Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

And finally, BWD 25 nm full clear !

Nefarian 25 soloed !

CRfEWqC.jpg

I tried several strats, even tried to survive the Onyxia's explosion when she becomes full of energy with a gear stam, but that's too bad : she killed herself --> p2. Not really what I hoped :P

Clearly, you can't simply kitte adds, try to depop them many times and keep a good dps on boss in p3. So you have to burst Nefarian during p3, before adds kill you. Rush p1 and begin p3 with Nefarian at 100% is suicide, even with my gear. So your goal is to begin p3 with Nefarian at 60%

First, you have to take the talent Narrow Escape, it will help you a lot.

During p1, start dps Onyxia. And do not use spirit mend until all adds are on you, you want to depop them. If there is an add on your pet, taunt and trap him. Use desengage for root all the adds. When Onyxia is at 10-15%, dps Nefarian until Onyxia is about to explode (3rd Nefarian's electrocute, so 70%) and kill her.

Onyxia and Nefarian don't make a lot of damage to your pet alone, but together... your pet can't survive infinitely. You have to depop the adds on one side of dragons, then go to the other side, like that, if your pet die, you can rez him without dragons blow on adds. With 571k hp, my pet died just once, right before Onyxia explodes.

Phase 2 : easiest phase. You have to be full hp when Nefarian is about to fly away, not necessary but preferable. Kick adds, use all of your spirit beast to heal you, use deterrence if need. Kill 2 adds, go to the third, and dps Nefarian until phase 3 begins. Finish the third add, dismiss your pet, and go on the side of the room (not where you left the adds in p1). Place Nefarian so that his body goes along the wall, and start burst !

When adds repop, you have to depop them at least once, so go right and left using desengage to root them, and pray that there won't be flames in the middle. When they repop again and you can't tank them anymore, fd, your pet will take everything, and finish the boss.

The required dps in p3 is less important than on Chimaeron-p2, but I don't think you can solo this boss with 550 ilvl :/

I think spec sv is really better on this fight, but you don't have enough self heal to survive the second phase. For those who have Juggernaut's trinket, you will have enough self heal, and you will have root with your traps --> longer p3 if you have not enough dps.

(Again, sry for my english !)

edit : like Chimaeron, I think Nefarian 10hm is easier, but I had a 25 id, so I will try them next week.

Edited by Lukybre, 28 December 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#1282 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

Chimaeron 10 Heroic Down

#1283 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

Wow, I leave and when I come back, a full new page! 

Well done everyone.

BWD 25 clear, bwd heroic nearly cleared...

like Chimaeron, I think Nefarian 10hm is easier, but I had a 25 id, so I will try them next week.

I actually believe 25-man to be easier than 10H, although it usually requires better gear. But that's subjective: in fact, in 25-man you usually have the same survivability requirements than in 10-man, but need far more dps. And once you have this dps, surviving is easier because you will have a lot more health than needed (chimaeron is, here, an exeption, surviving is about the same). However, in 10H you take a lot more damage, mistakes are usually more fatal, and there are also new mechanics to deal with.

I personally found ragna 10H harder than ragna 25, omnotron 10H harder than omnotron 25... However I actually don't find 25-man bosses very interesting even if sometimes I can solo them in 10H but not in 25 simply because for me they are dps races. But if you like finding ways to push your dps to its limits on a boss, it can be a fun challenge.

Now, with ultraxion down DS has been cleared, meaning that once Staghelm is down, we will have cleared Cataclysm normal.

By the way, WOTLK is nearly cleared! We need someone to kill Champions 25H with 10champions, and valithria 25H (ok, mabe not possible, but can someone with top gear try Vali 25?? I got her to 85% with half-Soo normal gear).

I personally took care of flame leviathan 4-towers (no vehicle worldfirst)

txz4.jpgI'll update the list tomorrow

Edited by Durendil, 30 December 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#1284 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

I actually believe 25-man to be easier than 10H

First I didn't say 10H is easier, I said Chimaeron and Nefarian 10H are easier, this is different, and also true. The only difficulty on Chimaeron is the last 20 percents. Chimaeron 25 --> 73/5=14.6M instead of 36/5=7.2M. Phase 2 can't be more longer than 30-40sec, so 25 is by far harder.

For Nefarian, difficulties are first and third phase. In 25 you have 8-9 adds and 48M hp in p3. In 10hm, 48M represents 100% of Nefarian's hp, so phase 3 will be really really shorter with only 3-4 adds. Phase 2 is neither harder or easier, it's just different. In 10hm, there are more damages, but this phase is by far shorter.

