• Please log in to reply
1337 replies to this topic

#1241 errer

errer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

I wondered if I could kill Conclave of Wind 10 man so I can farm Drake of the South Wind. I managed to beat them after bringing 2 sprit beasts and flask/food buff.

Hunter solo Conclave of Wind! Patch 5.3 - YouTube

#1242 Mericet

Mericet

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

After watching the video I gave this a shot. Very interesting fight and it took a few tries to figure out what I needed to do. The first trick is frontloading a lot of damage onto Anshal and honestly getting lucky with crits/trinkets makes a big difference. After about 3 seconds the other bosses figure out no one is on their platform, then Rohash silences you (can't cast kill command) and Nezir slows your haste by 2000%. Basically your opening burst has to get Anshal to around 50%, then you hope you have enough focus to arcane shot him down to 20%, then kill shot has to get him to 1%. This all has to happen before he puts up his healing ring, or just barely after. To facilitate this, before the fight I rotated through a serpent, wolf and core hound to get their buffs before starting the fight with a spirit beast. I also had a flask, food, drums of kings, and prepotted. I don't think I used a runescroll of fortitude on the kill attempt but I would recommend it if you have any. If you aren't able to get him down in time just dismiss pet and feign, if you're too slow here you won't survive later on. Unfortunately you have to wait 6 minutes between attempts for ancient hysteria unless you get really lucky without it.

Nezir has significantly more HP and does a lot more damage than the other 2 (and by now Rohash's debuff is starting to tick harder as well). You still won't be able to kill command but the haste debuff is gone. Stampede should be used right away, and readiness for another round of cooldowns but just as importantly to get an extra glaive toss quickly since that is your best attack. I found kiting Nezir a bit to be helpful, when he stops to cast you can create some distance and glyph of liberation is helpful too. Like in the video I used two spirit mends, the first as soon as I was low enough for it to not overheal and the second about halfway through. Make sure you jump to Rohash's platform as soon as Nezir dies because a few extra ticks of his debuff can be deadly.

I found my potion cooldown from the prepot ran out right around the end of Nezir so I used it on a healing potion and it probably saved my life (you'll likely be sub-20% at this point). If you make it to Rohash's platform with more than a sliver of HP it should be a confirmed kill, once you clear the silence and damage over time debuff spirit bond will outheal his damage. I killed him before he reached full power but I don't think that should really make a difference.

#1243 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Kiting. I love kiting. Especially 15 minion who run faster than me and aren't grouped up while having to interrupt and dispel the boss while avoiding flash freezes and his cone attack. Actually, this boss was more challenging than most.
I did this in survival spec, but marksmanship is probably better - more self-healing and being able to daze mobs with multi-shot would really help. Dps isn't an issue since I didn't didn't dps during the second red/blue phases to get my cooldowns back, and push him to phase 2 with the 100% damage taken debuff

As always, a video/guide will be uploaded.

Posted Image

#1244 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I've started checking which new bosses can be solo'd with the 5.4 buffs. For the moment, omnotron 10 heroic and nefarian have fallen, and I really felt that buff on chimaeron. I'll keep this post updated.
Also got al'akir Heroic, finished phase 2 with full health whereas I died at 40% maximum before the patch. But phase 3 was intense as far as damage on the hunter went.

Edit: Shannox 10 Heroic down. Poor Riplimb, he died 6 times in that fight :)
Alysrazor 10 Heroic too, the voracious hatchlings lived up to their names during the tries (did 2 ground phases and 1 flying one) (not a worldfirst).

Ryolith 10 is totally doable (took the feet to 40% before a volcano activated on the other side of the room) if someone wants to try his luck with the volcanoes, with goos rng he should die. (A hunter already did it in patch 5.3)

#1245 errer

errer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Managed to kill Argaloth and Alizabal in 10 man normal. On Alizabal you want good gear and use spirit mend + deterrence after 1 tick of Seething Hate.

#1246 nirv

nirv

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

Can we get a list of full solo buffs for Hunters? In your video, you show that you can bring 3 pets out and give yourself their buffs (serpent, wolf, cat) which no longer works in 5.4.

So far I have
Crystal of Insanity (or a flask)
Drums of War (minor blood lust)
Drums of Forgotten Kings
Runescroll of Fortitude III (8% Stamina buff)
Virmen's Bite of course
Overgrown Lilypad (druid ability. Dash for Hunters)

Any other novelty or consumables that makes us more powerful solo would be appreciated. I'm soloing Warbringers for the mounts which isn't challenging but I'd just like to be as powerful as possible when doing it.

#1247 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

I can't think of other buffs (except food) but I never took a look at objects that don't work in raid.

He's right about the pets: only a core hound's bloodlust doesn't disappear after you dismiss the pet.

Edit: one bow later, I finally got Baleroc. Majordomo seems way harder. Also got Hagara Heroic.

#1248 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Took a trip at BoT heroic. Got cho'gall, halfus and the dragons, elemental council did too much damage but sinestra seems doable.

Got sinestra, now I can get to work on the videos

#1249 Solarflair

Solarflair

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

Managed to kill Argaloth and Alizabal in 10 man normal. On Alizabal you want good gear and use spirit mend + deterrence after 1 tick of Seething Hate.

Howdy, do you have a screenshot or video to share?

I just did this tonight after some wipes a few months earlier and thought I'd go back with a larger health pool.

Want to know if anyone else has completed this before I claim anything.

