• This topic is locked This topic is locked
778 replies to this topic

#761 Mourad

Mourad

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

I'm a longtime grid user, but am intrigued by Vuhdo. How do people who have used both feel about debuff handling in Vuhdo versus Grid? I currently have two separate icons on my frames for 1) raid debuffs and 2) cleanse able debuffs (which, admittedly, are sometimes the same). My fear is that Vuhdo either shows only debuffs which are cleans able or all debuffs ... no middle ground.

Another question relates to GridStatusControlPipes. Has anyone been able to get this working with the new Grid update? I used to use this to pipe lifebloom into GridManaBars but it is no longer working for me and am wondering if anyone has had any luck.

#762 Benassi

Benassi

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

I'm a longtime grid user, but am intrigued by Vuhdo. How do people who have used both feel about debuff handling in Vuhdo versus Grid? I currently have two separate icons on my frames for 1) raid debuffs and 2) cleanse able debuffs (which, admittedly, are sometimes the same). My fear is that Vuhdo either shows only debuffs which are cleans able or all debuffs ... no middle ground.

Another question relates to GridStatusControlPipes. Has anyone been able to get this working with the new Grid update? I used to use this to pipe lifebloom into GridManaBars but it is no longer working for me and am wondering if anyone has had any luck.

Vuhdo can show curable debuffs and also special debuffs if you want. For instance, with HLK I had the custom debuff monitor power word:shield so that I knew who was shielded and who might have been missed so that I can heal the infest that was missed by the priests.

#763 Thumbsmasher

Thumbsmasher

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

A search of this thread shows a few brief mentions of Rewatch, but no real discussion of the addon as a viable UI addition. As this thread would seem to have drifted more toward heal panel selection and configuration, rather than overall UI selection and layout, the inclusion of Rewatch would seem appropriate.

Overview-
Highly graphical heal panel- Resto Druid specific

Pros-

Works immediately out of the box, no real configuration necessary
Scalable party/raid member panels by default contain all druid heal spells, health bar, display timer bars for each HoT spell, show LB stacks.
Icons in each party member panel for SM,HT,Nourish,RC,and thorns. (As Remove Corruption replaces both Remove Curse and Abolish Poison icons, Thorns icon was added to fill that void))
RC icon is greyed out until available for cast on debuffed party member, and the party member eligible for the buff will have their frame change color as notification
All panel icons have CD timers
Individual party member panels can be dragged anywhere on the screen to suit the druid, allowing for heal priorities to be closely grouped. Panels can then be locked to location.
Shift-right click dead party member health bar to rez. Brez or normal rez is automatically chosen, based on combat status

Cons-

Works immediately out of the box, no real configuration necessary. This may cause consternation for those who insist on micro-tweaking everything
Takes up too much screen real estate for any group over 10m, (personal opinion) though it is still very viable for tank healers, as party/raid member panels can be removed/added individually. Also viable for healers who have finite heal assignments in 25m
Sorting of heal spells cannot be adjusted
There is not currently an embedded CD timer to show the lag between when WG falls off, and is available for recast

#764 NMFord

NMFord

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:15 AM

I thought I would share with you how I organise my HoT indicators on my Grid.

I have labelled the appropriate indicators in the image below.

The only thing missing there is an indicator displaying if there are existing hots (other than my own). Due to the style of healing in cataclysm (spamming big heals, not worrying about mana) I never really found it to be a huge disadvantage. But I am adding something in Cataclysm due to the healing mindset change.

EDIT: I realise there is a typo in the image but I'm not opening photoshop again just to change it

Also, my cast bar isn't visibile but I use quartz centered just at the top of the black area where my unitframe is

Posted Image

#765 Greentouch

Greentouch

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 06:27 AM

Well I disabled the cluster feature on Vuhdo :( It was extremely useful when efflorescence was worth something, but since I untalented it... Pretty sure its a performance hog feature anyway.

Just thought some of you might need the reminder if you still use it, or a similar feature on another healing mod.

#766 Nym the Resto

Nym the Resto

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:50 PM

Throughout leveling, I loved healbot, and then later transitioned to Vuhdo. After joining a less casual (still not 'hardcore') raiding guild, I was prompted into making a change and swapped to Grid. I've gotten used to grid now, but as of late, I've noticed GridStatusLifebloom seems out of commission, as well as having other problems with error messages and such. I am considering swapping back to Vuhdo, but not only is that swapping my primary healing frames, but also swapping from keybound to click based again. I was wondering, out of other druids, who all has used both methods and their opinions of each?

Also, in a separate question, I've found that I like having a basic raid frame in addition to my healing one- to show myself, target, focus, etc. With a 15.5" laptop with limited capability in memory, being a few years old, I am constantly torn between pitbull and x-perl. I've been using pitbull and configuring it is a pain in my posterior, but is x-perl as useful for individual frames? I know that it has good party and raid based groupings, but not sure on individual, and was wondering if, like the previous question, could explain their preferences and why?

#767 Greentouch

Greentouch

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:47 AM

I use Shadowed unit frames myself so I don't know. Its extremely customizable, I really can't imagine any reason to switch. A lot of people in my guild complained around 4.0 about xpearl or pitbull, but SUF has performed for me through all the patches with no hiccups.