You can't make a majority, sometimes 25 is harder, sometimes 10hm is harder. Sometimes the small quantity of hp in 10nm/hm makes the fight really easy because you just skip abilities. Sometimes heroic-only abilities make the fight harder, even if the fight is shorter.

They are just different fights.

That's why we have to solo both of them ;)

Edited by Lukybre, 31 December 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#1285 errer

errer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

Majordomo Staghelm 10N was actually easier than I thought. Managed to down him on 6th try. Heavy burst at start and then just kite, FD when you have 70-80% hp and let pet tank and when it's dead ress it and start to kite again, rinse and repeat. Swapping to another spirit beast for extra spirit mend helps alot.

u9fd.jpg

I'm glad I have the Ultraxion mount already so I don't have to bother with that!

Edited by errer, 03 January 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#1286 Goldschakal

Goldschakal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:42 AM

Now, with ultraxion down DS has been cleared, meaning that once Staghelm is down, we will have cleared Cataclysm normal.

By the way, WOTLK is nearly cleared! We need someone to kill Champions 25H with 10champions, and valithria 25H (ok, mabe not possible, but can someone with top gear try Vali 25?? I got her to 85% with half-Soo normal gear).

I personally took care of flame leviathan 4-towers (no vehicle worldfirst)

Wish granted!
Killed Champs 25H http://i.imgur.com/OuSJw6u.jpg / http://i.imgur.com/YksVr2H.jpg (Itemlvl 565).

Started with all Cooldowns on the priest, followed by kiting all the melees. My targetprio was warrior>rogue>dk>shaman>the rest.

Some tips: Specc Narrow Escape, specc Wyvern Sting, always have freedom or disengage ready when the dk grips, dispell everything.

Edited by Goldschakal, 01 January 2014 - 02:56 AM.

#1287 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

Al'Akir 25H down; 130 something wipes later. Utterly brutal; I'll post a little more info regarding strat/setup when I have a bit of time.

Strat/Setup;

1. For this fight in all the other difficulties [10/10H/25] the preferred spec is survival for easier add control/popping; also you lose a significant amount of damage in p3 with pet despawning problems; and also you cannot really use blink strikes as BM which is a big dps loss because your pet will continue to port to the backside of Al'Akir and make it difficult to heal him and maintain high uptime on the boss. TL;dr Go Survival for this one

2. As many external buffs as you can afford yourself

3. H WF Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal 2/2 [3.41% lifesteal trinket]

[I DO NOT THINK YOU CAN DO THE FIGHT WITHOUT THIS TRINKET OR SOME FORM OF IT DUE TO HOW HIGH YOUR ACID RAIN STACKS WILL GET TOWARDS THE END OF P2; BUT IF ANYONE IS ABLE TO DO THIS WITHOUT THE TRINKET I'D BE VERY IMPRESSED]

4. Phase 2 Stuff; You will need to spawn a large number of adds; continue misdirecting them to your pet. Since you are doing this as survival I recommend a turtle for the extra shell shield so that your pet can hold additional adds longer. In my kill I had threat issues because I did not want to pop them early and the initial misdirect was not always enough threat; just feign what you can and if the adds get too out of control you're done. Once you have a good buildup of adds you can start multi-shotting them to dot them up with SS and ideally keep a few low ones so you can maximize time on Al'Akir and only switch to the low ones for a quick kill shot before going back on the boss. You will need to save 2 adds for p3; one has to be low; if you lose the stacks of Feedback on Al'Akir before going into p3 just reset him. You MUST have the debuff still on him in p3 or you will not meet the dps check.

5. Phase 3 Stuff; The boss has 168 million with a 10 minute berserk; even in near full BiS gear this means in order to survive in p3 as well as beat the berserk you will need to maintain the "Feedback" debuff on Al'Akir almost 95% of the fight. This means going into p3 with 2 adds; you will have a low one that hopefully will die with a heavy dot on him as you are transitioning and refresh the debuff; and then an additional add you kill when Feedback on Al'Akir has ~5 or less seconds left. In this time you really have to go all out; I saved lust/pot etc for this end part because this is a huge race; once you lose the debuff you have to hope you did enough to just straight burn before you die to attrition. The add will always be at the bottom so it's logical as you transition to fly towards the bottom while attacking Al'Akir; then make your way up whenever you get clouds over you. If you reach the top you should have a deterrence available to fly through all the existing clouds to the bottom again and by this point Al'Akir has to be dead or very close to dead or it's over. MAKE SURE YOU ARE RESUMMONING YOUR PET FOR EXTRA SPIRIT BOND TICKS AS HE WILL DESPAWN WHEN YOU FLY TOO HIGH OUT OF RANGE.

