#7 lrdx

lrdx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

• Updated to build 9684.
  • Removed calculations with Elemental Mastery, as I don't know how to handle the new version in the "official" patch notes (nerfed effect and duration, one instant cast), and it is not significant DPS boost.

#8 kahalm

kahalm

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

Some suggestions I would love to see:

Implement JC only gems (might be covered by better profession support)
Pawn value for metagems

Thanks for your work and special thanks for not using Excel

#9 kahalm

kahalm

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

If I change for example draenei aura (b52) to be true the corresponding values in line 52 stay false and therefore the spreadsheets result is rather strange

#10 lrdx

lrdx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

OOps, fixed that. And added the metagem for pawn.

#11 kahalm

kahalm

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

If the shaman reaches hit cap using gems, +hit on gear is still valuable, as (s)he could swap in spell power gems instead of hit ones - to model this, my spreadsheet suggests to re-gem for each set of stats, and calculates with those values. The gemming strategy will select 2 blue gems for the meta, socket +hit until cap, then fills the rest with spell power.

I am currently hitcapt (with gems) and the value for more hit is 1.36 and for spellpower 1.21 and i am using 16 hit gems and 9 spl 8 hit gems.
If I would aquire 8 more hit on gear I would win 10 spellpower (from the gem): 8*1.21 = 10.88 // 10*1.21 = 12.1
If I would aquire 16 more hit on gear I would win 19 spellpower (from the gem): 16*1.21 = 19.36 // 19*1.21 = 22.99

I am rather confused cause I thought the left and the right side should be equivalent

#12 lrdx

lrdx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

If I would aquire 8 more hit on gear I would win 10 spellpower (from the gem): 8*1.21 = 10.88 // 10*1.21 = 12.1

Uhm.. purple/orange colored gems have 9 spell power, 9*1.21 = 10.89. The other comes from that currently, gems are "half gems" for the table, so the 19 spellpower gem is actually just 2*9. Fix will come with the support of JC gems.

#13 kahalm

kahalm

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

new change new bug ;) You missed a "," (I think it is called semicolon) in the Pawnstring between yellow socket and meta socket

#14 lrdx

lrdx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:30 AM

That's what I get for doing changes at work, and don't check it in-game..

#15 kahalm

kahalm

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:12 PM

A good addition to the pawn string might be a second one witch rates hit=0. It helps me to find out the best item-combination from the gear currently availably to me (and I have done it manually but have to re change it every update)

#16 lrdx

lrdx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

Updated to build 9704: Added T8 set bonuses. No other changes (give me more free time!)

#17 lrdx

lrdx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

Updated to live.

Removed the gemming system, as it just created a gazillion of input parameters, and I don't think it was worth it. Now there are two scales, one with, one without +hit - use the second only if you don't have any +hit gems. This means, now the value of hit is: max(actual value ; spell power value / 19*16)

Also revamped the raid composition settings. Please tell if you see any errors.

I still need to add the new relic.

#18 micfiygd

micfiygd

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:27 AM

EDIT: nevermind

#19 Mightyatom

Mightyatom

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

Irdx,

Rank 14 Lightning Bolt base damage range is 719-819. Information on wowhead.com and the like about Lightning Bolt damage on all ranks is outdated. You are using 715-815 lower and upperbound in your model.

And since I am unable to phantom your math in the spreadsheet I would very much like to know how you calculate Lightning Bolt and Lightning Overload damage from spellpower and base damage in simple math for validation.

Also would like to see the option of excluding raid buffs and just being able to enter a simple final bonus damage number.

Thanks in advance and I would like to hear from you soon!

#20 lrdx

lrdx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

The old bounds 715-815 were true until 3.1, I have updated this in the beta sheets, looks like this change was left out when I merged changes back to the live sheets, thanks.

I use the standard
( base_damage + coefficient * spellpower ) * damage_multiplier
formula for all spells. For Lightning Bolt,
  • base damage is the average of 719 and 819
  • coefficient is 2.5/3.5+0.1 (from Shamanism)
  • damage multiplier consist of Concussion, LB glyph, and LO. Extra damage done/taken (de)buffs are calculated separately, seen as a last multiplier in "xy spell average damage" rows.
Bonus damage from critical strikes are calculated later (around line 150), together with CC/EO bonus damage multiplier.

LO's effect is considered also when calculating Clearcasting chances: every LB (or CL) are actually two different spells (the normal and the one from overload) with the same crit chanse, increasing the chance of proccing CC.

Edit: typos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users