• Please log in to reply
1375 replies to this topic

#1261 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Managed to solo the Omnotron Defense System in 25 Heroic today; haven't found a video of someone doing this to prove it's not first.

#1262 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Solo'd Madness Heroic after a 58-minute long fight... I'm now shooting with a lot of conviction anything with "blood" in it. 

Spine Heroic will probably be one the most difficult solo's, and only when I get Heroic Gear. If it can be solo'd this expansion.

#1263 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

Managed to solo 10 heroic magmaw; couldn't find a video on youtube of anyone doing so assuming it's a first.

#1264 Narî

Narî

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

HnuPLzY.jpg

Maloriak 25man normal bites the dust!

one thing i learned after a few sub 10% wipes due to enrage was that tanking/kiting the Primal Subjects proved to be much more successful than having your pet tank them since they dealt little to no damage anyway.

solo'd with 559 gear and 15 seconds to enrage timer.

Binding shot proved to be helpful when the adds began to stack up before the first green phase =)

Sadly I'm not able to record fights as I'm progressing on them since I already lag quite a bit without Fraps. So you'll just have to deal with the screenshots for now =).

Edited by Narî, 22 December 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#1265 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:22 AM

25m Normal Cho'gall;

#1266 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

Argaloth 25m soloed !

I have 577 ilvl so I first thought this boss was doable with a huge burst/dps to avoid Consuming Darkness because of Firestorm. But then, I realized that Darkness debuff can easily be avoided, and there are several ways :

-The first one, be full hp. With my gear i have 686k hp, so that's enough to survive one debuff. I didn't even had to buff stam, which can up me to 720k hp.

-Deterrence (1) : the first way to use deterrence is during the last 5 seconds, with deterrence glyph (50% reduc damage). If you're not full hp, it will save you.

-Deterrence (2) : the best way by far to avoid debuff : right before you will receive the debuff, deterrence and reflect it. Usually, he launches the debuff after his Meteor Slash.

-Feign Death Teron-like : When deterrence and spirit mend are on cd, and you're not full hp --> fd. While fd, you will not get the debuff until you stand up again. Just wait for spirit bond to heal you full, or deterrence/spirit mend cd.

Spec BM of course, with a ferocity spirit beast, don't even need to have a tenacity pet.

(sorry guys for my english)

DPTFL9X.jpg

Edited by Lukybre, 27 December 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#1267 Caribald

Caribald

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hey everyone, long time no see. I haven't been soloing much since I returned to wow, but I wanted to try Ultraxion for the mount. Unfortunately, it seems 569 is too low of an item level to do it (still trying though) as I can't really find too much else I can do to survive longer or do more damage. My best try was 17% and this is what I did:

Spec BM with 3 Spirit Beasts. Pull with precast Mend Pet, Drums of Rage and prepot. Burn all damage cooldowns including Stampede, and Last Stand when pet is low health. I use Spirit Mend when the 2nd Twilight Instability is about to land (casting it immediately after the first one will cause it to overheal, because trinket procs make it heal for very much). Delaying it a bit after the first Twilight Instability does not cause you to lose a cast. Then, I'll cast another Spirit Mend when it's up, and 2 seconds before Hour of Twilight, I start dismissing my first Spirit Beast, summoning the 2nd, casting Deterrence before casting Dismiss Pet again and using Spirit Mend, then summoning the third pet and Feigning. After that, I'll cast another Bestial Wrath while nuking. As I said, my best try was 17% using this tactic.

I want to do an attempt where I get 5 bandage ticks off, use Alchemist's Rejuvenation, and hopefully survive a few seconds longer. I might not kill him but I still want to see how close I can get before I give up.

Another thing that can go in one's favor is getting a trinket proc before doing the dismissing. The increased healing could go a long way in improving one's survivability.

I haven't tried going with a stamina flask and food, but I don't think that would change too much. I might be wrong though.

EDIT: Oh wow, I just realized going into the normal realm makes you not get hit by Twilight Instability. I misclicked my ExtraActionButton1 hotkey and did it almost immediately, wasting 6 seconds of EVERY proc, and I got him to 10%. I'm expecting a kill soon.

6% now, streaming so that I have video proof if I do manage to kill him. Also, I actually forgot to ask, but has a hunter killed him before? I haven't seen anyone who did, but I've been out of the loop for a while.

Takes a bit longer than I would have liked, have to play perfectly with this gear at least.

- One point two percent... It's starting to get really boring. If I don't get it within the next couple attempts, I'll just leave it until I get a bit better gear. I know it's possible but it just depends on luck with procs etc.

