#41 Iru

Iru

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:52 AM

That can be reduced to

/use [target=focus] Viper Sting

and then stuck in some other macro or simply remove any client side lag from the multiple targeting efforts

#42 Pootch

Pootch

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:31 AM

Has someone tried out BC Heroic Instances?
(BM Tank Pet Specc).

I have tried one Heroic as SV Hunter, but the damage on my pet was too high [even with T5 (2)].

#43 Gorrog666

Gorrog666

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:23 PM

(BM Tank Pet Specc).

I have tried one Heroic as SV Hunter, but the damage on my pet was too high [even with T5 (2)].

Yes the damage is far too high for a single hunter to do a heroic instance but you should be able to duo it perfectly fine with a healer. This is a great way to get the raven mount from Sethekk Halls, for example.

#44 CrowneVict

CrowneVict

Banned

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

(BM Tank Pet Specc).

I was able to solo a few bosses in to Heroic Mech, but gave up on Nethermancer.

Edit, then again, my Gorilla was still level 75. I should go back when he's 80.

#45 KraxisSingular

KraxisSingular

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:28 PM

On Gahz'ranka, I usually have either FD or deterrence ready to go when he drops aggro on my pet. Sometimes I have to eat some of his damage, but I just bandage once my pet regains aggro, which is more than enough to keep myself up.

I did Gahz'ranka as Survival with a Gorilla. It took me a few tries to learn it, since I haven't actually faced him before.
The tossattacks he does killed me basically. So I got under the nose of the statue and I would not get tossed high. Previously I stood in the tent... not working.

Unfortunately the bugger has a large hitbox and I ended up meleeing him down for about 80%. Not too bad really as I was still walking the edge in terms of threat (Viper with onehanders is FAST, and the threatresets were easy to avoid). Mend Pet with Blood of the Rhino is plenty to keep a pet up against him. No need to be BM or have special gear. In fact I think a Ferocity pet could handle him with Bloodthirsty and Mend Pet, but I'm not so sure a non-BM pet can do that.

#46 Bozorgmehr

Bozorgmehr

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

Anyone got some tips for Bloodlord Mandokir? its the only im unable to down, not sure why, he hit pretty hard and his healing reduction debuff his painful, I manage to kill the raptor pretty fast, but after that it get messy and if he die, even if he revive him, his health are too low to be able to tank it again. My gorilla is only 79 tho, im not sure if this will make a really big difference? If anyone can give me some advice I'll appreciate

Thanks

The level 80 gorilla would definitely help. I usually use the method shown in this video:
YouTube - Hunter: Solo Bloodlord Mandokir

Grab the raptor at the start while running up the stairs. You need to make sure that he's aggroed on to you for the entirety of the fight. Since you will be out of his line of sight, he will stand there and evade while targeting you. He does have a threat list however, and keeping up mend pet will out-threat the thunderstomp (if using a gorilla).

When feigning death, he will aggro back onto your pet and will stop evading. You have to unload some damage onto the raptor to get him back on you (he will start evading again when he's on you).

While you're standing out of his line of sight, bloodlord will not Charge or Watch you. The other key is making sure you never rip aggro from your pet. If you do, you will be teleported to Mandokir and feared.

I'm surprised not to see this strategy already here. It may or may not be an unintended bug, but I have not heard anything about an upcoming change to it. I could be wrong.

I'm interested to see if anybody has experimented with a Turtle over Gorilla or Worm in a fight like this one, where there is only one target and absorbing damage is the limiting factor.

#47 bandophahita

bandophahita

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

BWL
It is possible to solo BWL packs for Elementium Ore. You need T5.

Can you get to them without doing Razorgore? I never thought of doing that.

Hellooo !

#48 Gorrog666

Gorrog666

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:10 AM

Can you get to them without doing Razorgore? I never thought of doing that.

Hellooo !

