• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

#1 dedmonwakeen

dedmonwakeen

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:50 PM

Wiki-page overhaul of profiles (gear, glyphs, talents) and analysis.....

Simulation Output

#2 Selmarix

Selmarix

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

Information on some of the FIXME:

Hunter's Mark glyph helps all hunters in the raid (as long as the hunter with the glyph and/or the talent puts up the mark).

Ranged Weapon Specialization increases all ranged hunter damage (but not pet damage).

Refreshing Serpent Sting with Chimera recalculates AP now (like recasting serpent manually would).

#3 dedmonwakeen

dedmonwakeen

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:28 AM

Information on some of the FIXME:

Hunter's Mark glyph helps all hunters in the raid (as long as the hunter with the glyph and/or the talent puts up the mark).

Ranged Weapon Specialization increases all ranged hunter damage (but not pet damage).

Refreshing Serpent Sting with Chimera recalculates AP now (like recasting serpent manually would).

Thanks for the feedback. We've implemented your recommendations.

The SampleOutputMelee page has been refreshed.

#4 Rezdan

Rezdan

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:01 AM

I'm curious, have you developed the internal mechanics to reflect those mechanics in the WotLK Spreadsheet or separately?

#5 dedmonwakeen

dedmonwakeen

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:12 AM

I'm curious, have you developed the internal mechanics to reflect those mechanics in the WotLK Spreadsheet or separately?

While I may have designed the infrastructure, Na-Oma and Sjogren made the calls on the nitty-gritty details.

I believe that they used the spreadsheet when they couldn't easily test the mechanics themselves.

There are always going to be some differences simply because one setup is "formulation" and the other is "simulation"....... but I would certainly hope for results that are not TOO different.

#6 Har

Har

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

The spreadsheet has limitations that this script won't have. For example, if you have an ability that is recursive in nature, the spreadsheet can not model it accurately. For example: http://elitistjerks....3-post1177.html

#7 Sthellesta

Sthellesta

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:57 AM

Downloaded the .tar.gz source code. It compiles, but it doesn't run. Doesn't give any error messages when ran. Just does nothing. Here is the output of make in the terminal:
[SIZE="1"]g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_action.cpp -o sc_action.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_attack.cpp -o sc_attack.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_consumable.cpp -o sc_consumable.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_druid.cpp -o sc_druid.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_enchant.cpp -o sc_enchant.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_event.cpp -o sc_event.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_hunter.cpp -o sc_hunter.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_mage.cpp -o sc_mage.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_option.cpp -o sc_option.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_pet.cpp -o sc_pet.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_player.cpp -o sc_player.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_priest.cpp -o sc_priest.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_rating.cpp -o sc_rating.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_report.cpp -o sc_report.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_rng.cpp -o sc_rng.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_rogue.cpp -o sc_rogue.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_shaman.cpp -o sc_shaman.o
sc_shaman.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool<unnamed>::flametongue_weapon_t::ready()’:
sc_shaman.cpp:2017: warning: suggest parentheses around && within ||
sc_shaman.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool<unnamed>::windfury_weapon_t::ready()’:
sc_shaman.cpp:2089: warning: suggest parentheses around && within ||
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_scaling.cpp -o sc_scaling.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_sim.cpp -o sc_sim.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_spell.cpp -o sc_spell.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_stats.cpp -o sc_stats.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_target.cpp -o sc_target.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_thread.cpp -o sc_thread.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_unique_gear.cpp -o sc_unique_gear.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_util.cpp -o sc_util.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_warlock.cpp -o sc_warlock.o
g++ -Wall -malign-double  -O3 -c sc_weapon.cpp -o sc_weapon.o
g++  sc_action.o sc_attack.o sc_consumable.o sc_druid.o sc_enchant.o sc_event.o sc_hunter.o sc_mage.o sc_option.o sc_pet.o sc_player.o sc_priest.o sc_rating.o sc_report.o sc_rng.o sc_rogue.o sc_shaman.o sc_scaling.o sc_sim.o sc_spell.o sc_stats.o sc_target.o sc_thread.o sc_unique_gear.o sc_util.o sc_warlock.o sc_weapon.o -lpthread -o simcraft
[/SIZE]
This is in Ubuntu 8.10