Here's a link to the 1.2% attempt. I still haven't tried stam flask/food, but I got tired of trying. If someone's interested they can try to copy my strat - it's possible for sure, but with 569 it takes luck (still got Bad Juju though, you could probably be 569 and have an easier time than me).

http://www.twitch.tv/arrosc2/c/3447424

Edited by Caribald, 25 December 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#1268 Narî

Narî

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

Well done on all the new kills!

and Welcome Back CaribaLd! =)

#1269 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

@Caribald : http://www.wowhead.com/item=105514  ggeasywinlolosUltraxion

#1270 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

I don't have (yet) Juggernaut's trinket, but I've just killed Ultraxion with 577 gear flask/food stam --> 758k hp.

Thx to Caribald for showing us that it was doable, with an 1.2% pull, you deserve the first kill.

CqWkZuf.jpg

Edited by Lukybre, 27 December 2013 - 02:06 AM.

#1271 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

@Caribald : http://www.wowhead.com/item=105514  ggeasywinlolosUltraxion

It really does make a lot of things easier; and certainly opens up a lot of possibilities for things that were previously not thought to be soloable; a little info on this trinket for those that are curious (I have the H WF 2/2 version)

- Procs off DoTs; (MoC, SS, BA, Anything really)

- Procs off Cloak procs (each tick of your cloak proc counts as one heal tick; therefore having good procs = the difference between surviving and not surviving)

- Larger heals I've gotten are for 5 or 6k; average ones are between 1 - 3k; this is spec dependent too; as BM you lose a little value as it does not proc off pet attacks/KCs; only your attacks but it's still excellent even for BM solo'ing.

Edited by Shoot, 26 December 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#1272 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

Yu'lon (timeless isle) soloed !

Just keep moving, and heal pet, and pray that nobody will come to attack you (fuckin' rogue who killed me at 13%)

Niuzao soloed !

Just buff stam (gear stam if you have) ! Do not over aggro your pet, you will need your fd when Niuzao bump your pet, Niuzao will change his target after that. Use a cd on pet for the bump, and... have fun during 9-10min !

Chi-ji's turn !

Just as Niuzao, you need a lot of stam so that your pet can tank (I had 850k hp). Just kick his (her?) heal, and that's all

Xuen seems to be more powerfull, and there are too much pvp around me, so I stop there ! (maybe doable with all timeless isle buff, i did'nt have one of them for previous boss)

Edited by Lukybre, 26 December 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#1273 Narî

Narî

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

Lukybre that spree! good work! Do you possibly have a video or screenshot to prove your kills?

#1274 Caribald

Caribald

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

Congrats Lukybre, good luck on the mount if you don't have it :P That's really why I tried in the first place, I guess I'm too much of a completionist for my own good. By the way, I forgot where to find the list of what has and hasn't been done by hunters, does anyone know where it is?

#1275 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

@Caribald : page 56

@Narî : I don't have video but screenshots for Argaloth and Ultraxion. The Celestials are really weak (depends on your realm) so don't have any proof.

Btw, that's too bad I don't have video for Chi-ji. The rogue who killed me during Yulon came again to attack me, he tried with 3 characters and I killed him without wipe \o/

Edited by Lukybre, 26 December 2013 - 07:26 PM.

#1276 Narî

Narî

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

@Lukybre Please post the screenshot together with your post, clears all doubts instead of just being empty words =)

#1277 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

Done. But you know, I do those solo just for myself, I really don't care if people don't believe me ;)

#1278 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

Ultraxion Kill

Slightly modified Caribald strat; thank you for the useful VoD!

Edited by Shoot, 27 December 2013 - 05:47 AM.

#1279 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

Another solo, and I'm really proud of it : Chimaeron 25 nm (which mean I can easily solo Chimaeron 10 hm)

Here the screenshot :

eb9N49p.jpg

I did it after 40 wipes (2% for one of them T_T). The 30 first wipes were there only to find a good strat. I tried everything (gear dps/stam/2t5 etc...) so that my pet can tank the boss (at least more than 20sec so that fd can be up between each rez). But didn't work. I did one pull at 25% with huge luck.

But then I realized accidentaly that the boss was tankable (I didn't even to use that strat for Chimaeron 10nm) except for DA.

Funny thing, I killed him before I read the Durendil's strat for Chimaeron 10. I could win 3 hours, fuck my life.

So I won't explain what I did because you can find it on this video :

#1280 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:56 AM

Another solo, and I'm really proud of it : Chimaeron 25 nm (which mean I can easily solo Chimaeron 10 hm)

Here the screenshot :

eb9N49p.jpg

Congrats on your kill Lukybre; I had been working on this for awhile but had not been able to overcome it; working on 10H for awhile as well with not much success; the only version I've done of this fight is 10 normal.

Edited by Shoot, 28 December 2013 - 07:57 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users