Edited by Shoot, 10 January 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#1288 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

Shannox 25 Down

#1289 quelvaj

quelvaj

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

just had a quick scroll through the pages and checked the 'killed list' on page 56 and saw that hc25 morchok wasent ticked off, think it may be an over sight but i just did it with out much trouble, did fd to despawn the twin thou.

morchok_25hc.jpg

#1290 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Congratulation on tha al'akir/shannox/champ kills.

Actually, I didn't tick Morchok 25 Heroic because of the "bug controversy":

basically, what is legit in soloing?

If you solo the lich king, you bug val'kyrs (few people consider this exploit). If you solo a boss that spawns adds (cho'gall), you can reset/despawn them: considered an exploit by some, I can put it in the list if I feel the fight was still an accomplishment, and for more controversial solos sometimes you have a hunter worldfirst and bugfreeHW (note "bugfree" and not "resetfree": subjectivity is the norm here). And there's making half the boss dissapear, which is where I personally draw my subjective line. Bug the adds? I usually still put it on the list. Bug the boss? It doesn't go on it. Of course, definitions of "bugging" the boss may vary, but I still draw a line at fighting only 1 boss in a multi-boss fight unless it's totally impossible to fight both at once (like a wind council with shared health where you cannot change platforms).

Edited by Durendil, 03 January 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#1291 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:10 AM

just had a quick scroll through the pages and checked the 'killed list' on page 56 and saw that hc25 morchok wasent ticked off, think it may be an over sight but i just did it with out much trouble, did fd to despawn the twin thou.

I do this every week this way and have been for some time but it takes pretty much all the difficulty out of the fight aside from avoiding the 1 shot stomp; video can be found on my youtube. Speaking of buggy fights; I'll try to put it in my VoDs but I had one pull on Nef 10H where when I got to p3 there were no bone golems for some reason. It was just Nef and me and I could have killed him fairly easily; but the bone golems are the only thing that truly adds difficulty to the fight; so it felt wrong to kill him under those circumstances; hence I reset =(.

Edited by Shoot, 04 January 2014 - 07:11 AM.

#1292 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Lord Rhyolith 25m

Alysrazor 25m

Edited by Shoot, 04 January 2014 - 06:01 PM.

#1293 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

Morchok 25H [Bug Free]

Edited by Shoot, 06 January 2014 - 02:19 AM.

#1294 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

Ascendant Council 10H down. First pull. No challenge. No comment.

dQdGXbE.jpg

#1295 Dentarg

Dentarg

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Faction champions 25 heroic 10 champions version video, cause first kill was without one :) Сильвана@Гордунни-EU

First killed annoying warrior, then rogue (another bunch of frustrating abilities - stun, -heal, disarm, etc.), then shaman healer, then others. Narrow escape and spirit bond are really good choices, spirit bond saved my life :) Binding shot is good too. Fight in current gear is about random at the start (procs), I myself forgot about lust drums and stamina scrolls, so it could have been easier.

P.S. killed entire ToC25HM today, other bosses are very easy, 1 pull = 1kill.

#1296 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

Spine of Deathwing 25 down !

92Zuy3b.jpg

L9jcGhF.jpg

Not really hard but very intense because of grips. You can't kill Amalgam+tendon without at least one grip. I will update later with strat.

Edit : Madness 4%, huge dps check

Edit2 : And finally, thanks to Barrage, Madness of Deathwing 25 down !

w3V1hZs.jpg

Edit 3 : I think both of these kills are world first regardless of class

Edited by Lukybre, 07 January 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#1297 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Well... Ascendant Council 25 down... dat joke !

I did one try before to switch in 10H the last time, just for fun.

Then, today I try one more time and... down. Too easy, don't even have to switch pet for multiple spirit mend, don't even need Juggernaut's trinket, I just used Glyph of Liberation.

I waited for bl, that's why I killed him after 12min but... I think I could easily kill him without.

Ascendant 10H and 25N were so easy that I will try Ascendant 25H next timer. I don't know if it is doable but... at least there will be a real challenge.

InNr7OR.jpg

#1298 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

WTVU6TN.png

Maybe doable with a full bis gear (I mean full hm wf) and all raid buff

Edited by Lukybre, 09 January 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#1299 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

Strat in description.

I will make another video for Spine. I have another strat in mind which is by far easier and less random... if it works, I haven't tried yet.

• Thotor likes this

#1300 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Just killed Beth'Tilac 25hm... first pull -_-

L7P29Hu.jpg

Edited by Lukybre, 24 January 2014 - 09:48 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users