1358 replies to this topic

#1301 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

Just killed Beth'Tilac 25hm... first pull -_-

Congrats on this; thanks for stopping by my stream to help with the tips; I'll probably keep working at this tonight and try and include a video; strat is the same but the dps requirement is much higher 81.53m vs like 50m

Edited by Shoot, 25 January 2014 - 01:35 AM.

#1302 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

Xuen down with full stam (893k). You can solo with less stam but with more rez :P

Do not forget to dispel Xuen's buff agility, when your pet is going to die, go as far as you can from Xuen, rez pet, fd. (you will not have enough deterrence to stay closed).

Crackling Lightning won't kill you, keep moving to avoid Barrage. Spec bm for spirit mend, just to be safe.

#1303 errer

errer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

Xuen down with full stam (893k). You can solo with less stam but with more rez :P

Do not forget to dispel Xuen's buff agility, when your pet is going to die, go as far as you can from Xuen, rez pet, fd. (you will not have enough deterrence to stay closed).

Crackling Lightning won't kill you, keep moving to avoid Barrage. Spec bm for spirit mend, just to be safe.

Actually 2x T5 with 20% stat buff + other isle buffs and survival is more than enough for Xuen. No need for stamina gear.

#1304 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

I agree, but I wanted to do these solo without buff, as for raid solo.

20% stats with dps gear give me the same amount of stam as my stam gear. So, yeah sure that's enough -_-

#1305 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

Nefarian 10H Down

#1306 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

e0s1.jpg

As always, video and description coming soon. And congratulations for the other bosses!

#1307 NarĂ®

NarĂ®

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

Nice one Durendil!

I've always been curious to try him out myself, what kind of DPS requirment do you think is needed to beat him before the enrage timer? Is it possible or not at all even with BiS gear?

#1308 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

To get him before the enrage, if you consider 16minutes on the boss, 305K dps is required (although survival here has an advantage since you lose some dps in phases 3 and 4 with all the pet movement). And I don't know what the dps in full heroic gear is under soloing/tenacity pet conditions, but it could be possible. Either way, surviving the enrage is "easy" in theory, but I personally found it so boring that I would sometimes forget to unfeign death at the right time and had to focus to avoid missing too many occasions of refreshing it without getting maced. But seriously, pet can't be damaged when he's in range+world in flames not affected by berserk? I barely believed it when I got through the berserk the first time (quickly deciding to switch pets, but forgetting to aggro the boss first and seing him despawn. After 48 minutes. That's why bosses where you have to outlast the berserk can be frustrating).

The video/strategy is getting uploaded.

#1309 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

Still working on this without rogue buffs; hopefully soon!

Update; Video with no rogue below!

Edited by Shoot, 22 March 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#1310 Goldschakal

Goldschakal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:09 AM

You didnt solo the boss Shoot.
You had a Rogue in your group for Attackspeed. While the Rogue died after 90seconds, it doesnt mean you solo'd the Boss. The reason you had a Rogue in your group was probably more dps so you could beat the enrage.

Anyway, after watching your video it seems to be possible to solo w/o the help of some other class. When I watched your video I saw alot of rotation/priority mistakes & also alot of (failed) pet disbands. Overall atleast 4, which means you didnt do anything for atleast 20seconds. So there is alot of room for improved.

Edited by Goldschakal, 17 March 2014 - 04:23 AM.

#1311 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

I agree, solo means solo, it means you are alone (and solo).

If you want someone who helps you without dps the boss, just take a healer, much easier \o/

#1312 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

I agree, solo means solo, it means you are alone (and solo).

If you want someone who helps you without dps the boss, just take a healer, much easier \o/

Fair enough, as it is not "true" solo a I'll be back at it this week to try it again, as Goldschakal mentioned I make many mistakes and I feel even without any external buffs the strategy is still optimal when executed well as he said. Spirit kings makes Feng seem like Disneyland irregardless take my word for it ;) in my opinion/experiences with both encounters Spirit Kings seems tougher to solo.

No rogues in this video though =) so we have now legitimately done a MoP boss!

(Spirit Kings, legit; http://www.worldoflo...mxzs2ij5qqz8yt/ with logs/video)

509 HP at end >.<

Edited by Shoot, 19 March 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#1313 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:23 AM

No rogues this time :) ; had amazing procs and good stacks going into p3; gg.

Damage log

http://www.worldoflo...1h0xx47cpduz2g/

Now we are 2/6 in MSV!

Edited by Shoot, 20 March 2014 - 04:31 AM.

#1314 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

Hagara 25; Zerg/snoozefest

#1315 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

Domo 10H falls after way too many attempts =)

#1316 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

I'm a little late but...

WoD changes :

Cower has been removed as a pet ability.

Distracting Shot has been removed.

Well.. fuck.

Did Blizzard give us some reasons? I mean, atm new bosses are all immune to our taunt, so it doesn't matter I guess. But cower wtf? Gonna miss that ability.

Edited by Lukybre, 10 May 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#1317 Nevernite

Nevernite

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

They actually mentioned via twitter that they are considering to NOT remove Distracting Shot.

don't mind the massive amounts of typos and grammar mistakes followed by edits

#1318 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

I'm a little late but...

Well.. fuck.

Did Blizzard give us some reasons? I mean, atm new bosses are all immune to our taunt, so it doesn't matter I guess. But cower wtf? Gonna miss that ability.

I am in the same boat with your thoughts on cower although with Versatility we are going to have all 3 pet spec's worth of talents assuming they aren't removing anything else. So you lose cower but gain bullheaded; roar of sacrifice; + what we already had for tenacity (last stand). Distracting shot I don't care much about as it I don't use it much in the solo'ing I do and I don't find it super useful.

#1319 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:08 PM

I don't like as much as you the Versatility talent. (for solo).

Roar of sacrifice, we don't care about that, and bullheaded has 3min cd. Cower is just really huge, 45sec cd so op, and very useful for burst damage.

And then, Versaitility = bm solo. If for some reason (dps/aoe for example) we have to switch in sv or mm, I don't think I will take this talent.

I just want to know why Blizzard is removing this ability. I don't see any reason.

#1320 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

I don't like as much as you the Versatility talent. (for solo).

Roar of sacrifice, we don't care about that, and bullheaded has 3min cd. Cower is just really huge, 45sec cd so op, and very useful for burst damage.

And then, Versaitility = bm solo. If for some reason (dps/aoe for example) we have to switch in sv or mm, I don't think I will take this talent.

I just want to know why Blizzard is removing this ability. I don't see any reason.

I agree with your thoughts on this; like I said; I wasn't saying that RoS/Bullheaded equally compensate the loss of cower; Cower is really good. If the fight calls for going SV/MM yeah you can't take Versatility because then you won't have a pet to tank so you'll have to opt for one of the other options. I tweeted Celestalon asking for a comment on it; let's see if he responds.

Edited by Shoot, 11 May 2014 - 09:38 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users