• Please log in to reply
1349 replies to this topic

#1321 NoGoal

NoGoal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:46 AM

They added cower-like abilities to some pets. i.e.: Shale Spiders get Solide Shell (50% damage reduction, 60s CD) on top of stats+crit buffs.

#1322 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:01 PM

They added cower-like abilities to some pets. i.e.: Shale Spiders get Solide Shell (50% damage reduction, 60s CD) on top of stats+crit buffs.

That's not "cower" like; that's like shell shield that turtles have. Shell Shield
or beetles Harden Carapace

Turtle seems kind of pointless then after this; doesn't give a buff; just keeps shell shield; so you're going to run a shale spider to get the Solid Shell + the buff Embrace of the Shale Spider for solo'ing unless they change pet abilities around some more.

It's also possible some of the tooltips are either incorrect or incorrectly datamined or bugged altogether; Thick Hide is one of the Rhino's abilities; so a 120 CD 50% reduction when the other pets have the 60 second? Why? Also the Quillen's new ability Stone Armor is weird; couldn't find it on any other pet; seems crappier than any of the 50% 12 second CDs though; but with the Quillen you get buffs as well.

Altogether it doesn't seem like losing cower for 1 buff is equal compensation. With solo'ing I generally opt for survivability over damage 90% of the time. Not having cower doesn't sound good; the way they "think" they are compensating sounds even worse.

Edited by Shoot, 13 May 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#1323 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:52 AM

With solo'ing I generally opt for survivability over damage 90% of the time

This.

And that's why, in bm spec, we will keep spirit beast for almost all solo. His spirit mend can be use on himself, so in 70% of the cases it's a better cd-def than turtle/beetle shield (remember that his heal is more powerful if used on himself, and only 30sec cd).

For bm solo, we'll keep spirit beast, but without cower. That's a huge nerf imo who can't be compensated by any species ability

Edited by Lukybre, 14 May 2014 - 03:53 AM.

#1324 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

I personally won't comment on the WoD changes before beta starts (I just hope I'll have a key, so I can complain with proof if we get nerfed). I will only congratulate Shoot for the lastest solos.

However, now that i'm back, I was planning on organizing a 25-man hunter raid (alliance, europe) since I sincerely believe that a group of skilled hunters can clear non-SOO MoP bosses normal: I've been thinking of strategies for MSV, HoF, ToES and ToT normal for a while, and haven't found a boss that has a mechanic that would make it impossible yet, so it's all about wether we have enough healing (for high-damage bosses, I just hope I can find enough "healers"=hunters with 5 spirit beasts).

But how to organize it? I was thinking about using a forum, so do you know a good free forum hoster that's easy to use? Or does anyone has another idea?

Edit: forum half-finished

Edited by Durendil, 17 May 2014 - 06:25 AM.

#1325 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:48 PM

I personally won't comment on the WoD changes before beta starts (I just hope I'll have a key, so I can complain with proof if we get nerfed). I will only congratulate Shoot for the lastest solos.

However, now that i'm back, I was planning on organizing a 25-man hunter raid (alliance, europe) since I sincerely believe that a group of skilled hunters can clear non-SOO MoP bosses normal: I've been thinking of strategies for MSV, HoF, ToES and ToT normal for a while, and haven't found a boss that has a mechanic that would make it impossible yet, so it's all about wether we have enough healing (for high-damage bosses, I just hope I can find enough "healers"=hunters with 5 spirit beasts).

But how to organize it? I was thinking about using a forum, so do you know a good free forum hoster that's easy to use? Or does anyone has another idea?

Thanks and welcome back; hope finals went well; I would join if I wasn't US. To organize it you might want to try reddit or something like that.

Edited by Shoot, 16 May 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#1326 Solarflair

Solarflair

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:03 AM

I really wish this was US, Durendil!
Shoot, I have been planning to get a 25-man Hunter MSV going for some time, maybe we can join heads and see what we can do about making this a reality.

I already have a few Hunters who I know are definitely in.

#1327 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

Ok, so I made the forum at https://sites.google...spandaria/forum

To avoid too many off-topic messages in this thread, I suggest, if you want to ask anything, that you ask to join the group and post in the "discussions" thread.

Don't hesitate to read the "read me" section for any basic info.