#768 molemole

molemole

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

Anyone know what addon the cooldown timer is above the target frame is in Hamlet's UI please?

Really would like to try it out

Thanks

Physis

#769 Silentdeathz

Silentdeathz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 04:53 AM

Quick question here for Hamlet;

YouTube - Cataclysm Raid Test: Bastion of Twilight, Twin Dragons

Which addon is it you're using to track your lifebloom (bar) above ur raid frame?

Can said addon track other things such as your cyclones and what not, like natur enemy castbar used to in TBC?

#770 oopsminded

oopsminded

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

@Silentdeadthz - He's probably using HotCandy.

#771 grutak

grutak

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

Throughout leveling, I loved healbot, and then later transitioned to Vuhdo. After joining a less casual (still not 'hardcore') raiding guild, I was prompted into making a change and swapped to Grid. I've gotten used to grid now, but as of late, I've noticed GridStatusLifebloom seems out of commission, as well as having other problems with error messages and such. I am considering swapping back to Vuhdo, but not only is that swapping my primary healing frames, but also swapping from keybound to click based again. I was wondering, out of other druids, who all has used both methods and their opinions of each?

Also, in a separate question, I've found that I like having a basic raid frame in addition to my healing one- to show myself, target, focus, etc. With a 15.5" laptop with limited capability in memory, being a few years old, I am constantly torn between pitbull and x-perl. I've been using pitbull and configuring it is a pain in my posterior, but is x-perl as useful for individual frames? I know that it has good party and raid based groupings, but not sure on individual, and was wondering if, like the previous question, could explain their preferences and why?

I haven't had any grid errors in weeks. There are two things you could try. If you use the Curse addon manager, you can try changing the release type of the addon from "release" to "beta", by right clicking on the specific addon you are having problems with. I know that worked for several addons after 4.0.1 came out, but I don't remember if GSLifebloom was one of them. Also, you might need to manually edit the Lua file. Do a search on the specific error and see if there is any recent chatter about it. Some times you can find a quick fix or copy/paste.

#772 Phaedrusxx

Phaedrusxx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:40 AM

Anyone know what addon the cooldown timer is above the target frame is in Hamlet's UI please?

Really would like to try it out

Thanks

Physis

Quick question here for Hamlet;

YouTube - Cataclysm Raid Test: Bastion of Twilight, Twin Dragons

Which addon is it you're using to track your lifebloom (bar) above ur raid frame?

Can said addon track other things such as your cyclones and what not, like natur enemy castbar used to in TBC?

both are fortexorcist.

eta - there are a lot of warlock specific parts of that addon, but the cooldown timer and spell timer are fantastic for any class.

#773 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:08 AM

In my videos, the all-in-one cooldown bar is SexyCooldown and the Lifebloom timer is HotCandy. Both are pretty common functionality though, with various mods that do similar things.

I'm actually shifting away from the cooldown bar and am thinking of getting rid of it whenever I next change things around (more to do with Moonkin than Resto, although I'm not sure it's all that great for Resto either). The Lifebloom bar I recommend for anyone, it makes a lot more sense now than tracking LB only in your raid frames--with only one up at once it's nice to see when to refresh without having to look at individual frames.

#774 molemole

molemole

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for the reply Hamlet!

I like the cooldown bar to tell me when ToL or innavate is ready. But I tried sexycooldown and it displays neither no matter what settings I enable. What do other people use the track the longer cooldowns?

Thanks

#775 kittey

kittey

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

As far as i know, SexyCooldown isnt updated for cata. You may want to take a look at the user made version posted by Apoco link

As an alternative, you can use the cooldown module of ForteXorcist to do the same thing.

On a sidenote:
To track the internal cd of Nature's Grace with the ForteXorcist Cooldown Bar, you can simply add the following line to the Forte_Druid.lua:

CD:RegisterHiddenCooldown(nil,61346,60); -- Nature's Grace

-> fixed 60 sec, so its not accurate when in moonkin spec

#776 Daisil

Daisil

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

Version 1 of my UI. Using Version2 now which is slightly different (No black bar across the bottom, items like the Panel Datatexts (gold, sp, etc) are revamped. I'll update a SS later. Available on WoWI :)

#777 Greentouch

Greentouch

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 03:54 AM

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an addon to maximize Nature's Grace uptime? The challenge of course is its an internal cd. Some kind of timer and preferable power aura type pop up would be preferred.

#778 kittey

kittey

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:15 AM

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an addon to maximize Nature's Grace uptime? The challenge of course is its an internal cd. Some kind of timer and preferable power aura type pop up would be preferred.

You may want to check out NeedToKnow (link) - it's able to track all kinds of cooldowns and the author recently added the option to reset cooldowns based on the presence of another buff (eclipse resetting NG cd for example).

If you never play moonkin, static cooldown trackers like ForteXorcist (setup) or ICDBars do the job just fine
As for PowerAuras, you can vote for the Feature Request to track internal Cooldowns at http://powerauras.wikispaces.com/

#779 Nihlo

Nihlo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:59 AM

Or maybe use Koko SpellOverlays to tune up the blizz-effects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users