*Edit* Didn't see this link: HowToRun - simulationcraft - Google Code
I'll update this with more information once I make sure it wasn't just user error ;)

*Edit2* Still can't get this to run. Running "simcraft output=results.txt input=raid_80.txt" in the terminal just yields the error "bash: simcraft: command not found." Running "open simcraft output=results.txt input=raid_80.txt" just gives me "Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console."

#8 dedmonwakeen

dedmonwakeen

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

Downloaded the .tar.gz source code. It compiles, but it doesn't run. Doesn't give any error messages when ran. Just does nothing. Here is the output of make in the terminal:

This is in Ubuntu 8.10

*Edit* Didn't see this link: HowToRun - simulationcraft - Google Code
I'll update this with more information once I make sure it wasn't just user error ;)

Just an FYI....... The the tarball source download represents a "stable" point in time matching the windows exec.

Since we are still tuning the Hunter (and Rogue) modules, I highly recommend using SVN to get the latest level of source. (Take a peek at HowToBuild.)

To run: ./simcraft input=melee.txt

The next release will accommodate people who just want to run one profile with "optimal" raid buffs. In the meantime, you still have to compose the raid with the right players to get all the buffs/debuffs.

#9 Sthellesta

Sthellesta

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:40 AM

That got it to work, I'll check it out. Thanks.

#10 Hink

Hink

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:16 AM

*Edit2* Still can't get this to run. Running "simcraft output=results.txt input=raid_80.txt" in the terminal just yields the error "bash: simcraft: command not found." Running "open simcraft output=results.txt input=raid_80.txt" just gives me "Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console."

Bash (the shell running inside the terminal) won't automatically include the current directory in its search path, hence the error. This behavior is different from what you're used to on windows. Anyway, for it to actually work, assuming simcraft is in your current directory, you would have to run:

./simcraft  output=results.txt  input=raid_80.txt

Edit: dedmonwakeen answered this before me, ignore the redundant advice.

#11 na-oma

na-oma

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

-Does Ranged Weapon Specialization also increase damage of Serpent String? Explosive Shot was changed to benefit from it, but Serpent String still does not.

-I verified recalculation of ap when refreshing serpent via Chimera.

But try the following:
1. Activate Viper, sting the target, watch the ticks, switch to Hawk, watch the ticks. The ticks will remain the same (50% penalty).

2. Activate Viper, sting the target, watch the ticks, switch to Hawk, Chimera shot, watch the ticks. The ticks will only gain a small amount of damage, which comes from the ap you gain from hawk. The Viper Damage penalty still remains.

3. Activate Viper, sting the target, watch the ticks, switch to Hawk, refresh Sting, watch the ticks. The ticks will now be more than doubled, since you loose the viper penalty and gain some ap.

So Chimera Shot will recalculate the ap, but it WILL NOT act like a fresh application of the Sting, e.g. will not take Viper into account ( and maybe other % buffs??)

Is the spellpower of SW:P recalculated when refreshed by mindflay by now? Do the 5 Stacks of Shadow Weaving still only have an effect over the full fight when present at the initial application of SW:P? When both is true, we have the same mechanics here: Recalc of +dmg when refreshing, but %-based stuff gets calculated at the initial application. Dunno if this only happens for selfbuffs, or for debuffs too. Then Hunters maybe have to watch carefully for debuffs initially like Spriests do.

#12 Vitaro

Vitaro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

-Does Ranged Weapon Specialization also increase damage of Serpent String? Explosive Shot was changed to benefit from it, but Serpent String still does not.

From my experience (and I've investigated Serpent Sting a *lot* over the past few months) RWS does not influence the damage of Serpent Sting.