I hope we'll be able to organize great raids!

Edited by Durendil, 17 May 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#1328 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

I really wish this was US, Durendil!
Shoot, I have been planning to get a 25-man Hunter MSV going for some time, maybe we can join heads and see what we can do about making this a reality.

I already have a few Hunters who I know are definitely in.

I know a few people that would probably be interested as well. Not 25 though =/

Edited by Shoot, 17 May 2014 - 09:33 PM.

#1329 Narî

Narî

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

Great thinking durendil!

Too bad you're alliance though hehe, otherwise I would have definetly joined you.

#1330 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

Yor'sahj 25H falls!

#1331 Lukybre

Lukybre

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:34 AM

djDIlvm.jpg

Maybe a new world first (legit kill, don't forget Durendil's one) : Ragnaros 25 hm before enrage.

16min10 to kill him, so I guess it was doable without new upgrades after all (I think 580 ilvl is needed).

I was in bm spec because I have a better gear for this spec atm, but sv is a better choice for this fight.

Edited by Lukybre, 30 May 2014 - 04:16 AM.

#1332 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

Pfew. When I decided to start soloing again, I guess I didn't pick the easiest one :)

WoWScrnShot_080214_203211_zpsf7455b99.jp

The video is coming, but basically the main problem was that there were 3 "mandatory" drakes, and Halfus + 3 drakes on pet were just murder, so the fight was about rezzing your pet again and again while not losing too much dps - I got him 6 seconds after zerk, while he was roraing, and for that I had to add the whelps into the mix at the start - poor pet, even with quintuple last stand his health was going down.

Got alysrazor/ryolith 25h too, I'll make an article about those two later.

Edited by Durendil, 04 August 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#1333 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

The three videos should be available very soon on my channel. The last 2 bosses were what I call unforgiving but not too hard.

As far as Ryolith was concerned, Heroic mode required perfect steering - kill the volcanoes one after the other. However bursting the foot was complicated because unless you cleaned up with bestial wrath, whenever fragments were up I had to aoe permanently. Also, if 2 sparks were up I had to finish one off quickly - so no dps on the foot. In the end, it was hard, but doable once you got the hang of steering and dealing with adds at the same time.

WoWScrnShot_080414_153037_zps038045f5.jp

Then came alysrazor. I used the same strategy as the priests - just go to Ryoliths ledge with 5 spirit beasts during firestorm, and deterrence while rotating. However the birds aggro you if you are on the ground when they spawn, so I also had to do the flying phases - here again, it's just a matter of learning to fly, the main sources of wipes were when the last 2 circles before firestorm spawned somewhere I didn't see, but then I learned where the first circle after the cast always spawned, and the rest is history.

WoWScrnShot_080414_171523_zpsd6466d54.jp

Edit: got Blackhorn 25, he was surprisingly easy although the first onslaught did surprise me with it's 975K damage :) In the end I deterrenced one out of two onslaughts.

Edited by Durendil, 05 August 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#1334 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

I started testing soloing on beta.

For the moment I just did ICC (didn't kill the lich king because some damage still isn't scaled down). I'll do a thorough analysis later, but as far as numbers are concerned damage is insanely increased, hunter survival seems is slightly up and pet survival slightly down. Note that those numbers will be those we see in the next expansion since we'll have a 7-level difference with mop bosses.

What worries me is the shared pet CDs - basically, you can't rotate pets: if you cast spirit mend, all pets have a 30-sec cd on it. Same for last stand - it's once every 6 minutes, all pets included.

Quintuple last stand is gone. I believe it might have something to do with the shared pet CD.

There are also minor bugs, but they don't threaten extreme soloing as a whole.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, hunter soloing isn't a priority for blizzard, and it's not like rotating pets and quintuple last stand were causing imbalances in pve or pvp - so no getting paranoid, it's probably a side-effect of another change and not an attack :) However, as far as I'm concerned, it's a side-effect that causes big problems, so it's a bug. And I plan on reporting it on the eu forums after a little more testing, it would be great if an US hunter did the same (after testing, if possible, so they can reply to questions effectively). This isn't a bug they will "just fix", we have to make them realize it's there.

Thank you,

Durendil

#1335 Shoot

Shoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

I started testing soloing on beta.

