255 replies to this topic

#241 Buchla

Buchla

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:29 AM

Ashaera has sold his account.

I hope anyone else will do a new "Moonkin Guide for Dummies!" Thread.

:-(

#242 Terrapins

Terrapins

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:53 AM

how bad iscompared to in dps comapritively. Im using crying wind atm and dont have the badges to get shooting star currently just wondering how big of a dps increase it would be if im using a 1mf rotation

#243 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:45 AM

Terra

Damage from IS idol will be about 118 * number of IS ticks (IS glyph, not tier bonus).

Damage from SF idol will be about 263 * (SF non crit + 2.09 * SF crit)

If you manage only 2 SF (one crit and one non-crit) every 12s, and maintain 100% IS uptime, the SF idol still wins.

IS Idol can be better on fights with enough movement, but with anything close to a PW-style fight, the SF idol will be much better.

Edit: Graylo says that the idols actually increase base damage, not spellpower. Since both IS and SF have coefficients of 1.2, both of my numbers above are 20% too large. For comparing the two idols against each other, that is ok, just don't count on their values in an absolute sense.

#244 Laserchicken

Laserchicken

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

Guys since FF is 5% now, do you still need 265 hitrating for the cap?
Not sure..

thanks for replies

#245 melth

melth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:23 PM

It's 5% armor reduction but still 3% hit.

#246 Jarob

Jarob

Banned

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

I've had a look through a few threads, and I can't find this, but apologies if it is already somewhere! I'd like to know if I should proc lunar eclipse, or solar eclipse (or just a straight wrath spam). My spec is here:

The World of Warcraft Armory

(By the way, feel free to comment on the spec if you want, it's for 10 man raiding/heroics.)

And my stats are: 14% haste (overall, counting talents), 1986 spell power, 18.4kmana, 21.39crit, 141hit (im using my resto gear (with a few balance pieces) for my balance gear, so gear advice isn't really that needed :) )

Thanks!

Jarob

#247 Najtrok

Najtrok

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

I just configured Rawr to Optimize my gear using the Optimizer. Before I adjusted all available Buffs (triple checked them) and entered my current gear + possible Moonkin Stuff and ran the Optimizer.

I accepted the output thinking it will be better than my current setup (which I assumed by available stuff to be pretty near perfect). Now Rawr put me out some config where I got
261 Hit Rating
which is (as we know) not a cap...

Am I mistaken now, that 261 is the cap and not 263 (which I assume)?
Or is this a Rawr Error?
Or does Rawr think being 0.02% under cap is acceptable (which I dont...)?

Pretty confused here if I should listen to Rawr or if I should just leave it (you should be seing my Moonkin Stuff on Armory if I am not in Heal Gear)

#248 khel

khel

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:00 PM

I just configured Rawr to Optimize my gear using the Optimizer. Before I adjusted all available Buffs (triple checked them) and entered my current gear + possible Moonkin Stuff and ran the Optimizer.

I accepted the output thinking it will be better than my current setup (which I assumed by available stuff to be pretty near perfect). Now Rawr put me out some config where I got
261 Hit Rating
which is (as we know) not a cap...

Am I mistaken now, that 261 is the cap and not 263 (which I assume)?
Or is this a Rawr Error?
Or does Rawr think being 0.02% under cap is acceptable (which I dont...)?

Pretty confused here if I should listen to Rawr or if I should just leave it (you should be seing my Moonkin Stuff on Armory if I am not in Heal Gear)

Being 0.02% under the hit cap is fine for a moonkin. What matters is maximum dps. By most dps models, having 10 extra spellpower instead of 2 hit rating is preferred, and that is often the choice you have to make when you are very close to the hit cap like this.

#249 Adoriele

Adoriele

Happy October 19th!

• Members
  • 10089 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

Being 0.02% under the hit cap is fine for a moonkin. What matters is maximum dps. By most dps models, having 10 extra spellpower instead of 2 hit rating is preferred, and that is often the choice you have to make when you are very close to the hit cap like this.

This. Hit rating is worth ~1.5 Spellpower or so, so if it was a trade between 2 Hit and 3 Spellpower, Rawr might go either way, but anything more and the spellpower's going to win. And yes, you'll do more DPS with the spellpower. That said, the 7 spellpower you'd be missing is only worth about 8.4 DPS. That's a small enough number that if you're uncomfortable with the chance of missing a critical spell (though remember that you'd only miss one in every 5000 casts), you can go ahead and make the trade.

#250 Zarin1480

Zarin1480

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

Since Rawr and gearing has been here a fair bit, I thought I woudl raise this question.

I have been reading EJ for a while, I know hit cap is first and foremost in a moonkin's stats priority. I had been at 239 before stating Ulduar raids. Much of the gear in there has been 0 hit rating, and against my better judgment I equipped a few pieces. Now I am at 206. (I can still hold near 4k on a dummy, even with the odd miss, and as soon as I can get hit gear back......) Anyhow. Point of the post: I installed Rawr to see how it evaluated my gear and enchants and my gems. I checked the buffs, and clicked on the standard me-only buffs I woudl have (SP food, Mark of the Wild, and just for some #'s I added a flask of the frost wyrm. No other buffs were enabled. I hit optimize with only my equipped moonkin gear, and it suggested to me, that I remove every single one of my +hit gems and enchants, and go with Spellpower and Spirit. Taking my hit down to a rather painful 144 or so.

Someone please - enlighten me. Did I do something wrong in Rawr, or is it really not looking at hit rating as a gemmable/enchantable stat, or what's the deal here?

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks

#251 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11580 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:37 PM

Did you use the Edits Gem Templates window to set up some gemming options that include hit?

[e] hmm, just noticed this is the pre-3.1 thread. Maybe lock or something?

#252 Zarin1480

Zarin1480

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:46 PM

Nope - didn;t edit the templates. MyBad. Assumed they would have had hit gems in there since hit cap is so important. Once I fixed that up, it seems to be almost perfect. (and got me back up to hit cap while still being able to use all my nicer gear)

Now if only I can get more +hit gear, so that I can stop using so many purple and green gems, and get my SP back up. LOL

Thanks for the tip, and yes, this appears to be an older thread. Time to find a current one :)

#253 Citra

Citra

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

was just wondering if Quartz Eclipse(that im currently using) is as good as Squawk and Awe, as i see CD and GCD on with Quartz aswell?

#254 Poromu

Poromu

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

The only thing I prefer S&A over Quartz is the DoT Tick timer. Timing a MF/IS refresh during movement to not clip a full tick is pretty nice.

#255 Grebe

Grebe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

I was just wondering which is more important? Crit or Haste? Right now my guild is attempting hard modes and I am stacked heavily on haste. I see the mages pulling over 10k on Hodir hardmode where i can at best get 7k. I know positioning is key in this fight but what else can I do? Here is a link to my current spec. The World of Warcraft Armory

#256 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11580 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:55 PM

I was just wondering which is more important? Crit or Haste? Right now my guild is attempting hard modes and I am stacked heavily on haste. I see the mages pulling over 10k on Hodir hardmode where i can at best get 7k. I know positioning is key in this fight but what else can I do? Here is a link to my current spec. The World of Warcraft Armory

For general stat/spec handholding, read the OP.

For Hodir: Favor crit over haste if you can here. Not much else changes on a personal level--try to minimize movement and utilize the buffs. Success is based more on raid-wide strategy for handling buffs and positioning; individual DPS is mostly random.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users