Footage:

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Durendil if you have the time, could you please post an updated list of what has/hasn't been solo'd yet? Many thanks! :D

#1250 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

Well I believe we can trust Errer on this, I also did both bosses about a week ago (just before my computer crashed, but it might still be possible to save the harddrive with the videos). Argaloth is totally doable if you blow all cds at 66% and get hime to the second storm without him putting his debuff on you. Alizabal is just about coolodown management, she doesn't have that much health after all. So even with only a few pieces from SOO they are doable.

Besides, we're talking about the guy that solo'd Conclave of winds, so he certainly has the ability, the gear, and the time. 

But it's true that making videos or at least a screenshot is best before claiming anything, the screenshots just require you to push a button and clears all doubts.

I'll update the list now.

Edited by Durendil, 03 November 2013 - 09:18 AM.

#1251 Narî

Narî

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

I'm newly registered to this forum but an experienced soloer and I though I'd share one of my recent solos.

http://i.imgur.com/tofpfSf.jpg

Image of Blood-Queen Lana'Thel on 25HC and possibly hunter world first? Haven't seen a kill on your updated list Durendil =)

#1252 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

I was busy with Valithria Heroic (easy with 559 gear), so I was locked out for Lana'thel. So I'ts possible it's a worldfirst.

Also downed Halion 25 Heroic and Champions 25 Heroic but with 6 of them (videos will come).

For the champions, when I first faced them last week they were 10 and killed me (couldn't outheal the dps and outdamage the healing) but today I extended my ID for a second try and they were 6. Barely had the dps to fight the healing, so 10-boss 25-man heroic will surely require some heroic gear.

We just need to get Valithria 25 Heroic and Leviathan 4 towers (without vehicles) and hunters will have finished soloing wotlk.

I may have fun with Leviathan 25+3 (no Hodir's fury, it just keeps killing my pet) later.

Edited by Durendil, 11 November 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#1253 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hunter shoot Solo'd Zon'ozz Heroic for Info http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_pOWUmPzdJI

By the way, I just solo'd Blackhorn Heroic in 559 ilvl gear, the fight was extremely unforgiving.

I did spine on normal, I started by cursing the random grips but then learned how to deal with them.

Edited by Durendil, 17 November 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#1254 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hunter shoot Solo'd Zon'ozz Heroic for Info http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_pOWUmPzdJI

By the way, I just solo'd Blackhorn Heroic in 559 ilvl gear, the fight was extremely unforgiving.
I did spine on normal, I started by cursing the random grips but then learned how to deal with them.

I have opted to create an account here as I was not aware there was such a wide array of people finding interesting ways to solo some of the bosses I once thought were impossible.

114 wipes later on 25m normal Zon'ozz I managed to overcome the ridiculous DPS check.

https://www.youtube....h?v=DqgxGmxa1XY

Edited by Shoot, 20 November 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#1255 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

While we're talking about 25-man bosses, I just solo'd Ragnaros. The main difference with normal is that he spawns 2-3 meteors at at a time in phase 3, so I had to move my pet. Other than that, he was like most 25-man bosses - barely more damage than 10-man normal and 3 times the health, so survival wasn't really an issue since I already knew 95% of the strategy and had more than enough dps.

#1256 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

Solo'd Halfus 25; Drakes have 11 mil each; pretty similar to 10 heroic though; Most of the difficulty is frontloaded at the start, Rez'd my pet about 5+ times; still fairly challenging;

Edited by Shoot, 22 November 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#1257 Markwean

Markwean

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

I have opted to create an account here as I was not aware there was such a wide array of people finding interesting ways to solo some of the bosses I once thought were impossible.

114 wipes later on 25m normal Zon'ozz I managed to overcome the ridiculous DPS check.

https://www.youtube....h?v=DqgxGmxa1XY

I just barely managed to kill this guy and it really is a ridiculously tight enrage timer. One thing I noticed was that if you are able to bounce the orb a couple times at the start of the fight you can get a couple extra stacks of the debuff on him that increases damage taken. This made it slightly easier to down him within the time limit. Here's the video of my kill

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

#1258 Narî

Narî

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:56 PM

cSSg2jz.jpg

Al'Akir 25man bit the .... dust? He's solo'd anyway.

544 ilvl as Survival.

Easy fight really. Pretty much just nuke phase 1 and keep pet alive (disengage back on the platform after Wind Burst)

In phase 2 you get a stacking debuff, I took 24 stacks and took damage, so for that ilvl and after 20 stacks, Spirit Bond won't be able to outheal the damage anymore.

Otherwise stack up on Stormlings and don't let his Feedback debuff he gains from killing the Stormlings run out (I accedently missed the timer so he reset once) before he hits phase 3 at 25%, stop dps and wait for more stormlings to spawn until you reach about 20 stacks of Acid Rain. Then kill the remaining Stormlings and push the phase. Then serious nuke!

Reminder: Your pet won't be effective in phase 3 since it does not have any capability to fly ='( So that's why i recommend Survival for this fight since we can damange well without our pet.

Edited by Narî, 23 November 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#1259 Markwean

Markwean

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:49 AM

Managed to down Atramedes on 25 Heroic. Probably the easiest heroic fight in Cata to solo from what I've seen.

vid: https://www.youtube....h?v=3aOe1vhvHYs

#1260 errer

errer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

Howdy, do you have a screenshot or video to share?

I just did this tonight after some wipes a few months earlier and thought I'd go back with a larger health pool.

Want to know if anyone else has completed this before I claim anything.

Footage:

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Durendil if you have the time, could you please post an updated list of what has/hasn't been solo'd yet? Many thanks! :D

Yes I have screenshots. I forgot to add screenshots to my post.

Alizabal

http://s16.postimg.o...1613_011918.jpg September 16th

Argaloth

http://s16.postimg.o...1613_005529.jpg September 16th

Edited by errer, 25 November 2013 - 02:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users