• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3728 replies to this topic

#3721 NickSeng

NickSeng

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:10 AM

I probably wasn't very clear, but I was merely refuting the fact that unhasted AM is actually higher DPS than ABarr.

I don't disagree with the fact that you should probably use unhasted AM if MBarr doesn't proc, but not because it's higher dps than ABarr. Because it's not.

The reason we should use it is because there is a chance that the AM would turn out to be a MBAM.

It's probably a moot point, and not worth much arguing, but I still like to point out that unhasted AM is not higher DPS than ABarr

#3722 smallrabbit

smallrabbit

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:24 AM

A question about moving on Lichking heroic with arcane specc (phase 1 especially).
The only way to move without lose a lot of dps is by casting ABarr while moving (pom not mentioned because of its cd). What do you think is the best time for it?
At 4 stacks AB-Debuff, or after a 4debuffed MBAM. I usually move (and cast Abarr) after the MBAM cast, but i don't know if this is the best time.
Another question is: should i cast a MBAM-procc from Abarr directly without any AB-debuff? I think i remember it's best, but i don't know exactly and i can't find it again.
In the last days I played Lichking with fire specc, because of its instant spells in standard rotation (living bomb, hot streak) for moving. I like Arcane much more and want to play in this specc if possible. But the comparison arcane/fire shows me that I do more damage with fire specc.
Do you in generel see a possibility that arcane is playable with similar dps (looking at LK hc fight)?

#3723 Kavan

Kavan

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

Regarding using ABar while moving check this post I've made (http://elitistjerks....36/#post1531937). It doesn't answer your question directly, but you can infer from it that using ABar right after you've used MBAM should be better. And if ABar procs, you should use MBAM on 0 stack.

#3724 Carebare

Carebare

::stare::

• Moderators
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:04 AM

It doesn't make sense to me that there was a bunch of chatter about ignite. It's possible this is because I'm a dumb druid. I removed the posts. If it turns out I am dumb, feel free to PM me and I can restore them. Otherwise if I was right, THIS HERE THREAD SAYS ARCANE. Thanks.

i miss raiding with carebare :< she makes me feel like i am not the only person that hates everyone
Aldriana: I am an asshole, it just so happens that some of my colleagues are even *bigger* assholes.
[R] [85:Neux:2]: i hear if you die on Good Friday they are going to make it where you can't get rezzed until easter sunday
Khazal: Yeah, I don't know about Magic Rainbow Unicorn Land, but here in Reality, Rhyolith is the worst encounter Blizzard has ever designed.

#3725 Charel

Charel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:07 PM

Hi,
Being new to the arcane mage business, I was wondering why one would invest talent points into ‘arcane stability’ if ‘icy veins’ also cover a push back reduction. At least so it seems to me, considering that ‘icy veins’ do simply refer to casting in general without limitation to frost spells, they should cover arcane spells as well?

Also, am I right in believing that ‘ice shards’ should be skilled in order to increase damage from casting ‘blizzard’?

My apologies if this was asked before, but although I went through the posts I couldn’t trace anything on the matter.

#3726 Kermits-finger

Kermits-finger

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

@ Charel

The pushback negation from Icy Veins is only in effect as long as Icy Veins is active. That means it’s only good for 20 seconds every 3 minutes.
Not everyone takes points in Arcane Stability, in certain fights it's very nice to have and in others you don't need it at all.
I don't know whether Ice Shards affects Blizzard or not, it would stand to reason that it does.

#3727 Imnick

Imnick

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:54 PM

A priest that raids with me keeps advising me that I should press Arcane Barrage just as the fifth missile of Arcane Missiles ticks as it will also gain the Arcane Blast debuff, however I have never managed to replicate this effect myself.
Is this true and I am just too slow, or have they been misinformed?

#3728 Astrylian

Astrylian

Rawr

• Members
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

Misinformed. It worked like that for like 2 weeks at the start of patch... 3.2 I think? But it was fixed shortly after.
Rawr!

#3729 Pasture

Pasture

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

A priest that raids with me keeps advising me that I should press Arcane Barrage just as the fifth missile of Arcane Missiles ticks as it will also gain the Arcane Blast debuff, however I have never managed to replicate this effect myself.
Is this true and I am just too slow, or have they been misinformed?

This was a bug that was fixed a long time ago. It hasn't been possible since Naxx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users