#13 dedmonwakeen

dedmonwakeen

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

-I verified recalculation of ap when refreshing serpent via Chimera.

But try the following:
1. Activate Viper, sting the target, watch the ticks, switch to Hawk, watch the ticks. The ticks will remain the same (50% penalty).

2. Activate Viper, sting the target, watch the ticks, switch to Hawk, Chimera shot, watch the ticks. The ticks will only gain a small amount of damage, which comes from the ap you gain from hawk. The Viper Damage penalty still remains.

3. Activate Viper, sting the target, watch the ticks, switch to Hawk, refresh Sting, watch the ticks. The ticks will now be more than doubled, since you loose the viper penalty and gain some ap.

So Chimera Shot will recalculate the ap, but it WILL NOT act like a fresh application of the Sting, e.g. will not take Viper into account ( and maybe other % buffs??)

Na-Oma..... We'll need to override the refresh_duration() method to save the state off all player_xxx vars except player_power. Yuck. If Blizzard changed their arch to support a generic refresh on their DoTs they'd have far fewer bugs spread around all the unique refresh() implementations.....

#14 Corbetti

Corbetti

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

I'm looking at adding some extra support for Cunning pets.

I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm whether or not Owl's Focus can be triggered by Wolverine Bite. From the ability description I infer that it can.

Also, whether Wolverine Bite can consume an Owl's Focus buff. The description is ambiguous on the latter and I have a nasty suspicion that WB was designed to use focus and thus probably does consume.

#15 dedmonwakeen

dedmonwakeen

Bald Bull

• Members
  • 1302 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:23 PM

SimulationCraft r1501 is now available for public download, containing 3.0.9 support for Hunters.

The main thread is found here: http://elitistjerks....el_development/

Now that we are over the initial development hurdle, perhaps we should continue discussion there? I don't mind tracking multiple threads, but I've already picked up a "spam" infraction for putting the same update/announcement post in more than one thread so I need to be careful.

#16 Hernes

Hernes

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

ufff this is complicated >.<

#17 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:12 PM

ufff this is complicated >.<

Feel free to ask if you got any problems with SC, that's what those threads are about, to get feedback.
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.
Do not run, we are your friends.
SimulationCraft Druid Guy

#18 Neruse

Neruse

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

I see the hunter module has come a long way. Still has some things that need to be optimized, such as specs, choice of pets, gear layouts, glyphs, and choice of food buffs.

Is the T7 build still being worked on, or is the effort concentrated on the T8 build?

#19 Starfox

Starfox

King Hippo

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:53 PM

I see the hunter module has come a long way. Still has some things that need to be optimized, such as specs, choice of pets, gear layouts, glyphs, and choice of food buffs.

Is the T7 build still being worked on, or is the effort concentrated on the T8 build?

msjogren (don't know if he got the same nick on EJ forums) is working on hunter and hunter profiles, T7 and T8 ones.
He recently changed all the profiles to use BiS gear_xxx values i think, and everyone is open to suggestions to refine profiles. If you know something that would raise the dps for one of the profiles feel free to just post it.
Hello.
Light the fuse.
For all my homies.
Do not run, we are your friends.
SimulationCraft Druid Guy

#20 Neruse

Neruse

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:23 PM

T8 hunter stuff:

SV:
1) 7/13/51 (Resourcefulness reduces the cooldown of Black Arrow on PTR).
2)
3) Replace Serpent Sting glyph with Kill Shot glyph.
4) Switch cat with wolf. Furious Howl is now 320 AP at 80, 20s buff with 40s CD.

MM:
1) 15/51/5
2)
3) Replace Steady Shot glyph with Kill Shot glyph. Replace IAotH glyph with Chimera Shot glyph.
4) Switch cat with wolf.

BM:
1) 53/13/5
2) Add Multi-Shot, in rotation after Arcane Shot.
3) Switch cat with devilsaur.

Eh, could do this myself. Have to devote some time to fiddle around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users