For the moment I just did ICC (didn't kill the lich king because some damage still isn't scaled down). I'll do a thorough analysis later, but as far as numbers are concerned damage is insanely increased, hunter survival seems is slightly up and pet survival slightly down. Note that those numbers will be those we see in the next expansion since we'll have a 7-level difference with mop bosses.

What worries me is the shared pet CDs - basically, you can't rotate pets: if you cast spirit mend, all pets have a 30-sec cd on it. Same for last stand - it's once every 6 minutes, all pets included.

Quintuple last stand is gone. I believe it might have something to do with the shared pet CD.

There are also minor bugs, but they don't threaten extreme soloing as a whole.

Now, as far as I'm concerned, hunter soloing isn't a priority for blizzard, and it's not like rotating pets and quintuple last stand were causing imbalances in pve or pvp - so no getting paranoid, it's probably a side-effect of another change and not an attack :) However, as far as I'm concerned, it's a side-effect that causes big problems, so it's a bug. And I plan on reporting it on the eu forums after a little more testing, it would be great if an US hunter did the same (after testing, if possible, so they can reply to questions effectively). This isn't a bug they will "just fix", we have to make them realize it's there.

Thank you,

Durendil

I will report it; I have done an extensive amount of solo'ing on the beta and have been able to down some MoP bosses. I assumed it was intended; but who knows. It is a big nerf not to be able to cycle pets though. Earlier on Multi-strike was affecting mend pet ticks which was making pet healing crazy; but they made multi-strike no longer affect it; not sure if this was intentional or not either.

Edited by Shoot, 07 August 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#1336 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for the help - I personally won't test level 100 soloing of mop raids, so I'll let you analyse numbers and possibilities, I'll just comment mainly on bugs and mechanic changes by comparing live soloing with beta soloing at level 90.

Edit: pet survivablity should actually be up since the beta is bugged: blood of the rhino/animal bond don't increase the healing of mend pet, although they work on bandages.

Edit: finished all video capture, now I need to extrapolate the data.

Edited by Durendil, 07 August 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#1337 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Ok, so I did the thread: http://eu.battle.net...577956?page=1#2. It's on the EU forums. It's really important that it gets bumped and replied too since some of the changes to extreme soloing are just devastating from a qualitative manner - and quantity can be affected by gear but once quality is gone, it's forever (or for years).

Also, I give anyone leave to quote, copy, or anything as long as they link this link so we can get soloers to unite to defend our entertainment.

P.S: if anyone starts a US thread, please link it so I can link it in my post.

#1338 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

Got maloriak 25 Heroic - he was actually easier than the 10H version since assurance of consequence and increased health allowed me to kite the adds far more easily and ignore some arcane storms instead of deterrencing. Dps was more of an issue though, so I had to go BM to clear the adds during the green phase.

WoWScrnShot_080914_173759_zpsf84ad06d.jp

Edited by Durendil, 09 August 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#1339 Narî

Narî

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

6xNrQDq.jpg

Valithria Dreamwalker 25man Normal has been solo'd! Which means we only need her on Heroic mode now to cross of WoTLK as solo'd, however it's looking dark. Since her health decays in heroic mode, her effective health will be a lot more and in my kill video the room was just seconds away from being swarmed with mobs.

Video: http://youtu.be/Y5U9Vn4ihL8

Edited by Narî, 12 September 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#1340 Durendil

Durendil

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

Does anyone know if the bugs with mend pet (not affected by blood of the rhino/animal bond) on the Beta are also present on the 6.0 ptr?*

As far as pet cycling goes, answer of Blizzard:

This is entirely by design, and we view it as fixing an exploit/loophole. Abilities are given cooldowns and tuned accordingly, with the intent that they can be used once per X seconds. The ability to cycle through multiple copies of the same pet to bypass those cooldowns is something that we've wanted to prevent since Mists, but it was not a simple task technically, so we weren't able to cleanly implement it until now. I understand it removes what you saw as fun and harmless tricks in your repertoire when soloing encounters (and which were indeed fun and harmless in that context). However, the ability to do this did cause balance problems in a number of situations and often limited the diversity of hunter pet-taming by causing the "right" answer to be stacking multiple copies of the same pet.

:(  :(  :( 

Edited by Durendil, 29 September 2014 - 10:57 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users