No you need a raid to get past the bosses. When I was last time in BWL we left a pack standing and after we cleared I tried to solo them. You essentialy pull the pack onto your gorilla and aoe the goblins that drop the ore, they have little hp, once the goblins are dead you use Feign Death and let your pet die and the pack resets and respawns with new goblins. Loot the dead goblins and repeat.

#49 glowacks

glowacks

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:03 AM

I'm surprised not to see this strategy already here. It may or may not be an unintended bug, but I have not heard anything about an upcoming change to it. I could be wrong.

Intentionally having a mob Evade falls under my definition of exploiting. Creative use of game mechanics is one thing, but using the "Evade" status to take a mob out of the fight amounts to cheating from where I stand.

The raptor has been known to have very screwy behavior throughout the lifecycle of ZG; there was a terrain change and I think a few other tweaks to prevent obvious exploiting, but the basic problems of the Raptor's AI and propensity to Evade were never really fixed. Exploiting this encounter was popular back when it was meaningful content, but doing what you suggest completely undermines the entire point of doing the encounter at level 80.

#50 Ehud

Ehud

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

I did Gahz'ranka as Survival with a Gorilla. It took me a few tries to learn it, since I haven't actually faced him before.
The tossattacks he does killed me basically. So I got under the nose of the statue and I would not get tossed high. Previously I stood in the tent... not working.

As previously mentioned in this thread, if you DPS him while swimming in the water, you don't take fall damage from the tossups.

#51 Khazoo

Khazoo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

I've read somewhere that there is a soft cap of 5 elementium ores lootable per raid ID; no matter the drops. If I read what you are saying correctly, are you able manage to farm more than that on a single run when you reset the pack?

Also, any confirmation on whether a ferocity/gorilladin is better to solo Ony with?

#52 Teedge

Teedge

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

Anybody have any luck with attumen? Don't know if this is at all possible. I'm interested in mounts =D. Just got my deathcharger last night. I haven't gone back to thekal in a while but i've gotten some raid upgrades so far, im not sure if they'll help.

#53 Myul

Myul

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:36 AM

Also, any confirmation on whether a ferocity/gorilladin is better to solo Ony with?

Depending on your specc, gear and resistance, a tenacity pet can offer you:
- a lot more of +aggro (and aoe threat from thunderstomp is a blessing for the whelps)
- more healing received from blood of the rhino (works with both mend pet and 2 pieces tier 5 bonus)
- more survivability for your pet with increased stamina & armor
- more survivability for you with roar of sacrifice (and if specced: intervene)

Without bm specc you will be very thankful for every +aggro you can get you hands on.

Onyxia is not about dps all the time. You will have to md/fd several times during phase 1 & 3. It's all about keeping your serpent up through phase 2, avoid getting hit by too many fireballs and let your pet get all those whelps and properly bomb them quick and deadly.

Especially roar of sacrifice will be crucial for your surviving in phase 2 if you don't want to wear loads of your burning crusade fire resistance gear. Laying down on the ground won't work, without a dot up on the old lady, she will breath (she will do it anyway from time to time) and the breath still hurts for a lot.

Wearing a stamina heavy gear (eg pvp items) might help as good as some fire resistance do, It's really not about dps'ing as fast as you can in the first place.
Before meeting her for the first time, make some preperations. I really recommend a BM specc, some of the biggest healing potins (or use your fire resistance potions from illidan, before they get dusty) and a tenacity pet. A gorilla is preferable due to thunderstomp.

Don't even give it a try with sv specc (hint: she's still fire immun, explosive shot won't hurt her) and not enough experience with the battle and her behaviour, or you might wipe over and over.

#54 Teedge

Teedge

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

I tried to do tiger again. My first attempt went very well but to no avail. All subsequent attempts were not very good... I do it with a worm and i have a spec thats the same as the OP's. Whenever my pet got mortal striked there were some serious problems, mostly resulting in pet death in subsequent attempts. Any suggestions for this? Also, when my pet got stunned and they ran to me, most of the time two of them would stay on me while one went back to my pet. pet had 14k health and 58.05% damage reduction at about 21k armor and i had 17k health and 10k mana.

#55 Vehx

Vehx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:31 AM

Been reading through and saw a general consensus of 2pc t5 being required, just thought I'd post my experience without it. With a gorilla pet as survival Bloodlord was a joke (obvious), but Tiger took a few attempts (and a respec) and lucky rolls of the dice but something I did notice was that putting my pets back to any of the mobs resulted in him dying. He dodged just enough gouges to keep me from dying because I always had a FD or det up when he did get gouged.

Used the standard spec (56/15/0) with all the necessary mitigation talents on my pet, though I wish I'd picked up last stand as it would help immensely with lack of t5.

#56 Teedge

Teedge

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:06 AM

It is possible to bug out thekal and make him go straight into phase 2. Exploiting a boss like this isn't such a great idea though-- i stumbled upon it myself. He did die though, and he did drop loot (no mount).

anybody else on attumen? i'm guessing it is only done as two-man

#57 McMuttons

McMuttons

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:52 PM

I've read somewhere that there is a soft cap of 5 elementium ores lootable per raid ID; no matter the drops. If I read what you are saying correctly, are you able manage to farm more than that on a single run when you reset the pack?

I experienced this doing BWL just a few weeks ago. Seven ores dropped, but after the first five I got a message along the lines of "this item cannot be picked up." Very frustrating since several of us were working on getting the ore for finishing the quest chain to open AQ40.
The Old Grudge: Chief Executive Orc | Chief Troll Officer | Runner of the Ragged

#58 Belzi.ET

Belzi.ET

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:00 PM

From my experience I only can suggest you taking a ferocity pet. I go with a lvl79 devilsaur and a max pet-build.
During phase 1 & 3 I have to pay attention about aggro, but with just autoshot and a few FDs you shouldn't have any problems, not even with the knockbacks.

During phase 2 I'm just laying around and let my pet do the work. The self-heal through Bloodthirsty and Spirit Bond is more than enough; even if there are 2 or 3 whelps beating on your pet.
Just after the whelp-spawn I stand up, throw a Mend Pet and gain aggro of the whelps to bomb them. After this little action I feign death again and wait till the whelps spawn again (considering my mana in AotDH or AotV).
If I should drop low on health, I just bandage myself to gain aggro of the whelps.

All in all it's a fight of about 10 to 15 minutes and is safely doable without 2T5.

I tried with a lvl80 Gorilladin and had 2 tries, but always got problems with phase 2. Maybe, I should try it once again with my new gained experience.

#59 Difool

Difool

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

What are the mechanics of getting into Z'G? I know you need a raid to do this (unlike the 5-man instances), and I know if the person leaves the party after you get in, then you are out of raid and ported out. Can the other "raid member" be logged out or otherwise disconnected?

Z'G looks like a nice mix of reward and challenge. I've gone into UBRS/LBRS but there is an awful lot of trash. Strat dead-side is a fun quick farm run with the possibility of a mount, and rep if you never reached exalted, but doesn't appear to be any more profitable than doing dailies (more fun though).

Are there other dungeons - either TBC non-heroics, or from the orriginal campaign that are somewhat rewarding and a reasonable experience.

In other words, to overly-simplify, there are two reasons to solo old instances: (1) for the challenge of increasingly hard encounters, or (2) as more fun and slightly more profitable alternative to farming in WotLK. I'm curious what instances work well for (2) in addition to Z'G.

#60 Ehud

Ehud

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

In order to get into ZG or any other raid instance, you need to be in a raid group. The other person in your raid group CAN be logged out or disconnected.

I usually do one of two things. The first is to join a Wintergrasp raid and then not leave the raid when it is over. 9 out of 10 times, someone in the raid just logs out after WG is over without dropping group, I eventually become the raid leader, and I am free to run ZG. The other thing I do is just ask in general chat or the LFG channel if there is anyone who is about to log out or if there is someone who is just hanging out doing something that doesn't matter if they are in a raid group. Usually I find someone who doesn't mind being invited.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users